Chapter 9: A talk

A'ight, Emory chapter because Channing is annoying me to write.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I nervously attempted to pull my arm out of his grip, Uneasy with him actually trying to help me.

Why is he? Does he want something? Will he hurt me if I don't do something correctly?

His grip just tightened slightly on my hand, Almost like a slightly gentle warning.

''Calm down, This should not hurt'' He muttered, Crouching down in front of me and taking a Antiseptic wipe out of the kit.

Oh heck. . .

I tried to tug my arm away again, Not wanting him to end up wiping the remaining makeup off my arm.

''W-What are you doing?'' I stuttered out nervously, Trying to stop him as he refused to remove his hand.

''I am seeing the extent of the damage'' He explained gruffly, His eyes not moving from my bruised arm.

I opened my mouth, About to lie, About to tell him it was nothing, Just a small bruise.

Sadly however, He had reached out, In the short time it took for me to realize that fact he had already grabbed my arm right above the revealed bit of bruise.

A squeak of pain escaped me before I could even attempt to cover it, He must have been expecting that somehow as I could feel him staring at me intently the whole time.

A grim look was on his face as he stared at me, I found myself glancing away nervously, His Brownish Amber eyes seeming to bore into me.

A heavy sigh from said man drew my attention back to him right before he started to lightly wipe the makeup off my arm, Further revealing the purplish red blotted bruises.

''P-Please don-'' I started to say before he held up his hand, Silencing me.

''We will discuss this after your wounds are tended to'' He muttered, His accent making me take a while to understand what he said.

I nodded shakily, My head dipping slightly as I tried to hide my nervous face from his view.

''Hold still now kind'' He ordered, Pulling a white container out of the med kit.

I glanced at the gym exit, Considering bolting for it as he was no longer holding my arm.

Before I could sadly, His gloved hand was back to holding my arm lightly.

He opened the jar, The strong smell of mint coming from the clearish colored jell inside.

The bruises splattering my arm were starting to heat up with pain, Even with how gently Emory had wiped the makeup off it still caused more pain.

I nervously watched as he took some of the jell and applied it to my arm, I had been wondering what it was at first, However as soon as it touched my skin I understood.

The cool minty like numbing from the jell soothed the pain from my arm.

Wonder if I put that on my head if my headache would ebb. . .

Said headache was starting to make me feel sick with the spiking in it, The Asprin fully worn off by now.

I could feel my shoulders un-tense slightly as he finished putting the jell on the bruises on my arm.

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, He took one of his gloves off, Putting it in the first aid kit with the jar.

Oh, He had changed one of them out for a surgical one. . .

The room started to feel tenser as there was nothing to distract him anymore, Leaving him to turn even more attention to me. . .

He silently sat down next to me on the bench, Not saying a word as he put his glove back on.

I found myself glancing over at his hand as he was putting his glove on.

He had scars across the back of his hand and even on his fingers, It looked like he had dunked his hand in a pile of glass shards.

I snapped my gaze away from him as he glanced at me, Not wanting to be caught staring.

What if he noticed me? What if he gets mad?

''Your name is Aspen, Correct?'' He asked, His voice making my whole body tense up.

He seemed like he was trying to remain calm and patient, That was never a good sign. . .

''Y-Yeah. . .'' I squeaked out quietly, Unsure about why he was asking me this.

He hummed quietly in thought for a moment before lightly resting his hand on my shoulder.

I was already tense enough that I couldn't become further so, I did however keep my eyes locked onto the gloved thing nervously.

''How old are you?'' He asked, His voice still that frightening calm peaceful tone.

I-Is he angry? Annoyed? Happy?

I was feeling so nervous as I could not figure out his mood by his voice.

''U-Um, S-Seventeen. . .'' I squeaked out, My hands nervously holding onto my shirt edge tightly.

''Have you met your soulmates yet?'' He asked, His accent showing a bit further as he said 'soulmates'.

''U-Um, One of them, Yeah. . .'' I muttered, Confused but at least he wasn't seemingly interested in the bruises.

Maybe he just thinks I got them while playing. . .

I felt the slightest bit calmer with that thought, At least I didn't have to worry about breaking my family.

''How is your school year going?'' He asked, Seemingly just asking random things.

''P-Pretty good. . .'' I answered, Starting to calm down further as he seemed to just be casually talking with me.

He gave me a small thin looking smile before he moved his hand off my shoulder, I tensed up as he reached up for my face.

I don't know what I expected him to do, But gently brushing some of my hair away from my eyes was not it.

I stared at him in surprise as he gently ruffled my hair, 'Huh süß. . .'' He muttered under his breath, His face looking a bit more grim.

''W-What?'' I asked, Confused at what he had said, But no longer too nervous to ask what he said.

He stared at me silently for a moment before moving his hand back to my shoulder.

I could tell I was still tense, But thankfully not as much as I was before.

He sighed before giving my shoulder a small, Light squeeze.

''So, Who did this to you?'' He asked, Catching me off guard with the sudden change in questions.

I stared at him silently, My heart dropping as he stared right back at me, Unmoving and unfazed.

Oh. . .

Oh no. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Emory's distraction tactic almost worked, Any guesses on what he's going to try and do next?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen