Chapter 74: Lights

Daniel pov :>

--------------------------------------------------------

''Vrrrm, Vroom'' I squealed happily, Tugging at the steering wheel of the family car.

My feet couldn't reach the ground but despite that, My imagination wasn't effected by that.

For all I knew, I was in a race car, Speeding down a race track instead of sitting in a mini van, Parked in the driveway, With no keys in the ignition.

''Daniel'' A raspy voice said from somewhere off to my left, Drawing me out of my day dream.

I grinned up at the tired blonde man who was currently leaning on the open door of said mini van.

''What cha doing Danny?'' Dad asked, Smiling warmly down at me despite the heavy bags under his eyes.

''I'm racing! I'm about to win!'' I answered eagerly, Bouncing slightly in the driver's seat as I spoke.

Before I could go back to making 'racing car noises' dad let out a 'Tsk tsk' sound, Shaking his head and drawing my confused attention to him.

''Danny, You know better then to race without a seatbelt on, What would your mothers say?'' Dad chided, Making my attention snap to the strip of fabric that wasn't where it was supposed to be.

''Oh shoot'' I whispered, Reaching back and fumbling the seatbelt as I tried to buckle up.

Dad chuckled before moving to help me untangle the seatbelt from around me before buckling me up.

''There we go, All ready to race again'' He muttered proudly, Giving me a head pat before backing off so I could go back to pretending to be a racecar driver.

Before I could though, I heard my mother shouting something, Which drew my full attention.

''Who's Mommy yelling at?'' I asked, Glancing over at Dad, Drawing his attention back to me.

''Auntie Sharon is purposefully bothering Mommy again'' Dad explained, Frowning as he spoke.

I frowned too, My interest in the car now forgotten.

''Why's Auntie Sharon being mean to Mommy again?'' I asked innocently.

Aunt Sharon tended to be really mean to Mommy, Her sister, Every time we meet with her and her kids.

She's a bully. . .

''You see, When some Mommies who are going to be having babies get really stressed, Their babies sometimes don't make it thanks to the stress their Mommies are under'' Dad explained, Helping me unbuckle my seatbelt as he explained.

''And you see, Mommy is one of those Mommies and your Auntie is trying to get Mommy to lose your siblings'' Dad explained, Making me frown further.

''But why?'' I asked, Things not quite adding up.

Why would someone hate their own sibling so much as to want them to loose a child?

 ''You see. . .Auntie Sharon. . .Always expected life to present her with what she wants instead of working for the things she wanted. . .Your Mommy is the exact opposite, Which enraged aunt Sharon, Your Mommy ended up getting many things that Aunt Sharon always wanted just by working hard and keeping other people's emotions in mind'' Dad explained further, Opening the mini van's door as he spoke.

''So. . .Auntie Sharon bullies Mommy because she's jealous?'' I asked, Tilting my head to the side as I peered up at him.

Dad was about to say something when Pops, Mommy and Mom finally joined us at the mini van.

''Oh my goodness. . .I swear, These two are trying to fight their way out'' Mommy groaned, Stopping herself before she could say a swear.

 ''Alright, We've got two hours to get down to planned parenthood for the ultrasound. . .We have plenty of snacks. . .We've got water bottles too right? Oh gosh do we have enough water bottles?'' Mom rambled, Going full worried mother mode.

Dad and I exchanged a look before before Pops stepped in.

''Honey, This is the second time we're going to the planned parenthood to see the twins on the ultrasound, It's going to be okay, Breath. We don't want to stress anyone out'' Pops soothed, His soft voice working it's charm and calming both my mothers down.

''Right. . .Right. . .Just. . .Don't want her having the complications I had with-. . .'' Mom started to say before noticing I was here and well within ear shot.

I already knew I had been a problematic birth, After all, I had been in the hospital until I was three thanks to how early I had been born and certain complications with my birth.

So all that little conversation did was make me concerned for Mommy and my promised siblings.

I didn't want to loose my siblings, After all, Some of the neighbor kids have siblings and they were the coolest! I would get to teach my siblings all I know! We'll be an awesome team!

 ''Mommy? Once we get back from the doctor place can I play with my siblings?'' I asked, Squirming out of the driver's seat and running over to where she was leaning against the van.

''Danny, Sweet heart, They're not being born today, We're just going to try and see them again on the ultrasound, See if we can see what gender they are this time around'' Mommy explained, Slowly sitting down in one of the seats in the back of the mini van.

''Oh. . .When they're born can I play with them then? I wanna show them how to climb up onto the roof!'' I countered.

Pops scooped me up at that point before I could as anything else.

''Now you know you're not allowed on the roof young man. Not without adult supervision'' Pops chided while he helped buckle me into my car seat.

''Besides, You won't be able to show your siblings anything for a while'' He continued, Stepping back to let dad get in the back of the mini van too.

''What does Pops mean by that?'' I asked Mommy quietly while Pops and Mom climbed into the driver and passenger seats up front, Slowly pulling the Mini van out of our little suburb home.

''Well. . .Do you remember when Fuzzy butt had her babies?'' Mommy asked, Reminding me of our pet rabbit and her litter of kits.

''Yes? What about them?'' I asked, Fiddling with my seatbelt.

''Remember how small and weak they were for a long while? Well, Human babies work somewhat similar to that, They're a bit bigger but they're just as weak, However for a much longer t-'' Mommy was explaining before suddenly, Dad let out a shout, Flinging his arm and upper half of his body between us and the front of the Mini van.

All I saw before everything went black, Was a larger car, Going the wrong way down the road. Heading straight for us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Little bit of a flashback. . .Not a happy one. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen