CHAPTER 42

Same day @ India - In noon - CBI Office

"Where is Mr. Raizada? I thought he will be coming with you this time?", asked Vikrant as he saw only Aman entering his office.

"ASR is in London due to some work. He is in flight as we speak. He will be here tonight, but for now tell me what you have find out?", said Aman as he took the seat opposite to Vikrant.

Vikrant didn't probe further as he knew by now that Aman was known as ASR's right hand man and a very trust-able person so he began to explain what he had find out. "You were right ... it was indeed Kushal and Ajay Malik who was behind all the incidents. It was Ajay who was in that studio room where he cut the rope of light and he was same man you pointed out in that video where he wrote the message on Mr. Raizada's car. And yes it was their men who attacked your factory and burned it using alcohol bottles", said Vikrant. Aman got worried thinking that his hunch had turned out to be accurate. Some where he was wishing that it could not be them, because if they are, then it would mean digging up the past, which ASR hates to the core.

"I had given their pictures to my team to find out their location and they reported to me that they are living in the area which is famous for crime people's hide out. We have raided the same area few times before. I had placed my two men in their surroundings disguise as their men ... they had given me all this info. Plus they also told me that they are planning something else too but they couldn't find out exactly what. As of now they are trying to get close to Kushal and Ajay to know what they are planning next", said Vikrant.

"So why can't you arrest them?", asked Aman.

"that's why I was asking to meet with Mr. Raizada. We can arrest Ajay as we have video footage against him but still his face cannot be seen clearly, his lawyer or whatever can point that thing out and we cannot arrest Kushal. Even if we try to accuse him being partner with Ajay he can easily deny because we didn't have any solid proof against him. Also if we arrest Ajay then probably Kushal will go into hiding and then later on carry out his next plan to harm Mr. Raizada. Thats what I wanted to discuss with him that does he want to go ahead with the arrest of Ajay? or should we wait to know their next plan against Mr. Raizada. I will suggest you to wait for their next plan ... it will be much better if we catch them red handed ... that way they can't even think to escape from us", said Vikrant explain all the things to Aman.

Aman thought what to do ... this matter surely require ASR's presence. The final decision would be his. "I will arrange your meeting with ASR as soon as I can ... thank you for all your help Mr. Vikrant", said Aman as he stood up to go.

"Yes I would like that ... the sooner we decide, then sooner we can take actions", said Vikrant as he shake hands with Aman ... Aman just nodded his head ... finding him still worried Vikrant tried to assure him. "Don't worry Mr. Aman ... we will get them for sure. They won't be able to harm Mr. Raizada and his family.

"Yes I hope so too", said Aman and left from there thinking that this matter is way more serious than it seems. He just hope that Arnav doesn't loses his control when he get to know about the real culprits.

Next day - Tuesday @ AR office - Around 11am

Arnav closes his eyes as he leans back in his chair ... he had just finished a video call with one of his clients. He was busy in work since the time he had come to the office. One day late he came and his work piles up ... he wonders sometime what will happen if he have to go away for a long time. His company just cannot manage without him even for a day. It is a good thing but at the same time frustrating too. He sighed ... he won't be getting any time to be with Khushi. He thought as he recollects his schedule of today which Annie had given him this morning. He is missing her presence. The last time he had seen her was when he had dropped Khushi to her home yesterday night when they got back to India ... even then they didn't talk much as both were very tired. And now it seems like ages that he had been with her. His thought process broke when he heard a knock.