Chapter 51: School

Channing Pov. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

The weekend was over, I had spent much of it locked in my room studying, Beep bop having been taken away by my father after he found out I had used it to sneak out and skip his plans for my Saturday.

I felt really bad about that, Father had made Dad turn off my sweet little AI orb to make sure I wouldn't find it and escape with it again.

Poor little Beep bop. . .Not existing until Father's done being upset with me. . .

I didn't even have time to plead with Dad to at least leave Beep bop on, He had been too busy with the robot he was working on to even notice me trying to talk with him.

Scowling, I glared out the open window of the car the butler was driving me to school in today.

I could see classmates on the bus and other ones being driven to school by their parents or walking there with friends.

Sighing, I rolled up the window, Dimming the outside world just enough that I could ignore it.

Looking up towards the butler driving me, I studied his appearance.

He was a new butler, My Father made a point of changing out our staff whenever they get close to me.

To quote Father, 'You should be working on your future. Not making friends with people who'll only matter in the moment'.

It's a wonder my Dad and Mom had managed to convince him to send me to public school.

The driver today was a dark ashy grey haired man with smile lines around his mouth and at the edges of his eyes.

He was an older man, But not elderly.

The name tag on his suit jacket dubbed him 'Andrew'.

I briefly considered striking up a conversation with him, From our brief interactions this morning, He seemed like a nice person.

With that in mind, I kept my mouth shut and ignored him.

I didn't want to cost him his job by trying to make friends with him. . .

As soon as he opened the car door, I was instantly walking towards the school entrance, Ignoring the butler as he paused to say something to me.

Stepping into the familiar chaotic halls, I felt a sense of pride fill me as the nearby kids quieted down a bit, Their eyes on me as I walked to my locker.

Here, I was a god among men.

However, There were a few stains on my kingdom, One of them happened to be waiting right outside of my locker.

I scowled at Toby as he moved aside just enough for me to reach my locker.

''The hell do you want.'' I growled out to him as I un-locked my locker, Putting away my lunch inside it.

I had no clue what the maid packed for me today, But it would most likely be some sort of exotic food that barely fills me up and tastes like bark or some shit like that.

''Daniel wanted you to head to class as soon as you arrived, I think he needs help setting up for the field trip today'' He informed me, A small smug smirk on his face.

''Isn't that supposed to be. . .I don't know, Your. Job.?'' I growled out, Closing my locker door roughly.

As class president, It was Toby's job to help the teachers out when they ask for help with something school related.

''It is. . .However. . .I mentioned to him how much you just love spending time with him and well, Long story short, You're his little helper today'' Toby said smugly before turning away, Waving to me as he walked off.

''Oh! And don't break anything!'' He shouted back once he was halfway down the hallway, Causing the other kids who had been un-aware of our conversation to turn around and stare.

Scowling, I glared at each kid until the eventually meekly looked away from me.

With narrowed eyes, I stormed off to our classroom, Already in a bad mood.

I wasn't stupid, I knew Toby was doing this because I didn't get along with Aspen.

He always subtly found ways to make life harder for those who hurt others or made a habit of constantly picking on others.

Sometimes he'd convince a teacher to keep said kid behind in class during recess for help setting up the classroom, Other times he'd just somehow find a way to make sure that said kid gets the worst partners or assignments in class.

He was hellishly smart.

I had tried many times to ensnare him in his plans, But he always found a way to turn it back on me.

Making my way to the classroom, I poked my head inside, My eyes scanning the room briefly before landing on the pale white clad man inside.

As creepy as his clothing choice might seem, He actually had a reason behind it.

He wore white or very light pastel clothes in an attempt to make himself look less pale.

He was borderline an albino, His pale blonde almost white hair and almost deathly looking pale skin should have been a good clue to that.

He wore white clothes in an attempt to make his skin look more normal.

''Oh! Channing! Come in come in!'' Daniel said cheerfully, A smile on his face as he noticed me.

A small feeling of peace formed in my chest at his familiar joy.

''You needed my help?'' I questioned as I approached him, Standing beside him.

''Yes I do! Will you please put these papers on everyone's desks for me?'' Daniel asked cheerfully, Handing me a somewhat hefty pile of papers.

I held back a grumble as I carried the stack from desk to desk, Scowling as I placed the carefully stapled together packets of papers on each desk.

Looks like we were going to be going to the zoo today. . .

Yay.

What, Does he think we're all fucking ten or something?

It took me a good few seconds to finish my task, However, Considering the fact I was hurrying, It made sense it didn't take that long.

Can't have anyone seeing me doing shit like this. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:T

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen