Chapter 12: 'Home'

And a hecking late chapter. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

The sky was cloudy when school finally let out.

The officers had to leave after lunch time was over, Something about needing to return to the station to deal with some issues.

Oddly enough Emory had paused by me before leaving, That normally wouldn't set off to many alarm bells for me, Lots of people don't notice me.

However for some odd reason he felt for some reason or another that he should tell me that they were returning to the school tomorrow as well, To teach the next class up self defense.

Apparently this whole week their going to be working through teaching the different classes one self defense move each.

Maybe he just was telling me so I wouldn't run into him during that time. . .

I glanced out at the street, Making sure it was clear before using the cross walk to get to the other side.

I mean, I wouldn't want to be around me either. . . I'm boring and useless. . .

I felt a knot form in my throat as I kept walking home, My eyes trained on the sidewalk below.

Just a waste of space. . .

I swallowed down the tight feeling in my throat as I heard voices from up ahead.

I lowered my head, Picking up my pace slightly as I started to pass them.

Just as I thought I was in the clear, A hand grabbed onto my shoulder.

I let out a tiny squeak of surprise as the person who grabbed me shoved me down a dead end allyway next to us.

I swallowed back further noises as the boy who caught me pushed me into the brick wall.

''Channing? What are you doing with the pest?'' A voice asked from the small gaggle of kids.

I didn't dare raise my eyes to even see who was speaking about me.

My heart was pounding away as I felt Channing push into my shoulder, Making a small whimper of pain escape me.

''Oh just gonna have a little talk with him, Give him the attention he's been begging for so much'' Channing called back, His choice of words making some of the kids chuckle.

''Little attention whore'' One of the kids supplied before the first one spoke again.

''Alright, Just try not to let it get you too messy M'kay? He's not worth messing up your hair or clothes over'' The mystery boy said, Some of the other kids verbally agreeing with him as from the sound of it, They walked off.

I slowly and nervously raised my eyes to look at Channing, Trying to figure out his mood by his expression.

Pissed.

That was what his frightening mood was.

I shrunk in on myself slightly, Trying to become smaller than the equally sized boy.

''Listen here you little shit.'' He hissed out, His hand moving to grab onto my neck.

I let out a choked sound as I reached my hands up, Desperately trying to pull his hands off my neck as they started to tighten.

''How much. Of an attention whore can you be?'' He hissed out coldly to me, Leaning in so his face was mere inches from mine.

''W-What?'' I squeaked out, Confused and frightened as my heartbeat picked up further.

''W-What?'' He mocked before letting me go, Pushing into my throat slightly making me choke as he moved back.

''Oh don't bother trying to tell me you weren't trying to get everyone's attention'' He hissed out.

''I wasn't-'' I managed to squeak out before he interrupted me.

''Ooooof course you didn't. Of course a waste of space wouldn't see the massive attention whore signs their putting off.'' He snarled out, A sneer appearing on his face.

''B-But I wasn-'' I tried to explain before he cut me off yet again.

''Such a shame you woke up this morning.'' He hissed out before turning around and heading out of the allyway.

Sighing, I slid down the wall, Sitting down with my knees pulled up to my chest as I buried my face in my crossed arms.

. . . I hate life so much. . . Why can't I just up and die?

I frowned at that though and shook my head slightly, Clearing it.

Oh stop it, So many people have worse lives than you, . . . 'Attention whore'. . .

Sighing, I got to my feet, Rubbing slightly at my sore neck as I started to head 'home'.

--- Time skip ---

I had been walking for a while when a loud earth shaking rumble came from the dark grey sky above.

I could feel my shoulders relax slightly as another loud rumble came from the sky above, A visible sheet of rain falling from the sky.

Closing my eyes, I tilted my head down slightly as the cold rain started to soak my dull mousy brown hair.

A peaceful sigh escaped me even as my body shivered slightly from the cold rain soaking through my thin clothes and into my skin.

This is nice. . .

The sound of the rain pounding onto the sidewalk and roofs all around me made my racing heartbeat slow.

As the tension left me I realized how raw my emotions felt.

The drought sucked but. . . It's raining right now, Even a waste of space can be made better by the rain. . . If only for a short while. . .

With that in mind, I opened my eyes and continued heading home, Very slowly.

Just enjoying my small reprieve between the hurt emotions at school and the hurt body at home.

--- Time skip ---

Sadly, Like all good things, Even my little relaxing bliss ended far too quickly.

With one final sigh, I approached the steps to my 'home'.

Dread was returning to settle in my heart as I heard faint yelling through the door.

You know. . . Maybe Channing was right. . . Maybe I shouldn't have woken up this morning. . .

------------------------------------------------------

Alllright, The bad thoughts are starting to get worse for Aspen. . . Any guesses why Channing is so obsessed with hating Aspen?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen