Chapter 53: Zoo

:T

----------------------------------------------

''Watch it.'' The person I bumped into snarled out at me, Her eyes were narrowed furiously as she shoved me away.

The smell of booze on her breath confused me for a second.

It's the morning, Don't people usually drink at night?

She pushed me roughly to the side with a drunken sounding grumble as she started to head to her locker.

Swallowing nervously, I clutched my bag close to my chest as I hurried towards class, My face heating up with shame as a few kids who had heard her grumbles turned to stare at me.

Ducking into the classroom, I didn't expect anyone to be there considering how early I was today.

''The hell are you doing.'' Channing demanded, Making me jump slightly in surprise.

''Language!'' Daniel scolded cheerfully from behind his desk.

Reaching my hands up, I picked slightly as my bag's sticking, Lowering my head slightly as I hurried to my seat.

I could see Channing still watching me from the corner of my eye.

''Your hair's all messed up'' He muttered back to me before turning his attention back to his phone.

Blinking slightly, I reached a hand up, Feeling at my hair.

A few knots and tangles got caught on my fingers when I tried to run them through my hair to fix it.

''Oh shoot, I forgot something'' Daniel muttered in surprise before hurriedly getting up from his seat.

''Channing, You're in charge until I get back'' Daniel called back over his shoulder as he left the classroom.

I felt my heart sink slightly, Fully expecting Channing to instantly start yelling at me or some shit.

Instead, He ignored me as I finished tugging the tangles out of my hair.

''. . .So. . .How the hell did you not notice how fucked up your hair is? How did it even get that bad?'' Channing questioned, Not looking up from his phone.

I slowly blinked as my face started to flush.

Before anything else could be said, Some of the students started to trickle into the classroom.

I fell silent, My gaze training on my desk as kids walked past, Chatting with each other.

After a few more minuets, Daniel burst back into the class, Smiling happily.

''Gooood morning class!'' Daniel sang out happily as he placed a small stack of passes on his desk.

Passes? Are we going somewhere?

I hadn't really paid that much attention to the paper on my desk before, However, It caught my attention now.

Picking it up, I briefly read over the paper that was filled with little fun facts and quizzes.

We're going to the zoo. . .

''What the hell? Why are we going to the zoo? We're not little kids or some shit'' One kid in the back shouted up to Daniel.

I felt my heart clench in sympathy as I watched his face fall slightly, His smile briefly gone before he replaced it with a slightly strained one.

''It's better then having to do math lessons all day. . .'' I muttered under my breath before Channing spoke up.

''Shut the hell up, At least we're not locked up inside all day studying'' Channing called out to whoever spoke up, Being surprisingly protective.

I could see Daniel give the boy a grateful look before he cleared his throat, Brushing non-existent dirt off his solid white clothes.

''If everyone can get their things around and head single file out the door, We can be on our way'' Daniel informed us as he picked up his bag from behind his desk.

Surprisingly enough it was a navy blue color and not white like the rest of his attire.

The contrast of his skin against the bag was very startling.

As I stood up, I watched in surprise when he picked up a pure white umbrella from behind his desk.

Discreetly looking around, I could see most of the other kids looked surprised too.

''Come now, Single file'' Daniel called out happily as we all slowly started to move to the door in a whole pack.

I hung towards the very back of the group, Letting everyone else go in front of me as I nervously tugged at my hands.

''Gooood morning Aspen!'' Daniel said happily as he moved to stand next to me.

''Morning sir'' I whispered quietly, Feeling a bit nervous thanks to the amount of attention he was focusing on me.

''Oh, Is something the matter?'' Daniel asked, Concern in his cheerful voice as he leaned down slightly to try and make eye contact with me.

''No. . .N-No, Sorry. . .'' I whispered, My voice shaking slightly on the second no, For some reason I felt uneasy about him being concerned for me.

Before we could say anything more to each other, A throat being cleared drew both of our attentions back to the now way smaller line in front of us.

''Oh right. . .Zoo time!'' Daniel said cheerfully, Placing his hand at the small of my back as he ushered me towards the door.

I squirmed slightly away from his touch, The contact making me feel off.

''Zoo! Zoo! Zoo!'' Daniel happily chanted, Trying to get his students excited.

No one even smiled.

Poor guy. . .

We had reached the bus by now, Toby waiting outside said bus with his arms calmly crossed.

''Alright everyone, No fighting over seats, Leave the front ones for those who need the most help, Back seats go to whoever gets to them first'' Toby informed us as we all broke off into little groups.

People paired off with their friends and those in the same popularity groups as themselves.

Once all that was figured out, People started to board the bus.

I was about to step on up as well when Toby's hand on my shoulder stopped me.

''Sorry Aspen, But because of what happened in the science lab, You have to sit up front where you can be watched by Daniel and the bus driver'' Toby informed me, Sympathy in his voice as he tugged me to stand beside him.

I felt my heart sink as a few whispers spread between the kids boarding the bus.

I. . .Guess that's fair. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

'Aight. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen