CHAPTER 90

Next day ---- After breakfast

"3 weeks?", said Khushi with surprised shock when Arnav told her he has planned for 3 week long honeymoon.

"Yeah, but it can be extended", said Arnav with a smile as he held her hands, "You know we have a fashion show in Italy in 1st week of November, so I thought we can attend that too".

"But 3 weeks are too long Arnavji and you don't want to take Arush, he won't stay that long without me", said Khushi as she pull her hands away.

"I didn't say we won't take him for the whole 3 weeks, just the first week, I want to spend first few days only with you, then we can come back here and take him with us", said Arnav as he held her shoulders.

"No Arnavji, it is not fair. Why can't we take him with us?", said Khushi.

Arnav pressed his lips in annoyance, "Because it's our honeymoon Khushi. I just want few days alone with you, I want your whole attention. Is it too much to ask?".

Khushi bit her lips thinking, 3 week long honeymoon, away from home and upon that Arush won't be with them for the 1st week. She remember how Arush got fever when they went to Paris and how he was missing his mama. And when she went to Luckhnow, how cranky he was, not sleeping and all that. Then her mother's words rang in her ears, how she is a Raizada bahu now and she has to think of the family and society too. Nani's friend Asha was planning for a satsang this Saturday and especially requested her to attend and she agreed. And then there were other invites from Arnav's associates of dinners. What will they all say if she was away from home for 3 weeks or may be more?

"Khushi, why are you thinking so much about it? Its just 3 weeks, believe me ... the time will pass so quick that we won't even know it", said Arnav.

"Arnavji, why 3 weeks? Why can't we go for a week only? You know People usually go for just few days or a week for honeymoon", said Khushi averting her eyes, "What will others say? That we are enjoying away from home and don't care about family. Anjali Di went for a week only and I have some duties towards the house".

"What?", said Arnav confuse and irritated, "from where family come in all of this?".

Khushi closes her eyes for a second and then grabs his arm, "Arnavji please try to understand. We just got married and it won't look good if we go away for a month and leave Arush behind. I don't want others to remark that we don't care about Arush or that I am neglecting my duties towards this family and house".

"Seriously Khushi?", said Arnav as he jerk her hand away, "You think about others ... what they will say or think? What about me? What about what I want?", his tone got louder.

"Shshh Arush is sleeping", said Khushi looking towards the crib where Arush was sleeping. He had woken twice in the night, that's why he was still sleeping and Khushi didn't want him to wake up, because then he will get cranky.

"Arnavji I am not denying to go with you, I am just saying we should reduce the days to a week only", said Khushi as she try to hold him but Arnav move a step back.

"No. I want to go for 3 weeks or may be month and we will take Arush with us after few days and I don't care what people say", said Arnav in anger.

"Arnavji, why are you not understanding it ... I don't ...", Khushi was saying when Arnav cut her.

"Khushi you are not understanding it. I have been patient since the wedding date is fixed. I wanted to marry you quick but Nani fixed the date of 2 months later, and in between we couldn't spend time properly and I respected our elders' wishes. I wanted a short & simple wedding but Di wanted to do it her way and I respected her wishes, I have done all the rituals and rasams. Hell I even went to Luckhnow because your Dadi wanted to do the Shagun rasam, so I respected her wishes as well", said Arnav waving his hand in air, "I have done everything what our elders wanted and now I want to spend few days with you alone, away from home, away from everyone, so what is wrong in that?", his tone angry and eyes intense.