Act 2, Chapter 11: Touches

:) Time passes in fun ways when you're on (Medical) drugs. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was. . .Fairly sure a few days had passed while I was on the drugs. . .

Time, thoughts and awareness were all foreign concepts to me in this state, a blink could just be a blink, or I could open my eyes to see the sun had set despite having woken up seconds ago.

Emory was the only constant the entire time, ensuring I was fed and tended to, he was the first thing I saw when I woke and the last one I saw before the darkness claimed me.

Today. . .Was different though.

Waking up, I wasn't greeted by someone gently shaking me.

Wasn't greeted by the familiar scent of his brand of shampoo and soap, warmed by his skin. . .

Instead, I was greeted by the early morning sunlight filtering in through the window.

An artificial, but pleasant sense of calm so strong I felt it in my bones filled me, leaving me to just remain where I was, watching the sun rise.

The sun was almost fully over the horizon when the bedroom door opened, drawing my attention to Emory as he stepped inside, two plates with him, one in his hand and another balanced on his arm.

We made eye contact with each other, Emory blinking in surprise for a moment before a gentle smile formed on his face.

''Good morning Aspen'' He murmured warmly as he moved over to place the plates down on the bedside table.

''Mm Mornin' '' I mumbled out, my voice quieter than It's been before, a rougher edge to it from days of lack of use.

The man chuckled quietly as he watched the lazy smile I gave him.

''It is good to see you awake, are you feeling any better?'' Emory questioned equally quietly as he unlocked the cuff on my wrist, allowing me to slowly lower it back to my side.

''I feel. . .Distant? My body feels heavy too'' I whispered as he gently rubbed the faint red marks on my wrist left over from the cuffs.

''Yeah? Is it difficult for you to breath?'' He questioned softly, releasing me and allowing me to slowly sit up, my body barely responding to me.

I should probably be concerned. . .But I just feel. . .Okay.

When I shook my head, Emory just nodded slightly, seemingly thinking for a moment about something before shaking himself from his thoughts.

''You have gained a bit of weight, however you are still far from at a healthy one'' He murmured, gently running his hand down my side, making me shiver at the gentle contact over the shirt I was wearing.

I was wondering when he would touch me. . .

Every time I was awake, Emory would always find some reason to touch me, either gently holding me or scratching at my scalp. . .It was soothing. . .Grounding.

Nice.

A soft sigh left me as the man placed the plate on my lap, sitting down next to me.

''Do you wish to try and eat by yourself?'' Emory asked when I slowly started to reach towards the fork resting on the side of my plate.

Pursing my lips slightly, I slowly nodded, picking up the fork as I did so.

Emory watched me closely as, with a fair bit of effort, I picked up the fork and raised some of the fluffy scrambled eggs up to my lips, my hand shaking slightly the entire time with the effort.

They were lovely, tasty and cheesy with chunks of bacon in it.

A small, tiny little moan left me at the taste, my face flushing as Emory looked up at me, an eyebrow arched slightly.

''You like these?'' He questioned, reaching a hand out to rest on my thigh as he spoke, his hand large enough that his finger tips rested on my inner thigh.

He's so warm. . .

Nodding slightly, I watched as Emory hummed softly, nodding as well as he went back to eating, his unoccupied hand still resting on my thigh.

''We will have this more often then.'' He muttered simply, his grip on my thigh tightening as he gave me a gentle squeeze, his attention seemingly on his food.

I knew better though. . .He was watching me from the corner of his eye, making sure I actually ate my food.

By the time we both had finished our meals, I was a lot more alert than I had been over the last few days.

Emory was watching me with a critical gaze as I struggled to stand, my legs wobbly as I hadn't spent very much time up and active over the last few days.

He wasn't hovering thankfully. . .Getting ready for work as I did so, watching me closely but not stepping in, letting me try and do this by myself.

It took a moment for the jelly legs feeling to pass, but eventually, I made my way over to stand near the bathroom door, watching on as Emory shaved off his morning stubble.

I'm sure I'd feel a bit sad about that sight. . .If I wasn't so numb from the medicine.

He looked good with a five o'clock shadow on his face after all.

But. . .Well. . .It wasn't up to me to make these choices or to request anything from him. I left. I lost my relationship and now all I had was this. . .This weird. . .Caretaker relationship. . .

I didn't like it. . .But it didn't matter. It was my fault.

After Emory had finished washing his face and I had timidly brushed my teeth with him, he led me back out to the bedroom.

I fully expected him to confine me to the bed again when he guided me over to the soft piece of furniture, gently pushing me down until I was sitting on the edge of it.

Looking up at him, I fully expected to see him getting ready to cuff me to the bed again.

Instead, he rested his hands on my face, his fingers cupping my jaw as he did so.

He leaned in close, gently pressing a chaste kiss to my lips. . .

''You are doing so well sapling. . .I am so proud of you.'' Emory started, his hands drifting down my neck as he spoke, making me shiver as he gently ran his hands down my body.

''There is food already prepared in the fridge. . .You will not be confined to bed today so long as you promise to not harm yourself'' He continued, his hands holding onto my upper arms as he spoke.

My eyes widened slightly in surprise as he started to slowly run his hands back up to my face again. . .Essentially petting me as he spoke.

''I will stop by at noon so we can eat lunch together, alright?'' He finished, his hands back on my face as I nodded hesitantly.

''Good boy, now then, is there anything you need before I leave for work?'' H checked softly, his praise making my stomach flip.

Oh. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

:D Progress? Who fucking knows.

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen