Chapter 79:

Starting off with Emory's Pov!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly, I caught my breath, Coming down from my orgasm as my little Aspen went lax in my arms, A small little blissed out sigh leaving him.

Opening my eyes, I looked down towards Aspen, About to ask if he was alright.

He was already drifting off to sleep, Seemingly unafraid of letting his guard down around me.

A small, Pleased smile curved my lips as I gently scooped him up from the bed, Being as cautious as I could so as to not wake my now sleeping soulmate.

I very much wanted to lay back down with him and join him in sleep, But as it was, We were both a mess, Semen and lube already drying on both of us.

Mostly just on him, But still.

Carefully, I carried Aspen into the connected bathroom, Setting the sleeping boy down in the bathtub.

Gently, I cradled his head, Holding it up while the tub started to fill with warm water and bubbles from the bath bomb thing I had bought not long after Aspen moved in.

The sweet boy let out a small sigh as he remained sleeping, Some of the tension leaving his body.

A small, Pleased smile formed on my face as I set about gently cleaning him off with a soft wash cloth.

He's trusting me more. . .That's very good to see

Once I had finished washing him off, I gently scooped him out of the tub, Wrapping him in a warm towel while doing so.

I was about to start carrying him back to the bedroom when he stirred slightly, Curling closer to me, Resting his head on my chest.

Letting out a small, Peaceful sigh, I gently placed a kiss on his forehead before carrying him to our bed, Holding him close as I laid down under the covers.

I was tired but not tired enough yet to fall asleep, So, I distracted myself with gently seeking out all the little and not so little scars that coated my poor soulmate's body.

My blood was quietly boiling under my skin as I lightly traced a few of the jagged, Pale lines that marred his skin.

At least he's no longer flinching as much. . .That's at least something. . .

Gently, I tugged him closer so I could cuddle him, Moving my arm so he could rest his head on it, Like a pillow.

Some of the tension was leaving me as my little mousy haired soulmate snuggled closer, My heart softening.

Closing my eyes, I rested my head on top of his, Wrapping my arms around him in a sleepy hug.

Here's hoping my parents will not damage what progress we have made. . .

I had gotten a text earlier today while at work that apparently, Not only had my parents gotten word of my soulmate but they were also in town.

They, According to my uncles, Are very concerned that I haven't introduced them to him yet.

I had a feeling they'd be ambushing me soon to ensure everything was okay. 

There is a high chance they might make things stressful for a bit. . .Heaven only knows how upset they'll be when they first see how skittish and distrustful he is.

Best not to think about any of that currently. . .I have my Aspen here with me, That's all that matters right now.

--- Daniel Pov ---

Channing Wolf. . .Amber hair. . .Dark blue eyes. . .

Carefully, I removed the teabag from my tea, Blowing on the slowly steaming drink.

Emory Miller. . .Black hair. . .Brownish red eyes. . .

Moonlight slowly filtered in through the thin curtains covering my windows.

Aspen Fir. . .Greyish brown hair. . .Blue eyes?

Frowning slightly, I took a sip, Wincing as the clearly still hot drink burned my mouth and throat as I swallowed.

Yes, I remember. . .Blue eyes. . .That's not wrong. . .

My gaze drifted over to the Soulmarks decorating the back of my right hand.

Scented mayweed, A curled up cat and a small poppy flower decorated my skin, All three of the marks were a dull, Greyscale version of what they would become.

Daniel Camp. . .Blonde hair. . .Eye colored eyes. . .Oh

Sighing, I slowly got up, Leaving my cup at the table as I headed for the bathroom.

Ever since the accident all those years ago, My memory was faulty.

Don't get me wrong, It's gotten much better since the car accident. . .But it still tends to forget people. . .Myself included sometimes. . .

Turning on the light in the bathroom, I took a look at myself in the mirror.

Blue eyes.

Considering how amazing it was that I even survived in the first place, I guess I can't complain that SOMETHING was wrong with me still.

Don't be ungrateful. . .

Forcing a smile back in place, I returned to my cooling tea.

My face hurts. . .Happy hurt I guess. . .

I had a little nighttime tradition that I would do in an attempt to try and remember those important to me, It usually was very effective.

Here's hoping it works better this time. . .

Sitting down, I took a slow sip of the chamomile tea I had poured, It was still hot enough to burn the back of my throat.

Emory is not from America. . .He lives with Aspen. . .He is with the police force. . .

Finishing off my tea, I carried the cup over to the sink to rinse it out.

Channing. . .Easily believes those who have more power than himself. . .He constantly seeks validation and attention. . .He doesn't really know what to do with attention he's given though. . .

Setting the cup in the dishwasher, I made my way upstairs.

Aspen is. . .Troubled. . .Fragile. . .Something's wrong but I don't know what. . .

Shaking my way to dispel those thoughts, I went about the rest of my nightly routine, Brushing my teeth, Changing my clothes, Double checking to make sure there were no emergencies to attend to before finally settling down under the covers and staring up at the ceiling, Wondering why all of a sudden I have a burst of energy.

I should really stop thinking so much before bed. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

:) The snowstorm has let up enough for me to work

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen