Act 2, Chapter 12: Kisses

More fluff? Maybe a sprinkle of communication?

--------------------------------------------------------

I spent my morning slowly wandering around Emory's home.

The dog that Emory had been watching over wasn't here anymore. . .Dimitri had come to pick him up while I was out of it. . .He even stopped to say hi to me. . .Which I don't remember sadly.

That meant the house was empty and so very quiet. . .

Too quiet. . .

Eventually, I found myself in the kitchen, drying the dishes in the dishwasher mindlessly.

It was kind of nice to just numbly do a task, my mind more or less shut off.

Come lunch time, I had done the dishes, did the laundry and put it away. . .Just, doing household chores until I heard the front door open.

I paused mid folding as the sound of footsteps quickly wandered through the house, clearly doing a sweep of the house, looking for me.

''I-I'm in here!'' I called out, my voice breaking ever so slightly at the start from lack of use over the last few. . .Possibly many days.

The sounds of footsteps rapidly approached the bathroom before the door opened, a slightly worried and or panicked look on his face.

We made eye contact with each other, neither of us saying anything as the other man looked me up and down quickly, a hint of panic still in his gaze.

He visibly relaxed upon seeing the state I was in, a small sigh leaving him at the fact that I was okay.

''What is all of this sapling?'' Emory murmured softly as he calmed down enough to take in exactly what I was doing, stepping closer to where I was kneeling on the floor, folding the towels as soon as I pulled them out of the dryer, setting them in the basket next to me.

''I- I was doing laundry. . .Did you not want me to?? I'm sorry-'' I started to anxiously apologize before he kneeled down in front of me, shutting me up with a gentle peck on my lips.

''You did not need to do so, but I am grateful you did, thank you for helping'' Emory murmured softly before slowly getting back to his feet.

''I am going to make us some lunch, do you want anything in particular?'' He questioned gently as he started to move back towards the door to the bathroom.

Smiling very softly, I just shook my head, going back to my task at hand.

Emory watched me silently for a moment before slowly nodding.

''If you finish in here first I would love your company in the kitchen with me'' Emory called back to me before making his way to prepare us some food.

I was finishing folding the last few articles of clothing when I heard Emory let out an 'oh' from the vague direction of the kitchen.

A tiny bit curious, I propped the basket of laundry on my hip before wandering into the kitchen to see what surprised him.

He was gathering various items from the fridge and pantry to make. . .Something for us to eat, nothing in sight that could surprise someone.

Emory looked up at that moment, giving me yet another gentle smile as I cautiously set the laundry basket down on an empty nearby chair.

''I am surprised about how much work you have managed to do today'' Emory started as he gestured for me to sit down across from where he was currently cooking.

''Um, thank you? I-I'm sorry I haven't been helping out much recently'' I apologized softly, staring down at my lap as I sat down without complaint.

''Sapling, I do not expect you to help out around the house. I expect you to heal'' He murmured almost as soon as I finished my apology, making my eyes water slightly at the firmness in his tone. . .And his words.

Of course he only wants me to get better. . .That's all he cares about isn't it?. . .

''You are thinking about something? Tell me'' Emory more or less commanded as he set about cooking some bacon in a pan.

. . .Dr.Anders did say I was supposed to communicate. . .

''I- I just. . .I just feel. . .Guilty'' I whispered softly, the struggle to get those few words out practically a battle.

''Why'' Was Emory's only response to my admission, his 'question'? blunt and to the point.

Swallowing nervously, I started to rub at my arms as I looked anywhere except the man with his back currently to me.

''reasons'' I whispered softly again, very much unsure if I wanted to open this can of emotional worms right now or not. . .

The smell of cooking bacon joined it's sizzling sounds as the kitchen filled with the sounds of Emory cooking. . .Something.

''Aspen. That is not a valid answer'' Emory chastised as he added some herbs of some kind into the pan with the actively cooking bacon.

I shrugged slightly, hunching my shoulders forwards as I forced a few more words out of me.

''I- I feel guilty because you've- You've only ever been nice and-and kind- and loving to me and I-. . .I just threw that back in-in your face by running away'' I explained hurriedly and shakily as I clenched my hands in my lap.

He's never really exploded at me before. . .I should have no reason to fear his reaction. . .But I still did.

Emory just let out a quiet hum at that, finishing up cooking the bacon before proceeding to make us two BLT sandwiches.

Simple. . .But tasty I was sure.

I held still as he walked around to join me on my side of the counter.

He placed the two plates in front of his chosen chair before sitting down directly next to me.

Not a word was spoken before I was abruptly grabbed and gentle man-handled to sit on his lap, making my face warm slightly as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

''Would you like to make it up to me?'' He questioned, making a sudden sense of. . .Urgency? fill me.

I frantically nodded as he picked up one of the sandwiches, gently placing it in my hands.

''Then do not ever try to harm yourself again. We will be even then. Deal?'' He murmured softly, pressing a kiss to the back of my head as I struggled to hold back tears.

of course that's his request. . .

''okay'' I whispered softly, getting a quiet, pleased hum in response as he picked up his sandwich, taking a bite.

''Tell me about your day love'' Emory asked eventually when I had taken more than a few bites of the rather tasty sandwich one of his hands moving to rest over my stomach as he spoke.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Communication? Whatever it is. . . :)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen