Chapter 91: Touches

:) 

-------------------------------------------------------

Emory gently led me up the stairs and into the bedroom we shared, He still seemed upset though, Which made me squirm uneasily.

It's fine. . .This'll be fine. . .Just gotta act like before and then maybe everything will go back to normal. . .

Both Emory and I set about changing and getting ready for bed, Neither of us saying anything to the other as we did so.

 As soon as I was done, I crawled into bed, Curling up and pulling the blankets up to my chin, Tired and just wanting this day to be over.

Oddly enough, Emory didn't join me in bed. . .Instead, He left the bedroom, Closing the door behind him as he did so.

He's mad at me still. . .That's probably why he's leaving. . .

After all the emotional ups and down from today. . .I was too drained to really have anything other than a sad, Apathetic response to that.

Guess I'm not good enough. . .

A small shiver drew me partly back to the present. . .I was still cold from my walk halfway back to Emory's house, My body having now warmed up enough that I was actually shivering again.

Isn't that a bad sign?. . .Who knows. . .I'm just an idiot. . .What do I know. . .

A small, Quiet sneeze left me right as Emory returned, Holding a small pile of blankets, Including the fluffy green one.

''Bless you'' He murmured, Gently adding the blankets to the ones I was already shivering under before joining me under the covers.

''I. . .I thought. . .I thought you didn't want to sleep with me'' I muttered quietly, The upper half of my face just barely poking above the blankets enough for me to see him.

''What made you think that?'' He questioned, His tone gentle as he pulled me into an embrace.

He was so warm. . .

Closing my eyes, I just let out a quiet humming sound in response to his question.

 I felt so tired. . .After all the tears, All the distress and fear from today. . .I was exhausted.

Unfortunately, My attempt at sleep was stopped by Emory gently pressing his hands to my face, Then my arms. . .His hands as hot as fire.

Stopping me from drifting off to sleep.

''Huh?'' I murmured quietly, Confused why he wasn't letting me sleep.

Why can't this day just end?. . .I just want this to be done so things can go back to normal. . .

I leaned against him, Hoping he'd just let me sleep if I was quiet and didn't respond.

''You feel so cold'' He murmured quietly, Gently cupping my face with his very warm hands.

I closed my eyes, Trying to bury my face in his chest.

It was late. And this day has been so exhausting. . .

''Aspen'' Emory started to murmur, Concern evident in his voice before I wrapped my arms around him in a weak little hug.

''Please. . .I-I just want to sleep'' I whispered quietly against his shirt, Hoping and praying he'd just leave this be, Shivering faintly as I spoke.

He was quiet for a long moment before a small, Quiet sigh left him.

His arms wrapped around me before he proceeded to lift me up, Placing me down on his lap and holding me close against his body in a hug.

''Alright. . .Sweet dreams setzling'' He murmured quietly, Tugging the blankets over me again and holding me against his very warm body, Essentially wrapping me in a warm cocoon of blankets and arms.

I could faintly make out the sound of his heartbeat thudding away quietly in his chest from where I was laying on him.

''S-Sweet dreams'' I whispered back quietly, Doing my best to not shiver as Emory leaned over to turn off the light in the bedroom.

The room was dipped into darkness as Emory settled down underneath me, Holding me close.

I was tired enough that all I could do was drift off to sleep, Cocooned in his embrace.

--- Time skip ---

 Slowly, I started to stir slightly.

I could hear wind rushing loudly outside, Much louder than usual, Disrupting my sleep and making me wake.

What's going on?

Blinking away some of the sleep, I raised my head a bit, Looking around at my surroundings. 

I was surprised to find Emory still cuddling with me, Holding me on top of his chest as he continued to sleep.

One of his arms was looped over my waist, A heavy and intimate weight.

I was comfortable resting on him, A bit weary but comfortable.

Wonder why it's so windy outside. . .

I was too comfortable to get up and find out why though, So instead I laid my head back down against his slowly rising and falling chest, Trying to fall back asleep.

My movement must have woken Emory as a quiet grunt left him, His eyes slowly opening as I quickly shut mine, Pretending to be asleep.

He was silent and still for a moment before one of his hands drifted up to my head, Gently running his fingers through my hair in a soothing manner, Drawing a relaxed sigh out of me.

His other hand had moved to gently rest between my shoulder blades, Rubbing soothing circles against my skin.

A quiet yawn left him as he started to settle back down, Clearly about to drift off to sleep again.

I was starting to follow him towards dreams as well.

Before either of us could though, His phone let out a loud blaring alarm, Jarring what sounded like a swear from the man cuddling me.

I jumped slightly at the sound, Having started to relax as well.

''What in the-'' Emory grumbled out gruffly as he picked up his phone before falling silent, Drawing my attention to him.

A frown was firmly in place on his face as he read over something on his phone before he put it down and proceeded to gently move me off of his body.

''W-What's going on?'' I asked timidly, My voice wobbling slightly as he turned his attention to me.

''There is a strong storm headed this way. . .A few tornados have popped up a few counties over'' He explained grimly, Getting up out of bed as he spoke.

He headed towards the dresser and pulled out a shirt when the lights proceeded to flicker, Nearly going out.

What. . .

My heart stuttered slightly at that, Starting to feel uneasy

Emory let out a displeased hum before turning to me, Tugging on the button up as he did so.

''Come, It is time to head down to the basement'' He murmured, Helping me out of bed as I stumbled slightly, Very quickly starting to wake up now.

I've never liked storms that were worse than just a light drizzle. . .They always made me scared.

Sticking close to Emory's side, I followed him downstairs as the wind roared outside, The lights flickering and the windows rattling every now and then.

Are we going to die?

------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen