Chapter 87: Friends

Back to Aspen's Pov. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

I was fitting in pretty with the other kids at school, I wasn't popular or anything, But I had a group of friends now, Not just one. . .No one was bullying me either, So that was shocking but nice.

One of my new friends, Violet, Had invited our whole friend group over to her house to have a sleep over.

Emory seemed happy that I had managed to make friends, Perfectly okay with driving me there, Before he dropped me off at my friend's house though, He had given me a phone so I could contact him if anything goes wrong.

My friends and I were having a great time, We made cookies together. . .All of us getting sick thanks to how much of the cookie dough we ate, We played video games and had snacks and soda, Her foster mom even found some funny movies for us to watch.

I was having a good time. . .Until I got a call from Emory.

Apparently, Something bad had happened to Channing, Emory had called to make sure it was okay with me to bring him over to our house.

I didn't really want him in our home, He's been mean to me for years now, He's made my time spent at school almost as bad as it was at what used to be my home.

But. . .Despite the fact that my stomach turned at the thought of him staying in a place I feel comfortable and safe in, I said okay, Said I was fine with him staying over.

He needed help. . .It'd be cruel of me to say I wasn't okay with that. . .Besides, It's not my place to deny him somewhere safe. . .

 My mood afterwards had been a bit lowered, Something my friends caught onto pretty quickly.

After a while, My friends managed to cheer me back up, So much so that I even managed to forget that Channing was staying at the place I considered home.

At least. . .Until it was time to head back home.

The original plan was for Violet's mom to drop us all off at school so our respective guardians and or significant others -Two of my friends are dating and tend to spend all their free time with their soulmates- could pick us up and take us home.

That plan changed when another school a few towns over was a victim of an arson attack.

No one was hurt, But schools in our area decided to cancel school for the day just to be safe, Incase this wasn't a one off thing.

So. . .Violet convinced her foster mom to extend our sleepover until it would normally be time for us to leave school.

I had sent a message to Emory, Asking if I could stay over for longer.

He was happy to know I was okay and more than willing to let me stay and hang out with my friends.

Charlie and Kelly, The most upbeat people In the entire school, Managed to convince us all to play a game of truth or dare.

By the end of the game, I had been dared to: Race to and back from the end of the driveway in under one hundred seconds, Catch six spiders from the back garden, Do the ice bucket challenge and finally, Show the group a random photo on my phone.

At the end of the day, When the sun was starting to make it's descent from the sky, Emory's now very familiar car pulled to a stop outside Violet's house.

My heart skipped a beat as soon as I saw him, My stomach fluttering with happy butterflies.

I hadn't seen him in a while, A small part. . .A large part of me missed him.