Act 2, Chapter 10: Kisses

Fluff chapter??

-------------------------------------------------

A warm hand gently shook me from the dreamless sleep I had been in, followed instantly by a familiar, deep voice.

''Hey, it is time to wake up'' Emory murmured softly as I struggled to open my eyes.

I tried to reach a hand up to rub at my eyes only to be stopped by the handcuff restraining me to the bed.

''Hold still, I will get those off of you'' Emory soothed as I scrubbed at my eyes with my other hand, still struggling to open them.

My brain felt like it was melted and sloshing around in my skull.

I heard the cuffs click slightly as they unlocked, the fluff covered metal removed from my skin before Emory's fingers replaced them, gently rubbing at my wrist.

Finally, I managed to open an eye just a little bit, allowing me to stare up at my soulmate through my blurry vision.

I. . .Was pretty sure the other man frowned slightly upon seeing how I was acting. . .But I couldn't really be sure.

The hand that had been gently rubbing at my wrist moved to hold my face by my chin, tilting my head this way and that.

It's. . .Not very. . .Easy to think. . .

''That medicine is really doing a number on you'' Emory murmured softly as he gently lifted my eyelid with his thumb, making it easier to see the other man.

He was still in his uniform. . .Or at least I think he was? He was still blurry looking. . .

I watched on passively as he reached into his pocket with his other hand. . .Pulling out a flashlight.

''Look at me for a moment sapling'' He murmured, waiting for me to do so before carefully shining the flashlight in my eyes, checking how my pupils were reacting to light.

He was silent for a long moment after he finished checking my eyes, allowing me to close them yet again as he thought.

I was starting to drift off, my face resting in his hand when he proceeded to press a gentle kiss to my head.

''I have texted the good doctor, he has informed me that this can happen, especially with those not used to drugs at all'' Emory soothed, gently laying me back down onto the bed before slipping an arm under my legs and lower back, scooping me up bridal style.

As small squeak left me as I remained limp in his hold, my head lolling back into his chest as he carefully and slowly carried me down the stairs.

''Where are. . .We. . .'' I mumbled out, trying to ask the man holding me where we were going, my brain not wanting to work with me the entire time.

Why is everything so hard. . .

''We are at home'' Emory informed me softly, unfortunately not picking up on what I wanted to know.

He continued to carry me as I struggled to. . .Think or do anything.

Eventually though, I was set down on a familiar surface, Emory stepping back and walking away from where he had laid me on the couch as soon as I left his arms.

I listened quietly as the other man made a while lot of noise on the other side of the room.

Something metal clanked. . .There were a few thuds followed soon after by the soft sound of paper being crumpled.

Wonder what he's doing. . .

I was starting to drift back into sleep when the unmistakable sound of a match being lit reached my ears.

A moment later and there was a warm, quietly crackling fire burning across the room in the fireplace.

''The doctor said it should get better, you must rest for now though'' Emory informed me softly as the couch dipped slightly near my head, the other man sitting down on the couch as well.

''Okay'' I mumbled out as I was gently manhandled until my head was resting on my soulmate's lap, his hand idly scratching at my scalp as he picked up a book he had left nearby.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back as soon, I was out like a light all over again.

- - - Time skip - - -

Slowly, I came back into awareness to someone gently shaking me, followed by a soft kiss to my forehead.

''Come on now Sapling, you must wake, dinner is ready'' Emory murmured as I slowly opened my eyes, my body feeling way less weighed down now.

With my suddenly clearer mind, a fissure of shame ran through me at how kindly Emory had treated me. . .Carrying me downstairs to be with him. . .Lighting a fire to keep me warm. . .Even letting me lay on him as I went back to sleep!

He's always so kind to me. . .No matter what I do. . .And how do I reward him for his constant kindness? I run away from him. . .

Slowly, I pushed myself up as Emory got up as well, setting his book down on the small side table resting next to the couch.

I kept my eyes trained on the ground as Emory's hand moved to the small of my back, gently guiding me into the kitchen.

We both remained silent as Emory dished up some roast and mashed potatoes for the two of us, the smell making my mouth water. . .and my stomach turn. . .

I don't think I can eat this much. . .I don't want to upset him though. . .

Swallowing thickly, I waited until Emory took a bite of his meal before very tentatively taking a bite of mine, a small hum leaving me at the delicious taste and how easily it fell apart with a single bite.

A small, pleased smile twitched at Emory's lips at the soft sound that left me.

The two of us ate in silence until I couldn't eat anymore. . .Drawing Emory's attention towards my barely even half finished plate.

I could feel the thoughts running through his head as he watched me.

Not wishing to insult him, I tried to take another bite of food before freezing, stopped by Emory's hand on my wrist.

''Do not. You will not force yourself to eat more'' He scolded quietly, gently tugging my arm over towards himself as he spoke.

My eyes widened as he pressed a gentle kiss to the inside of my wrist before releasing me.

''We will get you your medicine in a moment, just sit and let the food settle'' He ordered as I trained my eyes on the table, my face warming.

why is he always so nice. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

:) May or may not have been going off of how I felt while on medicine to write this chapter

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen