Chapter 75:

Aspen pov once again <3 (A late chapter)

------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't go to my new school today.

Not because of anything too negative. . .

No, I had to stay home today because two people arrived to talk with me and examine Emory's house.

Apparently, Due to the fact that Emory was my soulmate and I was apparently 'a danger to myself', These people were sent to do a wellness check of a sort to make sure Emory wasn't mistreating me.

Emory approved of them and assured me that they just wanted to make sure I was okay, That they had good intentions.

Despite his assurances, I still was incredibly stressed through the whole ordeal.

On the verge of tears for the most part, Scared that they'd take me away from Emory if I said something wrong.

Despite that, I felt sorry for the two well intended people, They did their best to try and calm me throughout our discussions, But their attempts didn't do anything.

 Now though, With them gone and the house empty except for me, I was feeling calmer. . .But also lonelier.

The quiet sounds of the house settling and the windows quietly creaking in the strong winds were setting me on edge.

My solution to that was to grab the fluffy green blanket and head up to Emory's bedroom.

Hesitantly, I entered his room and made my way to the bed, Curling up in a small ball with the green blanket bundled tightly around me.

I felt tired and drained from all the emotions I had warred with today, Constantly feeling unsafe and scared of the two people in Emory's home.

A part of me just wanted Emory to return, I. . .Missed him.

I felt a bit like an old timey wife, Pining for her currently absent husband.

Would he be happier with a soulmate like that?

Eventually though, Exhaustion won out, And I was soon drifting through mindless dreams.

Said dreams were cut off after a while when the front door opened with a click, The quiet sound as loud as a gunshot in the silent house.

Slowly, I sat up, The green blanket wrapped and tangled tightly around me.

''Aspen?'' I could hear Emory's voice calling out from downstairs.

Yawning, I wiped the sleep from my eyes as I struggled to wake up.

Before I could call out to him that I was upstairs, He seemingly already guessed as much.

If him semi urgently pushing his bedroom door open was anything to go by.

''Ah, Here you are Setzling'' He murmured, Slowly moving over to sit down next to me on his bed, Seemingly calming down with the knowledge that I was here and alive.

He's called me that before. . .Is it an. . .Insult?

''What?'' I asked hesitantly, Unsure how to ask 'Hey uh, What's that weird word you keep calling me? 'Cause I kind of expect it to be an insult'.

We stared at each other for a second before Emory seemingly read my mind.

''Sapling'' He answered, Correctly reading my confused expression.

''Oh. . .'' I whispered quietly.

The way he said that word, With such endearment, Made something warm flutter about in my chest.

 He reached out, Resting his hand on top of my blanket covered head.

''Come, Let us get some dinner in you'' He encouraged, Gently starting to tug me up off his bed.

''E-Emory?'' I squeaked out, Making him stop.

Hesitantly, I tugged on his arm until he sat back down beside me.

''Could. . .We just. . .Cuddle?'' I asked tentatively, Feeling still pretty drained from the day.

He hesitated before nodding slowly.

''We can, I will be back'' He told me, Placing a quick kiss onto my forehead before gently removing my hand and getting up.

I was confused, But I waited where I was.

After what felt like an eternity, Emory returned to my half asleep self.

He was carrying two plates of food with him.

Two plates of pizza to be exact.

''You still need to eat dinner'' Emory explained, Handing me a plate of cheese pizza before setting down his plate and going to change out of his work clothes.

''How. . .How was your day today?'' I called out to him while he disappeared into the bathroom.

I was genuinely curious, Mostly because he seemed tired but in a good mood.

But I also wanted to just hear his voice some more, It was soothing to just listen to him speak.

''I have had a good day'' He answered before a moment later, He emerged in a loose grey shirt and sweat pants that despite being loose, Showed a slight but uninterested bulge in his pants.

Oh. . .He's not aroused. . .He's just. . .Really big down there. . .

I adverted my eyes from him, Staring down at my plate as he climbed into bed next to me.

''I was told that you had a rough day'' He informed me just as soon as I took a bite of my pizza slice.

Being unable to speak while eating, I just let out a nervous hum to convey my concerned confusion.

Is. . .He talking about the people who were checking up on me? Were they mad?. . .Is he mad? Disappointed?

I watched him wearily, He didn't seem upset, More so concerned.

We both stared at each other for a moment before he reached out, Gently pulling me down to the bed next to him, Holding me close to his side.

I rested my head on his shoulder, Listening to him breath.

''Emory. . .'' I murmured quietly, My food now forgotten as I remembered the feelings I had been feeling towards the other man all day.

I rolled over slightly as he hummed in acknowledgement, Turning his attention to me as I laid down on my belly, Resting my head on his chest.

''Can you. . .Complete my marks?'' I asked quietly, Watching as his eyes widened in surprise, His whole body tensing up.

''Y-You don't have to if you don't want to I just thought. . .'' I started to backpedal instantly, Staring to move off of him.

Before I could, He reached down, Holding me close to stop my attempt to move away from the awkward conversation.

''Setzling. Sapling, I do want to, If you are sure you want this. Not if you feel that you are pressured into this'' He assured me, One hand moving to rest on the side of my face.

Hesitantly, I leaned my head into his touch, His glove irritating me a little bit.

''I-I'm sure, This is what I want'' I murmured, Closing my eyes and forcing the words out before I could second guess myself.

I can trust him. . .I do trust him.

---------------------------------------------------------

Late chapter but things are progressing!

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen