Chapter 17: Talking

Again, I have no clue what happens when at the hospital for people who try to commit not alive, So everything that happens is what happens in this universe and not Irl

-------------------------------------------------------

Paris had stayed and talked with me well into the afternoon.

To me his questions seemed random and without much reason, However, Every now and then he'd write something down in his folder when I'd respond to a question.

After a while of him talking with me I started to feel a little bit comfortable with him being here.

''Paris?'' I asked quietly, Catching the man's attention.

He gave me a warm encouraging smile, ''Yes? What is it?'' He asked calmly.

''When will I be able to leave?'' I asked, My voice barely audible.

He must not have heard me sadly, ''Would you please repeat that?'' He asked, A warm smile still on his face.

My little bit of courage started to falter as I had to repeat myself, ''Wh-When will I be able to leave?'' I asked a little louder this time, My voice trembling slightly.

 My heart sunk slightly as Paris's smile faltered ever so slightly before he caught himself, His smile becoming warm again.

''Well, That depends on a lot of things'' He started, Closing the folder and setting it on his lap.

''How quickly your wounds heal, Whether or not you seem stable enough to go home and a few other things depending on how everything goes'' Paris explained, Being slightly vague in his choice of wording.

''Oh'' I whispered quietly.

I wanted to ask him why he was being to vague, However, I was too scared to do so.

He gave me a comforting smile before opening back up the folder.

''There is something you can tell me that might help speed everything along a little bit'' Paris said, Catching my interest.

 ''What is it?'' I asked, A spark of hope forming in my chest.

Sure I was happy to finally be able to sleep without the fear of waking up to a beating, Finally being able to just. . . Live without being told I was wrong for existing.

But I knew that the longer I was away the worse my return home would be.

Besides. . . I deserve it. . . I ruined their lives when I was born. . .

''Well, For a while at least you'll need to have someone who can watch over you at nearly all times so if you show any signs they can get you the help you need'' Paris explained before looking back down at one of the pages in his folder.

''Would your parents be able to watch you?'' He asked, His voice a lot gentler this time around.

Glancing down at my lap, My hands nervously clasped together.

I don't think mom could handle seeing me like that. . . She'd probably try to do the same. . .

My eyes started to tingle slightly as tears attempted to slip past my eyes.

Dad wouldn't care. . . He'd probably just shoot me to make sure I didn't fail. . .

''No. . .'' I whispered quietly, My hands grip nervously tightening on each other.

Paris was silent for a moment, Clearly waiting for me to continue, To explain why.

When I remained silent he took the hint that I didn't want to talk about it.

Thankfully he didn't try to press and just moved on.

''What about your soulmates? Do you know any of them? Would they be able to help?'' He asked, His eyes staring at me patiently, Looking for any reaction.

''Channing wouldn't care'' I whispered, Accidently thinking out loud for a second.

I pressed my lips together tightly, Trying to prevent anything else from accidently slipping out.

Great. . . I can't even keep my thoughts to myself. . .

 ''Channing huh? Do you by chance know any other soulmate?'' He pressed, Showing a concerning amount of interest.

I nervously rubbed at my arm slightly, ''No. . .''.

He thankfully picked up on my unease and dropped the question.

''Well, We'll have to see if maybe an officer can be on call incase anything happens'' He said, Marking something down in the folder before closing it.

He gave me another gentle smile before reaching out slowly to gently pat my arm.

He had done so a few other times during our talk when I started to get nervous, He seemed to have learned quickly that fast movement would make me flinch though.

I was grateful that he took that into consideration and made his movements a lot slower than most people would.

''Well, You did very well today'' He praised calmly while getting up, ''It's starting to get late though so why don't you close your eyes, I'll talk to you again tomorrow and we'll see if anything can be done to make your stay easier on you'' He assured me.

He slowly reached up and gently ruffled my hair, With one final warm smile he left back into the hallway.

I was starting to feel drained by now, Emotionally and physically.

I was about to lay back down when the doctor, Jack I think his name was, Came back into the room, A nurse following behind him.

''Hello there Fir, Feeling up for supper?'' He asked, The nurse setting a tray on the bedside table.

I shook my head, Sure I felt slightly hungry but I was used to hunger, It was something I could easily ignore.

That seemed to catch the doctor slightly by surprise but he just rolled with it easily.

''Are you sure? It'd be good to keep up your strength'' He pressed, Clearly trying to get me to give in and just say yes.

''I'm not hungry'' I whispered quietly, Glancing away from him.

''Eat the food'' A familiar accented voice ordered.

My eyes snapped quickly over to the German standing in the doorway.

He was no longer in his normal uniform, Instead he was wearing casual clothing.

A simple black long sleeved shirt that was rather tight looking around his shoulders and biceps and plain jeans that hugged his legs like a second skin.

All in all, He looked like a tank. . . Or someone who could snap a person in half with just their bare hands.

I looked away from him quickly when I noticed I was staring.

''Eat some of the food Aspen'' He ordered again, This time his voice was much gentler, Still gruff but a gentler form of it.

I had to admit, I liked the sound of my name on his voice.

. . . His soulmate really must be an amazing person to have someone like him. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

Annnnd last chapter with Paris, Any ideas what's gonna happen now that Emory's back?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen