CHAPTER 65

Next day - Saturday - Around 11 am

Garima sighed as she put the phone back and turns around to face her husband.

"What did Maa ji say?", asked Shashi.

"Well she is angry for sure, she asked if we have chosen the boy but when I told her it was Khushi's choice she didn't like it. She said that we don't respect the traditions of our family .. it should be us selecting the boy for her ... and that Khushi might have been having affair with that boy behind our back long before we knew it. I told her its not like that but she is having her own assumptions about Arnav bitwa and Khushi", said Garima sadly.

Payal who was also present there didn't like what Garima had said, "How can Dadi think like that? Amma whats wrong in selecting your life partner yourself? And we all know that how Arnavji is ... how much he loves our Khushi ... if not for him we might have lost our Khushi long back ... he saved her life risking his own".

"Yes we all know that Bitya but you know na what thoughts our family have regarding love marriages", said Garima.

"Doing love marriage is not a crime Amma, everyone have the right to choose a partner for him or her ... its us who has to spend the whole life with that person not Dadi or others", said Payal in irritation.

"Payal", Shashi gesture her to calm down, "We are not against Khushi's choice or this marriage. I know that Khushi bitya will be happy only with Arnav bitwa. And I also know that how much those two love each other ... so relax ... no one is stopping this wedding", said Shashi and then he look at his wife, "Have you talked to Jiji?".

"Yes she called me in the morning that she will be going to Arnav bitwa's home today to talk with Deviyani ji about going to Luckhnow", replied Garima.

"Ok lets see then what happens", said Shashi.

"And what if, after all this Dadi still refuse to come for the wedding? Then what?", asked Payal and Shashi got lost in thoughts with this question ... he loves his mother ... but he loves his daughter too.

-----------  Around 1 pm ...

Khushi clicks her tongue in disappointment when Anjali told her that Arnav is at office, working even on weekend. She was thinking to spend some time with him or may be go out with him. Its been a week since their engagement and they didn't get much time to spend, except for the few 2, 3 hours yesterday.

But her mind diverted from Arnav when Buaji started the discussion about how her Dadi wants to meet the groom and his family and about the Shagun Rasam. Nani and Anjali passed a worried glance when Buaji asked if they can go to Luckhnow for it. Anjali had said the same thing which Khushi had told her Buaji earlier that Arnav would never agree to go to Luckhnow. Buaji got dejected hearing this but Nani assured her that she will talk to Arnav and will try to make him understand. Nani had asked Buaji to stay here for lunch as she wanted to discuss some other things regarding the wedding.

---------------------

Akash had just finished his meeting, and he was happy to sign two financers for AR. One was a big event company (who wanted to work with AR sponsoring their events) and other was footwear brand (who wanted AR to use and showcase their products in their fashion show or other projects). The paper work was left ... but he will do it later ... right now he wanted to do the thing for which he had agreed to come here (Mumbai) on the first place.

He sends a message to Payal asking to join him for lunch if she was free. 10 minutes later he was grinning like a boy when Payal replied in affirmative.

-----------------------

"Hey gummy bear how are you? And How is Aunty now?", asked Khushi when NK picked the call.