Chapter 11: Lunch

Annd, The continuation of the fight. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

''Oh you will be.'' Channing hissed out, Starting to roll his sleeves up before there was suddenly a knock on the rather thick classroom door.

I flinched back at the startling sound, Still cowering under the solid thing.

Channing and I both turned our startled attention fully to the closed door, Both of us moving back from the sturdy thing.

I was still on the floor when the door knob started to turn, The pain in my belly forgotten briefly as my heart started to beat faster out of fear.

What if I get Channing in more trouble by being here?

I glanced down shamefully as the door opened, Feeling bad for even getting Channing in trouble in the first place.

''What is all this?'' A familiar accented voice asked calmly from the door.

My eyes widened in shock as my gaze snapped up towards Emory.

He briefly glanced down at me before looking back towards Channing, Frowning now.

''What. Happened. Here.'' He asked slowly as he walked into the classroom, Closing the door behind him.

I swallowed thickly, Glancing down at the floor I was currently sitting on.

''U-Uh there, You see. . .'' Channing stuttered, Clearly trying to come up with a lie on the spot.

Footsteps approached us before silence.

Next thing I knew, A gloved hand gently grabbed onto my chin, Turning my head upwards to face Emory.

I felt my heart still as cold fear trickled up my spine.

His ambery brown eyes narrowed slightly as he seemed to be examining my face.

''Aspen attacked me'' Channing said suddenly.

I felt my face pale at that, Emory didn't even look away from me.

''You do not seem hurt'' Emory said, Glancing briefly over at Channing.

I heard a incredulous squeak come from the amber haired boy at that.

''How dare you not believe me! Take this- This. . . Abuser away before he hurts someone else'' Channing ordered, Stumbling over his words slightly.

But I didn't do anything. . .

I opened my mouth, About to try and plead my case before Channing continued.

''H-He attacked me, A-And insulted me, An-'' Channing started to say before Emory held his hand up, Silencing the boy.

''Alright, I will take him with me than'' Emory said, Cutting off the lying boy.

Channing was about to say something before Emory grabbed my arm lightly, Tugging me to my feet.

I opened my mouth again, Wanting to plead my case but before I could Emory was already tugging me towards the door.

As he dragged me behind him through the halls, I could fell the mix of pain and stress from earlier finally spilling over in the form of warm tears.

''I-I didn't-'' I started to squeak out before Emory suddenly stopped.

I cowered back slightly as he turned around to face me.

''I-I was just-'' I started to stutter as he moved closer to me.

I flinched slightly as he released my arm, Moving his hand up to cup my cheek.

I felt a slightly warm fuzzy feeling inside me as he proceeded to use his thumb to wipe a tear off my face.

''You were going to say you did not do anything were you not?'' He asked quietly, Moving back from me slightly.

I looked back down at the exceedingly interesting floor as he stepped back, The slight warmth from him leaving with him and leaving me to the pain I was feeling.

''Y-Yeah'' I answered quietly, Feeling sick from having to stand after being punched in the gut. . . While I was hungry.

I could feel him staring at me for a while before he sighed, Muttering something under his breath ''Was haben sie mit dir gemacht Kind?''

He must be regretting trying to help me. . .

I jumped slightly, Flinching away as he put his arm around my shoulders.

''Come with me Aspen'' He said simply, His accent seemingly having calmed down a bit.

''W-Where are we going?'' I asked worriedly, Crossing my arms over my tummy as we walked, Trying to resist the urge to curl up on the ground in the fetal position.

He glanced down at me, His eyes slowly trailing down me until they landed on my crossed arms.

''Cafeteria, Most of the rest of the school is there already'' He informed me as he led me down another hall.

Oooh no. . .

Looking down at the passing tiles below us, I tried to think of a way to get out of this.

I just wanna curl up under some benches until I no longer hurt. . .

Emory paused in front of me, Drawing my attention up to him and more importantly the door before us.

''You can sit with Tim and I'' Emory told me before opening the door to the chaos on the other side.

It was always hectic during lunch time, Normally the kids will just be talking and doing stupid stuff for their friend's attention, Or doing stupid stuff for the attention of the popular kids.

However, Seeing as there are new interesting people in the school, Everyone was pretty much mobbing around Tim.

''Oh! Emory! Over here sir!'' Tim called out happily to the German, Standing up so he was no longer hidden by the swarm of kids.

I felt my face pale again as the kids turned their attention to the higher ranking officer.

Thankfully, My savior came in the form of the class president.

''Aspen! Come sit with me'' Toby called out, Waving slightly.

I glanced worriedly up at my 'captor' of sorts, Surprised when he removed his arm from my shoulders.

''Go ahead, Join your friend Kind'' Emory told me quietly, Gently pushing me in the direction of Toby's table.

I gave him a slight grateful look before hurrying over to the table, Hiding next to Toby.

The boy wordlessly took his sandwich and cut it in half, Setting the other half of it in front of me without a second thought.

''Thanks'' I whispered gratefully, Leaning closer to him as he rested his arm across my shoulders.

I could feel someone watching me, But I refused to turn around as I slowly ate the half sandwich, Trying to not seem half starved.

Maybe I'll be fine. . .

Glancing up, I noticed Channing glaring at me from the head of the popular table.

Maybe not. . . 

 ----------------------------------------------------------

Alllright, So, Emory didn't hear what had happened, But he could guess, Any guesses on what he's planning on doing?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen