Chapter 86: Kindness

Channing Pov!  (Warning, Hints at prior (As in last chapter) sexual assault + harassment)

----------------------------------------------------------

The sun was setting when the car pulled to a stop outside of Emory's rather intimidating home.

Neither him nor I had said a single word to each other the whole ride, The silence was a mix of comforting and stressful as I had been left to my. . .Slightly spiraling thoughts.

My skin felt like it was crawling, Like I was covered with slime or something equally gross.

''Come, Channing, I will show you to a room'' Emory murmured, Snapping me out of my daze, and making me jump a bit.

''Oh. . .Thank you'' I muttered, Surprised enough at him being nice that I defaulted to being polite in return.

My heart did a few surprised skips when the man leading me inside proceeded to pause, Gently placing his hand on my head in a small head pat.

''I will find something for you to wear so you can take a shower'' He informed me, Carefully ushering me inside his home as he spoke.

A shower would be nice. . .Maybe it'll make me feel better. . .

I was still a little dazed from what happened mere hours ago, Making my brain a bit. . .Sluggish.

Slowly, I followed Emory up the stairs and down the warmly lit hall.

Most of the doors were closed, Except for the one at the end of the hall.

Creepy?. . .

The walls had no windows with the bed placed perfectly in the center of the room.

Yup. . .Creepy.

Still, Despite that, I followed him inside the room, Not really caring enough to be worried that I might be in danger.

''Make yourself at home'' Emory offered before stepping out of the room, Leaving me to get comfortable.

Slowly, I sat down on the edge of the bed, Carelessly setting my backpack on the floor beside it.

I still felt queasy. . .

Closing my eyes, I lowered my head to rest tiredly in my hands.

What has this day become. . .It really just started off bad and got worse as it continued didn't it?

I wasn't quite sure what to classify the current situation I was in as, But the feelings that were still warring inside me from earlier prevented me from caring too much.

Before I could really get too lost in my thoughts, There was a knock on the bedroom door, Drawing my attention up towards Emory.

''Here, I will show you to the bathroom'' He offered, Holding out some clothes for me as he spoke.

I accepted the articles of clothing from him, Not bothering to look at them as I followed him towards a closed door not far from 'my room'.

''When you are done, Come downstairs'' The dark eyed man informed me before heading downstairs without another word.

Okay then. . .

Slowly, I stepped into the bathroom, Finding a soft towel and a washcloth waiting on a towel rack already.

Setting the clothes down beside the towel rack, I set about undressing.

--- Time skip ---

I. . .Felt a bit better after a shower, Still didn't feel completely clean but, It was much better than before.

The clothes Emory had given me didn't exactly fit, But they were comfortable.

Soft sweatpants that I had to tie really tightly to prevent them from sliding off of me, And a cozy dark blue sweater that fell down to right above my knees.

I felt like I was swimming about in these clothes, But they were warm, Soft and comfortable, Helping to put me a tiny bit more at ease.

Finishing drying my hair to the best of my abilities, I tossed the towel in a laundry basket that held a few other damp towels before making my way down the stairs, Some of the tension gone from my shoulders.

I could hear the sound of a spoon or something clinking against the edge of a pot of some sort as I made my way to were I was pretty sure the kitchen was.

The warm smell of some sort of soup was what reached me when I stepped through the doors to the warmly lit room.

''Sit down'' Emory ordered from where he stood next to the stove, Gesturing to the table with chairs around it as he spoke.

I obeyed without complaint, Sitting down and watching the man as he finished with whatever he was cooking.

''Hey um. . .Thanks. . .For all of this'' I hesitantly started, Feeling rather grateful for what the other man had gone more or less out of his way to do for me.

Not many people bother to go even a little bit out of their way for me if my parents don't order it. . .

''You do not need to thank me, Here'' Emory murmured as he made his way over to me, A bowl full of still steaming soup held out for me.

I accepted the bowl from him, Glancing briefly at the creamy looking soup, Large chunks of bacon floating about with some clear chunks of potatoes.

''What is this?'' I asked, Taking a bite of the soup, A small, Happy sigh leaving me at the cheesy taste from the soothingly warm food.

''Potato soup'' He stated simply, Wisely blowing on a spoonful of soup before taking a bite, Preventing himself from suffering from a burned mouth. . .Unlike me.

''Hot! Hot!'' I hissed under my breath, Earning a quiet chuckle from the other man before he got up, Heading towards to sink, Returning soon with a glass of water for me.

I quickly drank until my mouth stopped burning, Another small sigh leaving me, This time out of relief.

''Thanks'' I gasped out, Being a bit more patient this time, Making sure to blow on my next spoonful so as to not burn my mouth again.

Emory just hummed, Continuing to eat his own bowl of soup, Both of us falling into silence.

I didn't even notice, But the tension had eased out of my body by now, Leaving me calm, And very tired.

Emory and I didn't speak too much, The words we exchanged though were pleasant, Neither of us trying to instigate the other.

It was. . .A good end to a bad day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:) Emory's got everything under control. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen