Act 2, Chapter 9: Praise

Annnd here we freaking go :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

Quietly, I sat in the doctor's office as Emory spoke with Dr. Anders in the neighboring room, discussing what should be done regarding what Dr. Anders and I spoke about.

Letting out a quiet little sigh, I kicked my legs back and forth as I waited, tired and emotionally worn out from the long discussion with the good doctor.

There was another doctor at a desk nearby who was watching over me, making sure I didn't do anything while my soulmate was chatting with Dr. Anders. . .Leaving me feeling. . .Uncomfortable.

I'm being watched like a little unstable freak. . .

Hunching in on myself a bit more, holding onto my own arms as I wished I could just blend into the stark white wall behind me.

The door creaked quietly, my only warning as Emory and Dr. Anders returned to the room, a heavy, warm hand landing on my shoulder mere moments later, making me jolt slightly.

''Hey, let us head home, you have some medicine to take then you can rest'' Emory murmured, keeping his voice low and gentle, keeping our conversation fairly private despite the people hovering nearby.

I nodded, silently standing as I did so.

Much to my surprise, Emory's hand never left my shoulder the entire time, confusing me a bit.

Despite that, I didn't say a word, greedily soaking up his contact.

 I silently walked beside Emory as he led me outside, his hand a anchoring weight on my skin as I took my place in the passenger's seat.

As soon as he took his spot in the driver's seat, he moved his hand to rest on my thigh, making me shiver.

''E-Emory?'' I questioned shakily, to which he quietly hushed me.

''Am I doing something you dislike?'' He questioned gently, all the while turning on the car and pulling out of the maze of parking lots.

Swallowing thickly, I shook my head, pausing before verbally answering.

''N-No, no, I don't mind. . .'' I instantly denied, my entire body trembling ever so slightly under his touch.

Please don't remove your hand. . .Please. . .

Neither of us said anything else on the entire ride home, his hand warm and comforting against my thigh through the whole drive.

Eventually, we got back to his house and any hope of the silence remaining was dashed the moment the two of us stepped inside.

I was tired. . .I wanted to go back to bed. . .But this wasn't my home, I had no right to request anything, least of all being allowed to go back to sleep before being told to.

I've caused him so much trouble. . .

''Come, the doctor has some medicine for you'' Emory murmured, unaware of my internal turmoil as he led me to the kitchen, his hand resting on the small of my back all the while.

I sat down on one of the kitchen bar stools as Emory read over the instructions on the bottles, humming quietly to himself every now and then before shaking out a set amount of pills from each bottle.

''Alright, you need to eat and drink before taking any of these'' He informed me, moving the bottles to a cabinet then locking said cabinet with a padlock.

A small twisting surge of anxiety clawed at my ribs for some unknown reason, making me sit up straighter.

''What do you feel like eating?'' Emory questioned, his back still to me as he rummaged around in the fridge.

I was hungry. . .But I couldn't really muster the will nor the care to eat or drink anything.

''I- I don't know, Crackers?'' I tried, figuring I could eat one or two, enough to hopefully appease him.

That made the other man frown slightly, but he didn't push me on that, closing the fridge and grabbing the crackers from a cabinet and filling a glass with water before turning back to me.

''Are you feeling unwell? physically speaking.'' Emory questioned, handing me a few crackers as he questioned me.

I shook my head, quietly munching on a cracker as the other man watched me with a critical eye, looking for something or other.

He kept watching me as I ate two more before taking small, slow sips of the water, causing the other man to nod slightly, as if my actions answered some unknown question of his.

''When I return from work, you will eat a proper meal.'' He muttered firmly before handing me the first few pills.

I downed each one without complaint, my stomach turning all the while.

Eventually, the seemingly endless amount of pills were done and Emory gestured for me to follow him.

He led me back to the bedroom, waiting until I changed my clothes and laid down on the bed before re-cuffing my arm to the bedpost with the fluffy handcuffs, checking a few times to make sure it wasn't too tight all the while.

He's worried about hurting me. . .

My heart clenched slightly even as I struggled to hold back a yawn, my exhaustion building ten-fold for some reason.

After ensuring I was safe and cozy beneath the heavy blankets, Emory pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead as I blinked tiredly, my brain struggling to stay awake.

''I will be back, just rest and let the medicine do their work'' He murmured gently, his voice warm and soothing as I turned my head a bit more, hoping he'd kiss me proper.

Unfortunately, he started to pull back away, making a small spike of distress briefly flash inside me before being snuffed out by the exhaustion.

So tired. . .Too tired for emotions. . .

Luckily, Emory noticed my brief panicked frown, pausing and giving me his full attention.

''W-Would you, um. . .Would you kiss me?'' I asked, my words slurring and struggling to come out as Emory watched on.

Every time I blinked, I found it harder and harder to open them again.

Emory smiled gently at that before leaning forwards, pressing a gentle kiss to my lips.

''Rest. I will be back, I love you'' He murmured, his final words falling on deaf ears as I had fallen fast asleep.

I dreamed of nothing the entire time, not of my life on the run, not of my life before.

For once, I was resting peacefully.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Things are going to be getting much better (And fluffier) the next few chapters if all goes to plan.

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen