Chapter 62:

Annd a late chapter. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

Once breakfast was done, Emory convinced me to get in his car, All without explaining what he was planning on doing or where he was taking me.

Which was a little scary.

Eventually, We arrived. . .At a. . .Farm?

I was very very confused when he got out of the car and gestured for me to get out as well.

''W-Why are we here?'' I questioned hesitantly, My voice giving away my un-ease.

Emory glanced down at me before nodding towards an elderly man who had exited the nearby barn.

''We are here to meet my uncle, He wished to meet you at some point, Now seems like a good enough time as any to introduce you two'' Emory explained simply, Gently grabbing onto my hand as the elderly man approached us.

''Afternoon Emory'' The older man greeted when he finally made it to us, His accent distinctly American and nothing like Emory's.

''Good afternoon uncle Samuel'' Emory greeted, Holding his hand out to shake the elderly man's offered hand.

I nervously stood as close to Emory's side as I could, Unsure how to feel about all of this.

My whole body tensed up as the older looking man glanced over towards me.

He had the same eyes as Emory, Dark brown with a hint of amber in them.

''So this is the kid you got paired with'' Samuel said, Making me wince slightly.

I'm not a kid. . .Does. . . Emory see me as one? Is that why this man's calling me a kid? Did Emory say I was just a kid?

I stared at the ground, A small frown forming on my face as I tugged my hand out of Emory's, Hugging myself slightly.

''Samuel, He is not a child, He is just small'' Was Emory's response, Making me blink in confusion.

What? But. . .I'm about shoulder height on Emory. . .I'm not that small. . .

''Well maybe if you fed him more he wouldn't look so much like a lanky little kid'' Samuel said boldly, Resting his hands on his hips as he spoke, Giving Emory a very stern look.

Before this could go any further, Another man came out of the nearby house, Making his way towards our little group.

''Samuel what are you doing? You better not be driving away your nephew'' The second man scolded in an. . .Interesting accent.

He had light blonde hair that seemed to tickle at his ears and a curly mustache that looked like something I'd expect to see on a musketeer.

I couldn't see his eyes thanks to the sunglasses he was wearing covering his eyes.

He was also wearing an oddly thick scarf, Hiding his entire neck.

''He's not taking care of his soulmate! Andre, He needs a good talking to-'' Samuel started to snap at the other man before said man, Andre, Just calmly covered Samuel's mouth.

''Go talk with him on your own then, You're scaring said 'uncared for' soulmate with all this shouting'' Andre scolded, Gesturing towards me as he spoke.

I felt my face heat up out of embarrassment as all three men's attention turned towards me.

Shrinking back, I slowly moved to hide behind Emory.

Emory nodded slowly before gently grabbing me by my shoulders, Moving out from behind me and setting me down before Andre.

''You have a point Andre, Aspen, I will be back'' Emory muttered before both he and Samuel headed off towards the barn without any further explanation.

Both Andre and I were silent for a good while before he lightly patted me on my shoulder.

''C'mon, Let's head inside and chat'' Andre said, Ushering me towards the nearby house.

I nervously hugged myself, My arms wrapped tightly around my middle as he led me inside and towards the kitchen.

''Go on and sit down, We can have a little chat and a snack while we wait for those two to sort themselves out'' Andre said happily as he opened the fridge, Pulling out two jars of some sort of desert.

Hesitantly, I sat down on one of the wooden benches pulled up next to the table.

Andre handed me one of the jars, Which contained a really sweet coffee smelling desert.

He grinned at me warmly when I hesitated slightly.

''Have you never had Tiramisu before?'' He questioned, Handing me a spoon as he spoke.

When I shook my head he shook his as well.

''That's the saddest thing I've heard all day. . .'' He muttered dramatically, Pulling a nervous smile from me before I took a bite of the dessert.

It was one of the best desserts I've had in a very very long time.

''So. . .What happened?'' Andre questioned gently, Making me pause as I slowly and hesitantly set the spoon down, Nervous.

''What. . .What do you mean?'' I questioned, Confused why he'd be asking what happened.

He smiled patently, String down at his dessert as he spoke.

''You see, Emory's family has been asking to meet you since last week when his mother found out about you, However, He only shows up today after a quick call'' Andre explained before glancing over at me.

''So. . .What happened?'' He questioned again, Taking a bite of his dessert as soon as he finished speaking.

Staring down at my jar, I shrugged slightly.

We kept quiet for a long long time before I ended up caving under his quiet silence.

''Emory's moving me to a different school. . .'' I muttered after a moment, Lightly poking at my portion of the dessert.

''Why's he doing that?'' Andre questioned as I nibbled hesitantly on another portion.

''Because. . .O-One of our soulmates goes to that school and he's. . .Not exactly the nicest. . .'' I whispered, Wincing slightly at the 'Nicest' part.

Andre hummed thoughtfully before patting my shoulder.

''Well then, He didn't bring you here to see Sam or I, C'mon, There's one more of us who might have some words of wisdom Emory wants you to hear'' Andre explained, Getting up as he spoke.

. . .Well that's. . .Scary. . .

------------------------------------------------

Mm, Things gonna get. . .Interesting. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen