chapter 45

me and magnus didnt really do anything all day.

literally we just hung around in his flat me still not going back to being little.

 just talking with each other. joking about how i used to be here all the time and how he would look after me.

 it sucks that i will never get to fully remember my time with him when i was younger but i guess its nice to start fresh with him now that im older.

magnus made dinner that night and we both went to bed me cuddled in his arms.

this morning however i woke up to somone nagning on the door making me very confused.

magnus wasnt awake yet maning they wasnt a danger.

 considering ive been here at magnus's for 3 days now and peoeple are only just coming round is werid.

my phone starts to ring making me even more confused so i grab it answering.

"hello?" i ask holding the phone up to my ear climbing out of the bed making sure not to wake magus up.

"gracie" alec's voice speaks threw the other side of the phone making me sigh.

"yes alec?" i ask slowly moving out of the bedroom and towards the door

"oh im glad to here your voice" he mutters making me sigh.

"what do you want alec? doesnt your fiancée need something?" i ask rolling my eyes.

"dont do that gracie" he whispers sadly making me scoff.

"do what? you want me to be happy for you?  make some speech at your wedding explaining how perfect i think you are for each other?" i ask sarcastically not realising the extra ears that have joined our conversation.

" let me in" alec says slowly making me scoff.

"no chance-" i go to say but the phone is taken out of my hands making me scoff

"on my way" magnus speaks into the phone before hanging up.

he looks at me over his shoulder before going to the door and opening it allowing alec to walk straight in.

 i cross my arms refusing to look at him as he walks in looking at me.

he comes to hug me but i step back rolling my eyes walking round the sofa sitting down.

"Tired of bickering over the guest list for your wedding?" i ask looking at alec as he looks at me sat annoyed on the sofa.

he just sighs and turns to magnus who has walked and sat on the sofa oppoiste me.

"I need to ask you something." alec says seriously looking at magnus.

"Hmm. Will it take long? I have a life to live,me and gracie was just about to go out and there's not much for us to talk about." magnus speaks snapping his fingers making our two jackets appear on the edge of the sofa.

"It's not about me, or... any of that. This is about my sister."alec speaks his voice desperte as he glances beteene me and magnus.

"whats izzy done now?" i ask rolling my eyes.

"Oh, I see. Are you referring to the fact that your adorable fiancee has Isabelle on trial for treason?" magnus asks making me look at him pouting." sorry pumpkin not as adorable as you." he says smirking at me making me smile."What can I do for you, Alec?"magnus asks turning to look at alec again.

"My sister wants you to be her defense attorney. I said I would ask....But I'm sorry to bother you."alec says slowly going to leave."I know... a Downworlder can't defend a Shadowhunter in court." he says shaking his head going to leave.

"But a Shadowhunter accused of a crime can choose any advocate." magnus speaks maiing alec stop walking and come to stand back by the sofa's again.

"That can't mean a Downworlder."alec speaks seriously shaking his head,

"The Clave was so rigid and prejudiced back in what they call the Time of Angels that they didn't dream of a Shadowhunter asking a Downworlder for help. They didn't even bother to exclude us. " magnus explains before he slowly gets up walking towards alec.

"So, since, as you all say..."the Law is the Law..."" magnus speaks deeping his voice making me snort."there's no stopping me from slipping through this gaping loophole. For the right price."magnus speaks smirking at Alec

"Name it." alec tells him.

"You. In fact, I'll do you pro bono." magnus speaks smirking.

"Anything else?" alec asks sighing.

"What else is important to you? What else tells me that your sister means enough for you to make a real sacrifice? other than gracie i dont know..." magnus speaks making me look over at alec frowning

" i mean that much to you?" i ask quietly looking at him. he doesnt reply back instead he just looks away.

"I know. Your bow and quiver. How about that?" magnus speaks making alec look at him seriosuly.

"magnus." i call making put his finger up to me to make me shut up

alec takes a deep breath before looking at me before sighing,

"Done." alec mutters looking at magnus

magnus gets himself ready whilst i sit on the sofa.

i only need to change my outfit and brush out my hair so it didnt take me long.

magnus however takes ages,

"so..." alec mutters making me shake my head.

"i dont wanna talk." i tell him quietly crossing my arms looking away.

"gracie your gonna have to forgive me at some point." he speaks standing up coming over to the sofa im sat at.

"no i dont."i mutter still refuisng to look at him as he sits down next to me.

" im doing this for you too." he speaks making me sigh.

"if you was doing this for me.." i mutter slowly looking at him." you would spoken to me about it first." i tell him sadly before magnus comes walking out his room.

fully changed now into a suit making me smile at him.

 i get up walking over with alec's eyes watching i put my hands on magnus shoulders leaning towards him pecking him on the lips making him smirk.

"good luck." i mutter smiling at him. alec's eyes burn into the back of my head as we leave my hand in magnus as we travel to the institue.