Chapter 52:

Aspen Pov

---------------------------------------------------

Waking up in the morning, I found myself curled up close to Emory.

He was sitting up in bed reading some book.

Slowly, I started to wake up a bit more, Memories of what we did together last night coming back to me.

I swallowed thickly, My face heating up as I reached my hands up, Covering my face.

The movement must have caught Emory's attention.

I heard him lightly set his book down before one of his hands grabbed one of mine.

The tingles that raced up my arm surprised me, Making me open my eyes.

He isn't wearing his gloves. . .

Pale slightly bumped up scars fully covered every inch of his hands, They looked like they had been painful.

Might still be painful too. . .

Noticing the surprised look on my face, Emory proceeded to release my hands, Letting me slowly lower them back to my lap.

My face was still burning as I nervously twisted my hands together.

''Are you alright? Your face is very red'' Emory questioned, His eyes trained on my face as he spoke.

I nodded shakily, A small squeak escaping me as he rested his hand against my forehead.

Tingles spread out across my face at the contact.

I moved away from the contact, Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the stimulation from the tingles.

The memory of last night was slowly fading to the back of my mind as I was faced with a new embarrassing situation.

Emory was about to say something before his phone buzzed quietly.

I felt grateful for the distraction, Allowing me to move away from him just enough that I was no longer pressed up against him.

He glanced up at me as he pulled out his phone, Checking the time on it before getting up.

''It is time to start getting ready for school'' He told me as he walked around the bed to my side.

Reluctantly, I climbed out of the nice warm bed, Trailing behind Emory as he headed for the stairs.

I was stumbling slightly as I followed him, My legs still feeling heavy and tired.

Emory paused, Reaching back to help steady me when I stumbled again.

''Are you sure you are feeling alright?'' Emory questioned slowly, His hands resting on my shoulders.

''Y-Yeah. . .Just. . .Tired'' I squeaked out, My face heating up yet again as I stared down at the ground.

I could see him frowning slightly out of the corner of my eye.

Thankfully though, He didn't question me further, Instead, He gently started to lead me down the stairs, His hand on my shoulder the whole time.

When I ended up eventually stumbling yet again, He was there to easily catch me.

I gave him a small, Weak little grateful smile, My eyes snapping back to the ground as quickly as they could.

A small sigh escaped Emory as he ushered me into the kitchen, Sitting me down in a chair.

My body felt like I was moving through molasses, Exhaustion weighing down on me.

After a moment, A cup of heavily sweetened coffee was set down in front of me.

I blinked in surprise as I looked up towards him.

He gave me a sympathetic look before gently resting his hand on my head.

''I am sorry for keeping you up so late'' He muttered quietly as he moved to sit across from me.

I hesitantly took a sip of the coffee he had presented me with.

The overly sweet taste of coffee creamer filled coffee hit my tongue as soon as I took a sip.

Considering the fact I had only tried coffee once before, I still wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

I set the cup down, Vowing to not take another sip.

Emory must have taken that as a hint that I wanted to talk.

''We do not have to talk about it if you do not wish to. . .However, we will need to at some point'' Emory said slowly, His voice still gruff with exhaustion.

I didn't need to ask what he was talking about, I also didn't want to really think about this right now.

Swallowing nervously, I stared down into the cup, An anxious little pout on my face.

Silence filled the room for a moment before Emory sighed, Getting up from his chair and moving around the kitchen, Cooking something.

After a moment, A plate of eggs and bacon was set down in front of me.

''Eat up, You have school very soon'' He stated simply, Briefly resting his hand on my head before he left the kitchen, Heading back upstairs again.

Sighing, I poked at the food in front of me, Not really feeling hungry anymore.

Are things going to be different now?. . .Did I mess up. . .

 Thoughts like that filled my head as I continued to poke at the food.

--- Time skip ---

Even as I was sitting beside Emory as he drove me to school, I was still mulling over those thoughts and the feelings those thoughts caused.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't even noticed we had arrived at school until Emory lightly touched my arm, Drawing me out of my thoughts.

Looking up at him, I felt my face flush slightly as he just arched an eyebrow in questioning.

''J-Just thinking. . .Sorry'' I muttered sheepishly, Nervously pushing some of my hair behind my ears.

Emory was frowning slightly, Concern in his eyes, But thankfully, He didn't voice any of his concerns at the moment.

''Have a good day at school'' He said as I hopped out of the car.

''Thanks. . .'' I whispered, Holding my arms close to myself as I walked to the entrance, Emory's eyes watching me as I walked.

Stepping in, I kept my head down as I made my way to my locker.

For some odd reason, Channing hadn't appeared to snap at me yet.

Pulling out my books from my locker, I wasn't expecting to run into anyone.

Of course, I ended up running face first into someone.

Today's not going to be a good day. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------

'Aight. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen