Prologue

14th January, 2012 (Saturday) ... Present Scenario

"Chotey, where are you going?" Asked Anjali, who saw Arnav climbing down the stairs dressed in 3 piece suit.

"I am going to office, Di", said Arnav.

"Mein ne tum ko mana kia the k aj k din tum kahin nahi jao gey (I forbid you not to go anywhere on this day). Didn't I tell you that yesterday?", said Anjali, now getting irritated with her brother's behavior.

"And I told you I can't stay" said Arnav again. Who is now standing right in front of his sister in living room.

"Why? Why can't you stay? Kum uz kum aj k din toh aisa na karo (At least don't do this today). He needs you", said Anjali rather sadly.

"He doesn't need me. He got you and everyone else to be with" Arnav said irritated.

"Of course he needs you for God Sake, he is your son", said Anjali angrily.

"HE IS NOT MY SON" said Arnav angrily.

"Keh dainey se sachayi nahi badalti hai chotey" said Nani sternly. "Aur yeh app bhi acha terhan jantey hein k Arush ap hi ka beta hai". (The truth doesn't change if you say other wise. And you know it well that Arush is your son).

She looked down at the 1 year old boy who was sitting in her lap holding his toy car and looking at his father intently.

He knew he can't back answer his Nani, he respects her too much,"Whatever, I don't want to discuss it again and again. Hum pehley bhi is barey mein kayi bar argue ker chukey hain (We have argued on this matter so many time before). Its enough now", said Arnav and turns to move toward the main door.

But Anjali put her hand on his shoulder and said, "Hum bhi yehi keh rahe chotey k bus kijiye, bhut ho gaya hai. Kub tuk tum Arush ko ignore karo gey, aj k din toh usk sath time spend kerlo, aj uska birthday hai. (And i am saying the same Chottey, stopt it, its enough now. For how long are you going to ignore Arush. At least spend sometime with him today, its is birthday after all)

"I don't care if its his birthday" said Arnav looking at Arush without any emotion. "He has you. He will happily spend his birthday with you. Do whatever you want, you want to celebrate his birthday, you celebrate it. I don't want to do anything with him".

"Itni nafrat mut kijiye chotey (Don't hate him so much Chottey). Whatever happened, its not his fault, he is innocent. You need to forget the past and move on", said Anjali ... worried for her brother.

Arnav knew where this discussion is heading now and he doesn't want it. "Di please stop it. Arnav said angrily. "I told you many times before and now I am telling you once again, I am not going to get married again", He said in a little loud voice this time. "I don't need anyone in my life, I am happy the way I am". With that he turns around and left for office.

Akash who was a silent spectator to this comes toward Anjali and lovingly holds her shoulders and say, "Don't worry Di, he will come around one day, give him some time".

"How much time does he needs? Its been 2 years now. Why can't he forget what Tania did? And move on with his life" said Anjali sadly and softly so that Nani doesn't hear it.

"Its not easy to forget that, we all know that, He is deeply hurt, she was his best friend. It will take time Di", said Akash and make her sit down beside Nani.

Anjali understands whatever happened in past has made Arnav like this but she couldn't get the fact that why is he distancing himself from his son, because of the mistake which is done by someone else. She takes Arush in her lap. She notices that Arush's eyes are wet like he is about to cry. Its like he knew his father's hatred towards him.