CHAPTER 38

-------------------- Around 6.45 @ RM

Khushi was crossing the porch when she saw the front door of RM opens and a doctor comes out. Khushi looked at him and both just smile each other in a greeting way. The doctor walk past her and she went to the front door. She places her hand on door to open it when her mind register that a doctor came to RM ... she hurriedly went inside thinking that what if Nani is unwell, as she is the old lady.

Khushi went towards the living room and saw Nani and Mami sitting on sofa engrossed in some talks. Nani smiled when she saw Khushi coming near her. "Arey Khushi Bitya...", said Nani in a greeting way.

"Naniji are you alright ...what happened? Are you ill?", asked Khushi as she sits on the sofa beside Nani and takes her hands. Nani was surprised at her question and so was Mami.

"Haiinn Sasuma you are unwellzz?", asked Mami and Nani looked at her in stern manner.

"Manorma  I am perfectly well ... (she turns to Khushi) Bitya I am fine ... nothing happened", said Nani with a smile.

"Then what the doctor was doing here? ... I just saw him go", said Khushi.

"Arey .. oh doctaar ... he comezz to see our Arush baba", said Mami and Khushi got alarmed.

"What ...? What happened to him?", asked Khushi as her heart thudded for the baby.

"Oh he got ill with fevaar na ... poor baba", said Mami with sad face.

"what?? He was ill and I didn't knew", said Khushi in a low voice.

"Arey bitya ... don't worry. He is absolutely fine now. Shobah ji took great care of him and also Chottey", said Nani assuring Khushi. But Khushi's heart wasn't satisfied and she stood up.

"Nani I will go and see him", said Khushi and move towards the stairs.

Why didn't anyone tell me about Arush ... even Arnavji didn't tell me that he was ill, thought Khushi as she climb up the stairs. She went into Anjali's room and saw Shobah trying to make Arush quite down as he was making some irritating sound.

"baba please sleep", said Shobah as she tap Arush's shoulder lovingly as Arush was laying on the bed.

"aahh naaa", Arush make a sound and tried to sit up. Khushi move forward and pick up Arush. Just when Arush saw her he made a crying sound and grabs Khushi's shirt "Mammmaaa".

"Shhsshh my baby", Khushi put his head on her shoulders and started to tap his back lovingly. "Mama is here now ...Sshhhssshh". Shobah looked on smilingly.
After few seconds Arush quite down. Khushi lay him in her arms and sits on bed. She saw Arush's eyes were drooping so she started to hmm the song lightly. Arush garbs her shirt in one hand and face towards her chest. Khushi sway him while humming the song. Soon Arush was asleep in the warmth of Khushi's arms.

"Its good that you are here ... I was having trouble in making him sleep and look now he slept in your arms just like that", said Shobah with a smile. Khushi smiled in return she put her hand on Arush's forehead to check for fever but find none. Shobah understood her gesture and said, "Don't worry he is fine now ... he got fever 3 days ago".

"3 days ago?", said Khushi a little shock, "why didn't anybody tell me?".

"I asked ASR sir once to call you when 2 days ago he was having trouble sleeping and he cried a lot. I was with him all the time as Anjali ji is also not here so I am also staying nights but still I couldn't make him sleep. Then ASR sir took him and he made him sleep ... it was good to see him with Arush baba. He took good care of him that's why his fever got down within a day ... he was just having trouble while sleeping ... I thought he would call you", said Shobah surprised herself at Arnav's concern towards Arush.