Last Chapter 102

A/N: I think its becoming my norm that i apologize every time while posting new chapter ... so here it goes. I apologize for being very late. But i was very busy with work and had to travel to another city and really needed time to write this chapter ... you will see that i have tried to show every character, though some still left, but no worries. I will show them in Epilogues. 

-----------

New Year Party @ AR ---

She needs to take them off, this contraption called high heels. No doubt looks sexy, when you wanted to look one but later they just eat your feet. Khushi huffs as she passes through the crowd, looking for a quiet corner, she needs to sit down and take them off. Its just too much now. She have done her duty, she have mingled with the crowd, passed smiles and even laugh at others' jokes, though they were not that good. But she needed to keep the atmosphere good.

"Just few more minutes", murmurs Khushi as she went towards the corner table, luckily for her the surrounding ones were empty.

She sits down on the chair and quickly undone the straps of her heels and massages her feet. She feels better now. Loads better. She looks around the hall taking in the decoration done for the New Year's party. Red and Gold was the theme this time, and it looks good. Different color of roses adorns the tables and shiny gold and white stars hung from the ceiling. A huge space was left in the middle for the dance floor, at one end there was the live buffet, two sides had the sitting arrangement and the front of hall had a small stage, elevated two feet above the ground, where Arnav had given his welcoming speech 2 hours ago.

Khushi smiles and felt proud. She had done it. Before, Lavanya was in charge of every party thrown by AR, as she was not present this year, she had asked Khushi to take the responsibility of arranging one. Khushi was skeptical, she had asked Lavanya to choose someone else but she didn't trust anyone else to uphold the tradition of being classic yet extravagant with the party.

And if Khushi was honest to herself, she had enjoyed arranging the party, apart from her role as a team lead for the London Fashion show. Last few weeks went rather quickly, working on the designs and brainstorming. Sonia had backed off from her demeaning comments after that day when Khushi gave her the warning and the work went smoothly from there. And after Christmas Lavanya called and asked her to arrange the New Year party which was a sort of tradition since AR had established and Lavanya wanted to uphold it this year as well. So she and Khushi had corresponded back and forth through chats and video calls, finalizing the guest list, party theme, food menu and entertainment. And with the looks of things going Khushi can proudly said that she had been successful in throwing a good party.

Soon the clock will strike 12, beginning the New Year and she will go home. Speaking of home, she look around the hall for her husband and located him near the stage, with Akash and 2 other men, probably from their clientele. Khushi sighed as she recalls doing the first dance of the evening, after Arnav's speech. The way he smiled softly at her during twirling her on the dance floor, few touches on her back, rubbing his thumb in circular motion. Her breath always hitches when she catches the intensity in his eyes and not to forget the few stolen minutes away from crowd, where he had kissed her deeply and passionately. Her fingers went to her lips and she smiles remembering the texture and feel of his lips on hers. He may not tell her in words often but his actions speak of his love, passion and emotions. And he is not only getting more open in showing emotions with her but he is getting more open with his son as well. She recalls some moments from the past few weeks ....

Some flashbacks of previous days ...

Khushi passed Annie on the stairs who was going for lunch and Khushi move towards Arnav's cabin. Very slowly she opened the cabin door, keeping in mind not to make noise in case Arush is sleeping. And the sight that greeted her was anything but normal. Arnav and Arush both were on floor, lying on their stomach, probed up on their elbows. Arnav's coat was discarded on the sofa and sleeves were rolled up to elbows. Few books and toys were scattered around them.