Chapter 3: Blame

Late chapter, Yet again

--------------------------------------------------------

Daniel led me into my first class of the day, His excited grin never leaving his face.

Almost everyone's eyes turned to stare at us we entered, Their attention fully on Daniel.

''Hello students!'' He all but shouted cheerfully, His grin turning into a full beaming smile.

Everyone stared at him as if he just grew a third head, As they were distracted I snuck my way back to my seat. . . In the front of the class. . .

Silence filled the class as everyone just stared at the smiling man clothed in white.

''. . .''

''Who the fuck are you!?'' Someone in the back shouted.

''Mind your language'' Daniel lightly scolded before continuing, ''To answer your question, I am your new teacher, Daniel Camp'' He said happily.

I could see people out of the corner of my eyes, Glancing at each other in surprise.

''Well now, How about we all go around and interduce yourselves and tell each other a fun little fact about yourself!'' Daniel said cheerfully, His beaming smile growing bigger.

There was a audible groan from the class at that idea, Everyone knew he was for sure going to ask embarrassing questions.

Before he could even start someone opened the door slowly, Everyone turned their attention to Channing as he walked in meekly.

. . .What is he up to. . . Wait, Is he hurt?

I narrowed my eyes, Staring at his. . . bleeding arm.

''Holy starbursts! What happened?'' Daniel asked, Rushing over to Channing's side, Worriedly checking the fake crying boy's arm.

How did he get hurt. . . 

I was starting to feel worried for him by this point, My mind racing with all the things that could have happened to him.

Maybe he fell down the stairs! He could be really hurt!

I shifted quickly, Trying to get a better look at his wounds.

I moved far to quickly, Causing the scabs that had started to form over the cuts on my ribs to rip open, The bits that had dried to my hoodie tearing painfully away from my healing skin.

I winced slightly but caught myself before tears could slip past my eyes, Thankfully the pain wasn't all for nothing.

I could just make out the tell tale crescent shaped bleeding marks on his arm from where I was sitting.

Who would do that to him!?

''S-Someone was b-bullying me and h-hurt me'' Channing stuttered, Pouting as he did so.

Daniel helped Channing over to the teachers chair, Trying to grab the first aid kit on his desk all the while.

''Who did it?'' Daniel asked, Carefully putting band-aids on the bleeding nail marks.

As Daniel was distracted Channing turned and gave me a smug look before getting back into whole 'I'm hurt, Give me sympathy' act.

Oh no. . . What-

''Aspen did it'' Channing squeaked out, Fake fear in his voice.

I felt like time was slowing down as cold fear clung to my ribs, People turned to stare at me, Surprise and hate in their eyes.

Oooh hell. . .

The worst had to be Daniel however, He didn't look mad. . . More so. . . Disappointed.

I didn't know why, But the thought of him being disappointed in me hurt my heart much more then the hate directed at me from the other kids.

Daniel sighed and gently patted Channing on his shoulder, ''I'll take him to the principal's office'' Toby, The class president, Volunteered.

I opened my mouth, Wanting to defend myself, However I shut up at the disappointed look Daniel turned in my direction.

 I flinched slightly as Toby grabbed my arm, Dragging me off into the hallway.

As soon as we were out of the view of the classroom Toby let me go, I hissed and rubbed at my sore arm, The bruise Toby had accidently crushed were hurting.

''Sorry, You okay?'' Toby asked, Leaning on the wall and glancing around the corner, Standing guard.

I nodded slowly, ''It wasn't me. . .'' I whispered, Hoping beyond hope that at least someone would believe me.

''I know'' Toby said simply, At my shocked expression he continued, ''Firstly, I've seen you say sorry to a chair for bumping into it, I don't think you can hurt anything. Secondly, You have very short nails'' He pointed out.

I pulled my hands out of my hoodie pocket, Glancing down at my fingers.

I never had even remotely long nails, I always got nervous and tore them off as soon as they grew out.

''C'mon, We better get you out of here. . .I'm sure Daniel has reported this by now. . .'' Toby said, Before he could lead me away his phone dinged.

He paused and glanced from his phone to me, I gave him a small smile.

''I can find my way out. . .'' I whispered quietly, He gave me a grateful look before picking up the call with 'Hello sweetie'.

Must be his girlfriend. . .

I slowly made my way out of school, My eyes trained on my feet as I walked.

Both Toby and his girlfriend were very nice, They even were the first ones I came out to.

A small wiry smile formed on my face at that memory, Karen had become so over protective when she found that out.

The first time a boyfriend hurt me it took both Toby and I to keep her from hunting him down and maiming him.

I asked her once why she was so protective of me, To quote her 'Most girls are aware of how Vile most men are, You aren't so it is my duty to protect you'.

Sadly her dad got a job in another state on the other side of the country, They moved and that was the last I had seen her.

Toby is almost always either busy with class president duties or keeping up with Karen, And so with a single action I lost my only friends.

I could swear I could feel tears forming behind my eyes.

Don't be so selfish, They have lives too, The world doesn't revolve around you idiot.

I sighed and forced my tears back, It didn't matter anyways, They had important lives to live, I just had to take up oxygen until I finally die. . .

Yay. . . At least it's simple enough for a idiot to do. . .

 I sighed and shook my head, Forcing myself to concentrate, I  had to find some place to hide out at until school was over and I could head back to hell. . . I mean home.

With that in mind I made my way down the sidewalk, My eyes training on my shoes again as I walked, Doing my best not to think in general.

Why can't I just turn into a tree or something? That'd be so much easier. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, So Channing is a lying asshole and Daniel is a idiot any guesses on what'll happen?

Anyways! Like always have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen