CHAPTER 15

Saturday - @ AR ... 8.30 am

Khushi was arranging the files in Arnav's Cabin. She came here early around 7.30am. She wanted to finish her work as soon as possible so that she can go home on time. She was very tired, her eyes were burning due to lack of sleep, and her shoulders were aching due to constant sitting infront of laptop. The presentation and report took her all night, as she was already tired due to the hectic day that's why she worked little slow last night.

Soon the cabin door open and Arnav came in, he saw Khushi standing near his table looking beautiful in simple white churidar and kurta, her hair was in a loose pony. Few strands of hair were falling on her face. She look a bit pale, but still very beautiful.

Khushi suddenly feel the goose bumps on her skin, she knew very well why it happens and because of whom, so she looked up ahead and saw Arnav staring at her. He was looking handsome in his black 3 piece with brown shirt.

"Good morning Sir", Khushi said with a little smile.

Arnav can sense tiredness in her voice, her eyes were red too, may be due to lack of sleep. Suddenly he felt guilty of making Khushi doing that work; he knew that work will take all night. He was satisfied when he gave her the work to make her restless as he was but now he felt bad seeing her messed up condition. He moves toward his chair. Put the laptop bag on the table and said, "Is the presentation ready?", while taking his coat off and put it on chair.

"Yes Sir, I have already email it to you", Khushi said while taking a file and handed it to Arnav. "The report is ready as well with all the points to be cleared with client", she further added. Arnav take the file, sit on the chair and flip through the pages, "hmmm ' that's good.", he said.

"Ok I will leave for the meeting, till then you prepare the report for another meeting that is at 12.00 and make copies for the clients as well ... the meeting will be here in my cabin", with that Arnav stood up from the chair and head out for conference room to attend the meeting.

Khushi moves to her desk and started preparing the report, she was finished by 11.00 am, she took the report and its copies and went to Arnav's cabin. She put the main file infront of Arnav's chair and other copies on the opposite sides. Her shoulders were aching badly now, she saw the sofa and thought to sit on it for a while to relax her shoulders. She sat on the sofa and groan a little when her aching shoulder came in contact with the softness of the sofa; soon she went to sleep without acknowledging as she was dead tired.

Arnav enter his cabin 20 minutes later, he put the file on the table and went to his chair, that's when his eyes caught Khushi's sleeping form. He was surprised to see Khushi sleeping on sofa, he went near her. She was resting her head on Sofa's head back and leaned a little toward her right, her face had a slight frown due to the uncomfortable position. He kneeled down beside her and just stares at her face.

She looks so clam and serene, so beautiful. He was surprise at his own thought, how a woman can be so simple yet beautiful. He work with models and women around the clock day and night, they use makeup all the time to look beautiful, wear modern and short dresses so that they can show off their assets, they always try to impress opposite sex, try different technique to gain his attention as well. But this lady sleeping infront, of him is so different from all the other women he had met. No makeup, no modern dresses but still very beautiful. She hadn't done anything yet which shows that she is trying to impress him, she did brought flowers for him but that was only to say thank you. After that she had completely ignored him. His thought process broke when Khushi made a little whimper sound and shifts her head for a more comfortable position.

Arnav looked at his watch, its around 11.30 am now, clients will be here in few minutes. He doesn't want to disturb Khushi as he knew she must be really tired and also he doesn't want anyone to see Khushi like this. So he bends down and picks her up gently in his arms.