Chapter 2: School

So, We meet Channing (And maybe even Daniel) in this chapter. . . Brace yourselves. . .

--------------------------------------------------

 I ducked my head as I heard my dad come down from his room, His footsteps were heavy as he walked past me.

'Sproinggg'

I glanced up and carefully took the burning hot slices of toast out of the toaster, Setting them on a plate so I could butter them and put some jam on them.

I waited with my head down until my dad headed into the bathroom, I grabbed the plate and hurried up the stairs to my parents room.

I carefully pushed the partly opened door, Nervously creeping into the messed up room.

Pillows and books were scattered on the floor from some sort of fight, I carefully stepped over a broken lamp, My eyes trained on the shards amongst the carpet.

I'm going to have to clean that up. . .

Soon I made it to the bed, And more importantly the shuddering form hidden under blankets on the bed.

I sat down carefully on the edge, Quiet hiccupped sobs could be heard from the woman under said blankets.

I reached out and timidly tapped her shoulder, She flinched away under the blankets, Refusing to come out.

I sighed and set the cooling breakfast on the side table, ''I'm heading to school'' I whispered quietly to her before getting up and making my way back out of their room.

I heard the blankets rustle slightly, Glancing back I could see her hand retreat back into the safety of the blankets with the plate.

I sighed pausing at the shattered pieces of glass on the floor, I paused a moment before quickly scooping up the sharp shards with my bare hands.

The sting as some of the shards dug into my hands helped me compose myself enough to head downstairs.

I kept my head down as I hurried to the trash can to throw away the shards.

I could feel my dad's cold gaze on me the whole time, ''Oi. Boy. Shouldn't you be at school?'' He demanded.

Shouldn't you be at work?

I just nodded my head curtly, Saying anything could risk making him mad after all. . .

''Heh, Waste of space and money. . . Why do we even send you there? It's not like someone like you could get a job anyways'' He muttered scornfully.

I kept my head down, My eyes searching the floor for my backpack.

''Ya couldn't even keep a job for a week!'' He said, Laughing slightly at the end.

I just nodded, Spotting my backpack at last.

He chuckled,  Shaking his head as he walked to the front door.

''Ah, You're useless'' He said happily, Heading out to his car.

. . . Yeah. . . I really am. . .

Sighing I slung my backpack over my shoulder and headed out the door.

Can't even keep a simple job. . . Useless as they come. . .

I sighed, weakly kicking a stone as I walked down the street.

--- Time skip ---

I kept my head down as I wove through the crowded halls, My hoodie's hood was pulled up to hide the people from my sight.