CHAPTER 55

After a moment they broke the kiss, Arnav touched his forehead with hers and Khushi cupped his cheeks and stroke it with her thumbs.Both were panting and needed time to calm their breaths. When their breath got normal Arnav lifted his head and look at her ... Khushi shyly smile at him ... she try to move back but Arnav didn't let her budge ... Khushi thought he wanted to kiss her again ... she got more shy but then get surprised when Arnav pick her up in his arms and without saying anything he went out of the hall.

"Arnavji what are you doing?", said Khushi as she tugs his shirt, "Put me down, you will hurt your shoulder", as she wiggles his arms.

"Khushi, stop", said Arnav as she stopped and he look down at her sternly, "My shoulder is fine".

"But Arnavji, you said yourself, it pains you sometime", said Khushi with worry, "And i don't want it to get more ...", Khushi was saying when Arnav cut her, "Khushi .... Stop. I said, I am fine."

Khushi look at his face and found him serious, she wonders what happened, nevertheless she didn't say anything else and Arnav look at her with intense gaze which made Khushi blush and little scared too. Arnav look down the stairs so that he doesn't slip or step up on candles ... he slowly descended the stairs and move towards his bedroom. His shoulder started to pain a little but he was liking Khushi is his arms like this.

Khushi got alerted when they enter the bedroom. Her mind was racing with thoughts, Does Arnav want to take their relationship ahead? Is she ready? Should she stop him? What if he doesn't stop? Or does she really want to stop him or she too want to go ahead with their relation? ... her heart started to thud fast thinking all this.

Her trance broke when she felt herself being put on bed. Arnav slowly make her sit on bed and move back. Khushi got confuse that why he moved back and what exactly he wanted to do ... both of them have not said a single word till now.

Arnav went to his cupboard and takes something out. He then came back to Khushi keeping one hand behind his back so that Khushi could not see what he is holding. Arnav crouch down on his knees in front of Khushi who got startled to see him sitting on floor on his knees like that.

"Arnavji ... what are you doing?", asked Khushi tugging his shoulder asking him to get up.

Arnav took her hand in his free hand and press it lightly, "Khushi I want to tell you something" in serious tone. Khushi nodded her head telling him that she is listening.

"Khushi I know it will be a shock for you but I want to tell you this that I too came to know about it few days go ... I would have told you but then that incident happened and after that we have to took care of that man", said Arnav gritting his teeth. Khushi knew he was talking about Kushal so she put her other hand on his and squeeze it.

Arnav took Khushi hand and place it on his chest near heart, "Now after every danger is gone, I want to tell you everything. I don't want any lies or things hidden in our relationship as now it will bloom ahead", said Arnav with utmost honesty and concern.

Khushi noded her head with a smile agreeing with him, "What is it Arnavji ... is everything ok?", said Khushi cupping his cheek with other hand.

"Khushi you remember once I asked you about the locket you are wearing?", said Arnav. Khushi frown thinking why he is talking about her locket?

"Yes ... but why are you talking about it?", asked Khushi.

"You told me that a boy gave you that locket on the day of your parent's accident. You were sitting alone on a bench in the hospital. You were wearing red and white shalwar Kameez ... you thought that you parents were sleeping and they are not waking up as they are upset with you and that boy assured you that your parents can never get upset with you ... you were scared as you were never alone before and you started to cry ... then that boy gave his locket to you to assure you that it will protect you ... only then you smiled and stopped crying", said Arnav.