Act 2, Chapter 7: Questions

Two Povs in this chapter~

Maybe this is an apology for the fact I've been too busy to write lately. . .

Hm. . .Well-

---------------------------------------------------------------

Methodically, I was wrapped up in a fluffy and soft bath robe and ushered off to the bed I was so used to sharing with Emory.

He's probably used to sharing it with Channing now. . .

Some of the relaxed and squirmy, Fluffy feelings inside me were already fading away as I was herded closer towards the soft bed he and I had shared for many nights.

Wonder when Channing will join him. . .

A twisting, Sick, Sad feeling squeezed at my insides as I hesitantly climbed into the bed, The covers being tucked in around me as Emory laid down as well after rummaging around in the bedside table for a moment.

''Show me your arm'' He murmured quietly as whatever he was holding let out a quiet little clink noise from somewhere behind me.

Swallowing thickly, I offered the man behind me my arm hesitantly, Concerned that he was going to say something about how said arm looked.

Instead, Much to my surprise, Emory put a fuzzy. Handcuff. On my wrist.

My thoughts just. . .Ceased to exist at that.

All I could do was watch as Emory locked the non- fuzzy side of these very strange cuffs to the headboard of the bed, The very very unusually long chain, Allowing me to lower my arm so it wasn't stretched above my head.

''What-'' I whispered quietly to myself as Emory gently pulled me closer.

''You are not to go any where with out an escort of some form until you get a clear pass from a doctor.'' Emory explained firmly, Tucking me close to his body, Resting his head on top of my fluffy, Wet mop of hair.

''. . .And a hair cut'' He tacked on after a moment of shocked silence from me.

A small noise left me at that, The surprise of that last sentence getting rid of a bit of the nervousness that's been tying me up in knots for a while now.

I felt a gentle kiss be placed on my forehead by the man, Finally forcing a quiet question to escape me.

''Why are you doing all of this. . .I-I left you. . .Why. . .Why do you still care?'' I questioned quietly, Hiding my face against his chest.

Emory was quiet for a moment before he moved his arms to rest heavily around my waist.

''Why did you leave me'' He questioned back, Surprising me. . .Yet again.

The nerves from before were returning full force, Causing me to fidget slightly as I tried to push away from his embrace, Wanting to avoid this new conversation all of a sudden.

But. . .There was no escaping the other man. . .Not anymore. . .And there was no escaping the question biting at the back of my mind.

Why did I leave him? Why did I ever think that was a good idea?

''I saw you with Channing. . .I-. . .I realized I. . .I was the reason- I was the one stopping you and- and Channing and Daniel from being together. . .I- I thought you'd want to be able to be with your other soulmates too. . .'' I explained quietly, My voice trailing off until I was barely speaking the last bit at a whisper.

Emory was silent.

He didn't say a single word to that.

And my heart broke slightly with each second that passed.

--- Pov. . .Channing ---

  Sighing, I stared out the limo's window, My face propped up on my elbow as I watched the familiar streets and buildings passing by.

I was finally back in my home town once again.

After we had moved to a new home while our old one was being fixed, I ended up having an. . .Itsy bitsy breakdown. . .In which I revealed what had happened to me on our little school trip.

Turns out the man was a disgruntled former employee of my father's and had thought that was a perfectly reasonable way of getting revenge against a man who fired him for almost killing a co-worker.

Needless to say, These past few months I've been in daily therapy sessions with my own personal doctor who was on call twenty four seven.

A soft ringing sound drew my attention towards the screen built into a part of the limo I couldn't be bothered to know the name of.

My parents are calling. . .

They had disapproved greatly of me returning to my hometown, worried I wouldn't be able to handle it.

But, My therapist had convinced them to let me be, Deciding a bit of time and hopefully closure with my soulmates will help me feel better.

Sighing, I picked up the phone call, Smiling as the concerned face of my mom popped up on screen.

'''Oh sweetie, Have you made it into town yet? How are you feeling?''' She questioned worriedly, Leaning close to the camera, Her face taking up the entire screen.

''Hello Mom, Nice to see you, How are you? I myself am fine'' I retorted, A smile blooming on my face as she rolled her eyes in fond exasperation.

'''Sarcastic child. I assume you're in good spirits?''' She questioned, Seeming a bit calmer now, Sitting back and allowing me to more or less see the room she was in.

''Yeah, I can't wait until I get to see my soulmates again. . .I. . .Am curious to see. . .How they're doing! What's changed with them!'' I explained, Slowly speaking out my feelings like I've been told and slightly taught how to do.

Mom smiled fondly before nodding slightly.

'''Be sure to let your fathers and I know how things go okay? Don't push yourself too far, Kisses!''' Mom cooed out, Making kissing noises at me as I quickly hung up the call, Embarrassed.

Sighing yet again, I turned my attention back towards the driver.

''How much longer until we arrive at Emory's home?'' I questioned, Turning my attention back towards the buildings flying past, Some still with damage showing on them but many others having patches that looked different and or newer than the rest of the building.

''About another hour or so sir'' The man, Alexander, Answered with the politest voice imaginable.

Nodding silently, I settled back down in my seat, Quietly clicking through a tiny device that I had been assembling and disassembling for the past hour or so.

Wonder how much everyone has changed. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:) Channing got therapy! Ain't that something.

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen