Epilogue - C (Part-01)

Hello readers, hope you all are doing good and keeping safe.

Sorry for the long delay in the update, you guys may know by now that "Wattpad" was not working in my country, Pakistan. So i was not able to open the website, nor the mobile app. I  asked my friend Sri to convey my message on her conversation board so that you guys know the reason in delay. I was waiting for this issue to get resolve, but I don't think it will be any time sooon. I tried VPNs but then got virus in my laptop, thats why it took me time come with solution and just today my colleague helped with proxy today so now after coming home I open this website and now posting the Epilogue here.

I posted Epilogue on my blog too, you can read it there ... I guess many have already read it. But incase others haven't ... you can read here.  :)

Now Continuing with the Epilogue ....

=

=

---- August 2014 - USA – Harvard University

Nostalgia hit him hard as he stood infront of the red bricked building; the place where he had spent 3-4 years of his life, some of the best times included this place. Just then he felt someone taking his hand. He looked to his right and blinked at his wife.

"Its going to be ok Arnavji", said Khushi as she squeezes his hand, "We won't be staying for long. I promise".

Arnav nodded his head as he squeezes her hand back. They both move forward on the dirt path leading to the building. Memories flashes through his mind, him walking the same path with his friends, Yuvraj, Lukas and Ellen. Studying in class, going out for drinks and dinner, celebrating the end of exams, meeting Rohan and Tania.

He shakes his head; he doesn't want to think about Tania ... it still makes him angry.

He does not want to attend the alumni, he knew he would be bombarded with the memories, but Khushi insisted him to come. She wants him to overcome this anger, the feeling of hurt and despair which come to him when he thinks of his friends. They had hurt him with their words and then abandon him, blaming him for situations which lead to Tania's death. Though they all had apologized to him many times, sending him emails and messages through Rohan but He didn't attend their call neither replied to their emails or messages. Khushi had talked to Yuvraj and his fiancé Anika few times and she too told him that they all are very ashamed on their behavior and want to rekindle their friendship with him.

He had said to Khushi many times that he doesn't care but that was a lie. He did care. Even back then when they had hurt him and even now when they wanted to talk to him. He just didn't know what would he say to them, too much time has passed. He did think of them here and there and even checked on their life through internet. But he just couldn't bring himself to talk to them. So Khushi insisted him to come here, to try and see if he could talk to them. If after meeting them, hearing their apology, their remorse, he didn't want to do anything with them, then Khushi would never talk about his friends to him, nor will she insist him to consider talking or meeting them. But somewhere in his heart he wanted to meet his friends, to see where they are in their life now, some part of him wanted to bring those times back when all was good and friendly between them all.

Arnav and Khushi went inside the building and were greeted by a representative who guided them to the auditorium hall where the 10th Alumni Reunion was being held of Arnav's batch year.

"Arnav Singh Raizada", he spoke his name to the lady standing at the front of the opened double doors to a big hall.
"Here", she gives a badge and Arnav attached it to the lapel of his coat.
"Wow ...", said Khushi as they entered the big hall, decorated with flowers and ribbons and a big chandelier lit in the middle of the ceiling.