Chapter 93: Relief

:D

------------------------------------------------------------

I had trailed behind Emory until he left the house, Making sure to quietly ask him to be safe before he could leave.

And just like that. . .I was left alone.

The storm ended not long after Emory left, The clouds had remained for a bit before clearing, Leaving a sunny, Cloudless sky.

I had spent the morning calling my friends and making sure they were okay.

Violet, Kelly, Sammy and Maxwell were all alright, Other than a few broken items around their yards, Everything was alright with the four of them.

A tree limb had broken through a portion of Charlie's family home, He and his family were okay though, He was staying with his partners while his parents and siblings were staying at a hotel until their home would be repaired.

Fall weather was not forgiving of broken windows. . .

Alexander's home got torn through by a tornado, He and his father suffered minor injuries and were staying with Violet and her foster family for a while until they could find a new place to stay at.

Nothing was left of their home. . .According to him though, Both of them were just glad they made it to the basement in time.

Other than that, They and their families were alright.

The seven of us chatted for a bit, Catching up and making sure we all were doing okay before Violet and the others had to get back to their families.

We wished each other farewell before ending the group call.

And like that. . .I was alone yet again. . .

Emory's house hadn't been damaged in the storm, But there were now a lot of tree branches in the yard.

So, I set about picking up the large sticks and branches from the yard to try and distract myself from the fact that Emory still wasn't home yet.

Logically I knew he should be okay. . .He was a trained professional after all, He knows how to keep himself and others safe.

Despite that, I was still worried that something would go wrong and he'd get hurt. . .

After multiple hours of waiting with no sign from Emory be it text, Call, Or visit, I decided to go for a walk, Having nothing else to do around the house that would keep me from going out of my mind.

The homes around where Emory lives were more or less intact, A few had branches through windows and planter pots completely smashed against walls.

But other than that, They were fairly okay. . .The further into town I got however, The less times that was the case. . .

Sirens wailed in the distance and the sounds of people shouting to each other filled their air. . .Babies cried somewhere, Dogs barked and older children could be heard calling out for their friends and or pets.

More than a few houses showed damage, One was even almost fully missing, Only one room still standing.

A tornado had torn through town, Leaving a path of destruction and misery in it's wake. . .

Cautiously, I made my way to my old school, Feeling an odd sense of morbid curiosity about it's fate. . .

It had fared the storm fairly well. . .A few windows were shattered but other than that, It was alright, Still standing strong.

A few teachers were milling about outside the school, Seemingly having not been told right off the bat that school had been canceled.

It's. . .Nice that they'd still come in to teach even after a storm as bad as this. . .At least a few of them are. . .

Daniel was standing a little ways back from the others, Chatting with someone who I was pretty sure was the principle.

He's okay. . .I'm. . .I'm glad to see that. . .

A small bit of relief bloomed in my heart now that I knew at least one of my soulmates was okay.

Channing should be safe as well. . .He lives in a big, Well protected home after all. . .

I turned, About to head back home when I was spotted by the cheerful blonde.

''Tre- Aspen? Aspen! Oh good! You're alright!'' I heard Daniel call out, Relief in his voice as I turned back to face him again.

He had finished speaking with the principle and was making his way over to me, Looking happy and a bit tired.

I gave him a small, Weary smile as he just beamed happily.

''How are you doing? Did you make it through the storm alright?. . .Oh! Did you make it home alright?? It was very cold out, You didn't get chilled did you?'' Daniel questioned, Speaking so very quickly.

I blinked a few times, My brain briefly struggling to keep up with the cheerful man.

''I-. . .Um. . .Y-Yeah, I'm doing alright. . .I uh. . .I got home okay'' I assured, More or less whispering the last part.

I felt a bit. . .Uncomfortable bringing up any mention of last night. . .In all honesty, I'd be perfectly happy if any memories of the past two days were just wiped from my brain.

Just let things go back to normal. . .

Daniel's smile faltered slightly at my visible discomfort before he seemingly forced it back into place.

''I'm so glad to hear that! I was quite worried, How have you been? You're going to a new school correct?'' He continued, Clearly trying to lift the mood between the two of us with conversation.

''Y-Yeah. . .It's a little ways away from this one. . .'' I supplied, Earning an interested and genuinely excited look from the other man.

''Oh! I think I know which one you're talking about! Is it A-'' Daniel started to ask before being abruptly interrupted by a car horn blaring from the street.

We both turned to watch as a man driving a fairly expensive and very shiny car pulled into the parking lot.

''Well now he doesn't look familiar. . .Seems in a rush though'' Daniel commented idly as said man got out of the car, A pissed look on his face.

As soon as he stepped out onto the sidewalk, The principle was falling over himself to speak with the mystery man.

''M-Mr. Wolf! What brings you her-'' Said principle tried to ask only to be cut off by the very pissed off 'Mr. Wolf'.

''What is the meaning of this? Why haven't you canceled school for the day? Do you wish for students and or teachers to leave their families after such a storm?'' Mr. Wolf demanded, Glaring at the now almost groveling principle.

''W-Well no, It just slipped our min-'' The principle tried to excuse before Mr. Wolf continued to berate him.

I had mostly tuned him out by now though, The mention of Channing's last name making me freeze up slightly.

Is he here? Will he be stepping out of the car next?. . .I. . .I don't want to see him. . .

Whispering a quiet 'goodbye' to Daniel, I fled back towards home. . .

Or well. . .Back to Emory's house. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------

They made it though okay :)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen