Chapter 64:

Late chapter. . .But one full of surprises. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------

I spent a long while just standing there and running over the words Dimitri had said, Over and over again in my mind.

My thoughts were no closer to settling when Emory, Samuel and Andre made their way out to us.

Samuel moved to rest his hand on Dimitri's side as Andre leaned against the scarred man.

They seemed to trust each other. . .And going off of looks they were giving Dimitri, Checking if he was alright, They seemed to care a whole lot about him to.

Glancing up at Emory, I jumped slightly when I realized he was a lot closer to me then I thought he was.

As I stumbled away from him, He reached out, Catching me around my waist right as my foot slipped slightly on one of the sticks that littered the ground.

I clung onto him as he held me until I got my feet back under myself.

''Thanks. . .'' I whispered sheepishly, My voice barely above a whisper as Emory moved to stand beside me, Warmth radiating off of him.

It was cold out. . .However, I hadn't noticed that until Emory was beside me, Providing warmth.

That could in a way be a metaphor for relationships too. . .Never notice you're in a bad one until you see, Hear or are exposed to a good one. . .

I had been stuck in my own thoughts for far too long.

Emory tightened his hold on my waist, Catching my attention with the quiet utterance of my name.

''We can go home now'' He informed me, Not telling me we had to, But letting me know that if I still wanted to leave he'd take me away.

I nodded slightly, Leaning into his touch.

He was warm in a comforting way.

I hadn't expected it to be this cold out. . .

''The sun's starting to set, We all better get inside'' Andre called out to us, Drawing both of our attentions back to the three men.

Samuel was holding onto Dimitri's hand, Hugging the slightly taller man against him in a seemingly comforting way.

Seeing the three men before us. . .I felt like I was intruding on the gentle relationship they were showing.

''Could we. . .Go home please?'' I asked Emory hesitantly, Leaning closer to him as we started to make our way as a group towards the house.

Dimitri was whistling to the cows, Coaxing them to follow us back towards the house and in turn the barn.

Emory tightened his hold on me before turning his attention to Samuel, Giving an excuse for us to leave.

I was starting to blank a bit, My mind wandering as I watched the darkening sky above.

Tired. . .So tired. . .I've had one too many things to think about today. . .

Willingly, I followed Emory back to the car, Some of the tension leaving me as the doors were closed, The outside world locked away.

Neither of us said a word to each other as Emory drove us back to his place.

My eyes felt heavy and slowly, I started to drift towards sleep.

It was warm in here, Warm and cozy.

Soon enough, I was fast asleep.

--- Emory Pov ---

I stared silently at the road in front of me, Taking the longest route I could to get back home.

Aspen was sleeping with his face pressed up against the car window, Which was why I was being careful to make this car ride as long as possible.

I had a feeling that he'd wake up once we got home and not go back to sleep any time soon.

He needs his sleep. . .I'll make sure he gets to sleep as long as he can. . .

So far from what I could understand, He had gotten the short end of the stick through his life. . .

He had a mother who couldn't cope with him and everything else in life. . .He had a piece of shit abusive father. . .And to top it all off, A soulmate who needed to learn more than a few lessons on how to not be a terrible shit of a person.

In my spare time, I was going to do my best to deliver some of those lessons if I could.

Risking a glance over at the mousey brown haired boy, I found a tiny smile form on my face.

He was starting to look a lot better, With food, Rest and a safe home life, He didn't look so sickly and un-healthy.

There still were things I needed to work on with him though. . .Most notably, His assumption that he's always the one at fault in every situation.

When the car started to roll up on a stop light I decided that I didn't want to wait at it.

Before reaching it, I turned down a long winding country road that would take a long time to reach anywhere near our house.

This should add a bit more time. . .

--- Daniel Pov ---

'''Danny darling! Why won't you turn on the video call?''' A raspy female voice asked through my phone as I was changing my shirt.

When I wasn't out in public I tended to wear more colors other than pastel shades.

''I told you auntie, I'm changing right now'' I sighed out, Slipping my shirt on over my head right as my aunt started to quietly 'tut'.

'''What was that tone you just took? You better not have sighed at me''' She scolded in her bright and happy voice.

''Of course not auntie, I'm very sorry that my tone led to think otherwise'' I apologized instantly, Making sure my outfit was as presentable as possible before turning on the video call.

As soon as my aunt's eyes landed on my she frowned slightly.

'''Daniel what is with that expression? Why no smile? Are you not happy to see me?''' Auntie scolded, Berating me before I could even get a word in.

'''You're turning out just like your mother! After all I've done for you when she was taken away, This is how you greet me?''' She continued before falling quiet, Waiting for me to answer her.

Smiling, I inclined my head slightly.

''Sorry Auntie, I didn't mean to be rude to you'' I Apologized, My smile firmly in place.

------------------------------------------------------------

Mmmmm. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen