CHAPTER 35

-------------- 5th May - Saturday @ RM - Wedding Day

It was around 10.00am when Khushi enters Shantivan balancing a big thal in her hands which was covered with red cloth. As she walks towards the front door, she could see workers decorating a mandap in the middle of the lawn. She step inside with the thal and move towards the living room. She saw Nani and Mami wrapping gifts.

"Namaste Naniji ... kaisi hain app?(Hello Naniji ... how are you?)", said Khushi with a smile.

"Arey Khushi ... hum thek ... ap sunye? (Oh Khushi ... I am fine ... you tell?)", said Nani putting a wrap around box.

"Ek dum fit (All fit and Fine)", said Khushi and come close to them.

"Eh thal? ... ka ha is redz clothwa ka nechey? (this basket ... what is under this red cloth?)", said Mamiji trying to peek on the thal.

"Anjali ji ka shaadi ka jotra aur gehne (Anjali's wedding dress and jewelleries)", said Khushi putting the thal on table.

"Arey wah ... dekhao dekhao (Oh wow ... show show)", said Mami ji standing from her place.

"Arey nahi Mamiji ... Subse pehley Anjali ji daikhain gi (Oh no Mamiji ... first Anjali ji will see it)", said Khushi putting her hand on red cloth so that Mamiji could not remove it.

"Eh ka baat hui .. hum kion nahi daikh sakhat (What is this ..? why can't I see this?)", said Mamiji making an annoyed face.

"Arey Mamiji ... ap daikh sakhti hein but pehla huq toh dulhan ka hota ha na (Oh Mamiji ... you can see it but the first right is of the bride na)", said Khushi looking at Nani.

"Bilkul sahi kahat rahi hai Khushi bitya ... Pehley Anjali hi daikhi gi phir ap daikh lena na Manorma (Khushi bitya is absolutely right ... First Anjali will see it then you see it Manorma)", said Naniji

"Manorma no wait ... Khushi bitya you comes with me ... Hum abhi Anjali bitya k pass chalet hein (we will go to Anjali bitya right now)", said Mamiji ordering Khushi.

"yes Mamiji", said Khushi saluting Mamiji. Nani shakes her head, Mami moves towards the stairs and Khushi follows while looking back at Nani and giving her a smile.

------------------------------------------------

Khushi and Mamiji were near the door when they heard loud voice of Arnav.

"hain Arnav bitwa phir gussey mein ... aisa kia hui raha hai (Oh Arnav Bitwa again in anger ... what is happening?)", said Mamiji and enter the room and Khushi follows curious to know why Arnav is angry.

"Di when I say NO ... then it means NO ... and Jiju promised me that you will stay here.", said Arnav in a loud voice while suppressing his anger and turn to go but stopped seeing Khushi and Mamiji standing near the door. He fists his hands to regain control over his anger and storms pass them and went to his room.

"ka hua Anjali Bitya ... yeh Arnav btiwa angrya kion gaye? (What happened Anjali Bitya ... Why Arnav bitwa got Angry?)", asked Mamiji coming to Anjali who was looking sad.

"Nothing Mamiji ... I just asked him something and he denied as usual", said Anjali folding her clothes.

Khushi put the thal on bed and saw Arush sleeping in his cot. She sat on the bed and held Anjali's hand.

"Bataye na ... kia baat hui hai ... Aj k din to ap ko udaas nahi hona chahiye (please tell ... whats the matter ... you shouldn't be sad today)", said Khushi.

"Khushi ... its just that when Rahul proposed me Arnav was reluctant about the whole engagement as he thought that I will leave him like Mama. Then Rahul made a promise to him that after our marriage we will stay here at RM ... I didn't want Rahul to face peoples taunt about being Ghar jamai ... but Rahul said it does not affect him. So I thought to talk again with Arnav ... thinking that he might have changed hi mind and I can live with Rahul in his home but he didn't agree ... (Anjali sighed) well I don't even know why I asked ... I thought he might agree seeing his good mood these days ... but I am wrong", said Anjali and pick up her clothes and went to cupboard.