Chapter 96: Grim

Update time, Woo! (Also, Aspen Pov)

-----------------------------------------------------

I had just gotten to sleep when the blankets had been abruptly pulled off of me, Waking me and confusing me at the same time.

What? What's going on?

Emory was standing over me, Blood on his skin and clothes, An unreadable expression on his face as he stared at me.

''Wh-What-'' I started to questioned hesitantly when he reached out, His fingertips barely brushing over my arm, Making me flinch away.

At my slight movement, Emory's hand instantly shot up to grab firmly onto my shoulder, Holding me in place.

His grip was a lot stronger than usual, Making me wince slightly.

Panic was starting to set in.

I was tired and very out of it at the moment. The only things my half asleep brain knew were. 

1: Emory was covered in blood and looking upset. 

2: He was clearly upset with me. 

And finally 3: I felt a stabbing feeling of sorrow twisting about in my chest at the sight of him.

None of those little facts were useful to me though as Emory abruptly and instantly released me all of a sudden. Leaving the room without a word.

Shakily, I wrapped my arms around myself, Curling in on myself as I did so.

Fully awake now.

My arms stung slightly, The small. . .Well. . .Somewhat shallow wounds on my arms slowly oozing a bit of blood from all my movements.

I could faintly hear the sound of the shower running.

Closing my eyes, I slowly became more distressed as the past few hours came crashing back.

Breath. . .Don't cry. . .Don't cry he'll get more upset. . .

My fingers slowly dug back into the skin on my arms, Leaving even more bloody marks on the pale expanse of flesh.

The sound of water cut off and the house fell silent again.

I could hear my heart thudding as I tried to calm myself.

Why did he come in here?. . .I thought he'd be with Channing. . .In the bedroom. . .

I tried to keep my breathing steady, Starting to hyperventilate a small bit.

Once again, When I was least expecting it, Emory stepped back into the room right as tears were starting to slowly trail down my cheeks.

Quickly, I scrubbed at my face as Emory approached me.

He had cleaned the blood from his arms and changed into a visibly soft, Grey button down, No signs of the blood he had previously been drenched in anywhere on his body.

I opened my mouth, About to say something before I was abruptly scooped up off of the bed, Held bridal style in his arms as he carried me out of the guest bedroom.

''E-Emory?-'' I started to hesitantly question before he quietly cut me off.

''We will speak later Aspen'' He murmured, His voice quiet and grim as he carried me towards his bedroom.

Cold panic twisted in my chest, As I tried to squirm free.

I didn't want to see Channing. . .I didn't want to see him resting in the bed Emory and I used to share.

He'd be here and he'll mock me. . .Belittle me. . .I don't want to face that. . .Not tonight. . .Not now. . .

Emory's grip was firm though and I was unable to free myself.

He pushed the bedroom door open. . .

And. . .Channing wasn't anywhere in sight.

I was confused as Emory carried me into the bathroom.

But. . .Emory was with Channing. . .

Next thing I knew, He was gently sitting me down on the edge of the bathtub which was filled with warm slightly steamy water and fluffy bubbles.

I blinked in confusion, My brain struggling to wrap itself around all of this.

Emory gently grabbed onto the edge of my shirt, Making my eyes widen slightly.

Before I could protest, He gently pulled it off over my head.

I opened my mouth, About to speak when he started about removing the rest of my clothes.

Reaching out, I weakly grabbed onto his arm as he gently removed the remainder of my clothes, My grip not even making him pause.

''E-Emory?'' I questioned shakily, Releasing him to cover my privates as he rolled up his sleeves.

''Shhh, It is alright'' He murmured quietly before gently scooping me back up and lowering me down into the warm water.

I squirmed slightly as he kneeled down beside the tub, Grabbing a fluffy washcloth off of the nearby towel rack as he gently grabbed onto my nearest arm.

He proceeded to gently dab at my arm with the washcloth, Making me flinch despite him being careful to not tear the fresh scabs that now were scattered across my arm.

I kept quiet, Other than a few startled sounds as he slowly cleaned the dried and mostly dried blood from my skin.

My body felt heavy and so so tired.

Why is he doing this? I thought I made him mad. . .

He briefly set the washcloth down before reaching his hand up to gently cup my face, His skin so warm against my own.

''Rest, I have you'' He whispered, His voice gentle and hiding some sort of emotion I couldn't quite pick out.

 I opened my mouth to try and speak again before he went back to gently cleaning me off, His face grim as he did so.

Shakily, I inhaled the warm, Slightly floral scented steam coming up from the bath, My eyes trained on the fluffy bubbles that hid most of my body.

My face flushed slightly, Embarrassed and ashamed for some reason.

Eventually, Emory was satisfied with how clean I was and proceeded to drain the tub.

Before I could climb out, Emory gently scooped me back up out of the tub, Setting me back down on the edge again before grabbing a fluffy towel and gently drying me from head to toe.

Once I was as close to dry as possible, Emory stepped back, Going to the cabinet and pulling out a small blue and white box with pictures of band-aids on it.

Oh. . .Right. . .

I kept my eyes trained on the floor, Shivering slightly at the slight chill in the room as he gently grabbed onto my arm.

''I- I'm sorry. . .I-I didn't mean to. . .'' I whispered shakily as he gently covered the fresher wounds with band-aids.

''I know you did not mean to, It is alright'' He soothed, Gently running his hand up and down my arm as soon as he finished covering my self inflicted wounds.

He leaned forwards, Gently pressing a kiss to my forehead before scooping me up in his arms again.

''Let us get you dressed. Then we need to have a serious talk'' He murmured, Carrying me into the bedroom despite my very quiet protests.

He gently set me on the bed before grabbing one of his sweaters and some pajamas.

I hesitantly accepted the offered clothes from him, Changing quickly to try and hide my body from his gaze.

This. . .Is going to be a long night. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

:D Next chapter's gonna be fun :)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen