chapter 8

"clary.......come on we've gotta go."simon says making clary slowly turn and look at him."you too gracie." he says making me shake my head.

"im not going anywhere simon." i mutter glancing at jace out of the corner of my eye. 

clary sighs and looks at simon sadly.

"simon....i think jace can help us." she says fully turning to him now. she reachs a hand out and holds simons hand looking into his eyes.

suddenly sirens can be heard and it sounds like there close.

my eyes widen and i look at jace worriedly. he nods and he starts to walk off making me glance at clary and simon following jace slwoly.

"clary." i say making her look at me quickly. 

"What? "simon asks pulling both our attentions back to him.

"Come on."clary says sotly pulling simon along with her as she walks towards us.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try...-"simon goes to say but jace cuts him off.

i can feel the tension from him. he cleary doesnt like the fact that simon is humna.

"Mundane, we do not have the time." jace snaps at him making me sigh. i can hear the sirens still making me slightly worried.

i definetly dont want to be caught near a dead body by the police.

"Come on, Simon." i say looking at him. he looks at up and sighs.

"Let's go."clary says pulling him along up the steps.

jace pushes the door open to the bulidng and we go in him first then me then clary and then simon.

the moment we get in jace huffs and starts pulling up his sleave. since right now alk we can see is an abandoned building.

 he grabs that werid light thingy and then starts to draw a rune on his wrist making simon look at clary alermed.

"I know. Trust me."clary says quietly looking at him.

"He's, like, burning himself."simon says looking back at jaces wrists as he puts the thingy away,

i really need to ask him what thats called.

i look up at jace and he places a hand out so i grab it frowning lightly.

he grabs onto simons hand aswell making him jump and look at jace very freaked out,

"Buddy, what's going on, man? I'm not your type, man. I don't even..."simon says struggling to gte out of jaces hand hold until he looks straight forwards and everything appears.

all the people and  the high tech. people rushing around. most of them covered in those rune thingys.

"Where are we?"simon mutters looking forwards."What the hell?" he says looking at everthing is eyes wide.

i smirk to myself knowing this is going to be very entertaining.

 "Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?"simon asks his eyes dont even leave where hes looking as he speaks

"There is now."jace says dropping my hand and walking forwards. i look back at clary and she nods.

so i follow after jace  he walks up to a big screen thingy.

"What is this place? There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop?"simon asks looking around seeing all the computers and stuff.

jace ignores him and just pulls a small screen down and starts to press things on it. i watch a small frown on my face since i dont know what hes doing.