Chapter 48: Weekend

Channing Pov!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of my alarm clock woke me up in the early afternoon.

My room was pitch black thanks to the heavy shades covering my window, Keeping every ray of light out of my room.

Sighing, I rolled over onto my back, Placing my arm lazily over my eyes.

''Beep bop, Open my shades'' I called out into the seemingly empty room.

I heard the Ai let out a musical chime sound before the robotic whirring of the shades lifting up filled the silence of my room.

The blinding bright light of the morning sun made me groan in annoyance.

''Beep bop. Dim the sun.'' I grumbled out as I sat up, My eyes still closed.

'''Un-able to execute command''' The robotic sound of the house's Ai informed me.

Rolling my eyes, I got out of bed.

''That was sarcasm Beep bop'' I said over to the glowing sphere resting on my desk.

The lights briefly flashed at that.

'''Understood''' The robotic voice chimed out.

 Sighing, I got up out of bed, Moving over to the bathroom connected to my room.

Sure enough, Waiting for me was the clothing the maid had picked out for me today.

''Beep bop, What's the weather like today?'' I asked as I started to get un-dressed.

'''Today will be sunny with a high of forty eight and a low of thirty nine''' The sphere informed me from my bed room.

I frowned slightly at that, Glancing over at the clothes today's maid had selected for me.

They were summer clothes, Far too thin for the fall chill.

Sighing, I tossed them into a nearby hamper.

''Beep bop, Where are my fall clothes?'' I asked as I wrapped a towel around my waist to keep a small bit of dignity.

'''Your fall clothing is commonly kept in the left side of your closet''' The robotic voice explained.

I nodded slightly, Heading to the large doors that lead into a equally impressive sized walk in closet.

There were long walls of clothing lining each side.

I had no clue what to wear so I just grabbed a random shirt and some fashionably ripped jeans.

Heading back into the bathroom, I made sure to lightly pat the glowing sphere on my way.

It didn't do anything but I just liked treating the Ai like a pet sometimes.

--- Time skip ---

Heading downstairs after I had forced myself to get out of the nice and warm shower, I shivered ever so slightly at the chill in our massive house.

Holding Beep bop in my arms, I headed for the kitchen, Passing through the many rooms and past the even more windows on my way.

It was annoying sometimes that the indoor pool was closer to my room than the kitchen was.

Rich people problems I guess. . .

My parents didn't have the same problem, They slept in the main upstairs of the house, Not in the east wing of the house.

'''You have a message from your father, Do you wish to hear it? Yes or no''' Beep bop's robotic voice said suddenly.

''Yes'' I answered, Pausing to turn my full attention to Beep bop.

It's lights briefly turned white before my father's face appeared on the sphere shaped screen.

''Son. Do not forget your schedule for today. You have a piano recital at seven. Your mother, Father and I will be unable to attend'' My dad's monotone voice informed me before my mother's face briefly appeared on screen.

''We will be cheering you on though!'' She said happily before my dad pushed her out of view.

''I expect a perfect performance. That is all, Good luck son'' My dad said curtly before the call ended.

That is all son. . .Wouldn't kill him to actually show some love sometimes. . .

'''Do you wish to hear your schedule for the day?''' Beep bop asked at that point.

Sighing, I finally made it to the kitchen, The food today's maid had prepared was already cooling on the table, No people anywhere in sight.

Sitting down in the painfully quiet kitchen, I poked slightly at my food, Beep bop resting on the table next to me.

This is how I live, Seeing anyone outside of school is a rarity for me, Always has been since I was a toddler.

The only exceptions were when I would sneak off to spend time with Aspen.

My mom had been kind enough to 'accidently lose sight of me' so I could spend a bit of time with someone I had thought was my friend.

The scrambled eggs I was eating tasted bitter at that thought.

Setting down my fork, I stared at my still mostly full plate, No longer really feeling hungry anymore.

Reaching my hand up, I dragged my fingers through my hair before rubbing at my eyes.

''Beep bop, What all do I have to do today?'' I asked quietly as I pushed my plate away, Crossing my arms on the table and resting my head on top of my arms.

I absently traced patterns on my skin as I waited for the Ai to finish loading the list.

'''You have missed your foreign language lessons.  You have piano practice at one o'clock.  At two you have your math tutor.  At three you have religion studies.  At four you have driving lessons until six.  At six you have your history tutor.  At seven you have the recital.  At eight you have piano lessons until nine.  At nine you are to go to bed''' Beep bop recited, The list my father made for me less packed then normal.

 I was rarely allowed free time of any sort, If I wasn't at school, I was being tutored at home.

Not a single minuet of my time was ever un-planned.

Not a single minuet of it was ever for what I wanted to do.

Picking up Beep bop, I let out a tired sigh, No longer feeling hungry at all, Just tired.

''Beep bop. . .Unlock the front door'' I muttered as I approached the imposing thing.

I wasn't allowed outside on the weekend, After all, I was supposed to be spending my time studying inside the nice safe house.

So to keep my from just opening the door and leaving, My father had my dad make a complex robotic lock for the door.

It was practically a super computer.

However, Beep bop, The little Ai ball my dad also made, To be my friend of course, Had evolved it's knowledge to allow it to open the front door.

A little bit of fresh air and a walk around the bad part of town should put me in a better mood. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep bop is sweet. . . (Also late chapter. . .)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen