CHAPTER 69

Next day - Friday Evening -----------------------

Khushi was tapping her foot, she just wanted to go away, into her room or terrace, so that she could call or message Arnav. Khushi had received his message 20 minutes ago that they had reached Luckhnow and headed to Hotel. She was typing the reply when she heard her name called out in an angry tone. She looked up to see her Dadi giving her angry looks and her Amma was watching her with concern. Dadi had then passed a taunting comment that how she does not respect the family time and always glue to her cell. She apologize quickly, not that she was afraid of her Dadi but she didn't wanted her Dadi to remark her mother on her upbringing, which her Dadi usually does when Khushi doesn't listen to her or ignore her scolding or not do the things traditionally as its expected from the females of Guptas to be well behaved.

Guptas were not a very big name in Lucknow, but not small either. They come under the category of highly respectable family, deeply rooted with their traditions and culture and mostly known for their sweet business. Even with changing time, they didn't let go of their old values like, daughters are not allowed to go for higher educations, should not mingle with opposite gender freely, cannot select their life partner. All decisions will be taken by elders in the family.

Shashi was the only one in his family who went against it and supported his daughters for higher education receiving disapproving comments from family and relatives. But he knew his daughters wished for this and with changing environment and time it's necessary. He cannot let their life get affected by their relatives taunts and comments as they did the same when he brought a 10 year old, scared and alone Khushi. His mother straightly refused to give that girl their family name and was against to adopt her. But Shashi just cannot let go of that sweet little, innocent and cute girl, who clutched to him like her life depended on him.

So going against his mother he adopted Khushi giving her the family name. His mother was very furious with this and thus never accepted Khushi as her own. But she cannot do anything as she did not want to lose her son. But seeing his mother's behavior towards Khushi, Shashi decided to move to another city, where his daughter can grow up without getting feared or intimidated. And that step had turned his mother's anger into deep disliking for Khushi as she blamed her for this, her son moving away from her.

From time to time Shashi made his mother understand that it's not right to stop daughters from studying further and fully supported his elder brother's daughter, when she requested to let her study further. Although his mother was not ready for this change but she didn't want her other son to move away from her as well, so she reluctantly agree. But she was still coming to the terms of Shashi's daughters doing job and selecting groom themselves.

"That's why I say that daughters should stay at home, when you give them more rein they seems to get out of hand and forget about values.", said Dadi giving angry looks to Khushi as she was not liking Khushi glue to her cell phone and typing on it.

"Oh Amma let it be, time is changing rapidly, we cannot keep our children tie to us all the time", said Shashi in a cool voice, looking at his daughter fondly. Khushi smiles at her father and dismisses her Dadi's words like always.

Payal saw her restlessness and understood that she wants to talk to Arnav, so she engaged her Dadi in conversation, gesturing Khushi with eyes to go. Khushi pass a thankful smile to her Jiji and move from there, receiving disapproving looks from her Chachis and her cousins. She quickly went to room allocated to her and closes the door.

She wanted to go from here as soon as possible ... so many restrictions and disapproving looks making her highly irritated and uncomfortable.

She dials Arnav's number, which was picked by him after two rings.