chapter 24

alec has a hold of my arm as he pulls me threw the institue as we rush around looking for clary.

we go to her room and then izzys and jaces and mine and then the main room and still dont see her anywhere.

"come on"alec says chucking me a jacket from his wardrobe before grabbing my arm and pulling me out the institue with him.

we rush around brooklyn still not finding her until i think where she could be.

"art studio" i say suddnely and he nods grabbing my arm and running there.

he rings her phone as we aproach and she digs into her bag to get it.

"why'd you run out?"i ask as we reach her.

"whats the point in an invisabiliy rune if your phone is on?"alec asks watching her turn it to silent"it was childish sneaking out like that."he says looking at her annoyed.

she doesnt ackolage us as she calls someone on her phone.

"Simon. Hey. I know I should have called you right back. I'm really sorry. Are you okay?"she asks making me look at her.

actually no one told me what happened to him....just that he left and that no one had heard from him since.

"I... I kind of killed a demon and lost all my memories forever. So..." she says slowly. 

cleary simon has lot to say.

me and alec stand there watching her on the phone until alec huffs.

"That's it, we have to go. Right now."he says grabbing her arm and then mine but clary stuggles and pulls away.

"No. I'm on my way to the loft. There's something there that I think could help me find my mother."she says into the phone before she starts to walk in the direction of the loft holding the phone to her ear.

"after her. she's on a crazy mission." i say rolling my eyes. alec and he walk after her listening in to the one side of the conversation.

"im fine im with alec and gracie." she says slowing her walk down so me and alec walk next to her."no simon you've been threw enough already." she says rolling her eyes.

we stop all together as clary stops walking and sighs as simon must of hung up the phone. she puts it in her bag as alec huffs again looking around.

"Mundanes. Look at them. Running around like ants. Let's go."he says grabbing ahold of my hand and then walking around clary to leave.

"Why do you always look so miserable?"clary asks walking quickly to walk next to me.

"I don't."he says shaking his head confused.

"You do." i say smirking at him only for him to roll his eyes at me

"It must be hard being in love with someone who you can never have."clary says making alec stop walking.

i look at him frowning and slowly pull my hand away from his hold and look down.

"Excuse me?"he asks glaring at clary.

"What?What's the big deal?"she asks a smirk on her face."I was there when that memory came out. Busted, no?"she asks looking at him as he rolls his eyes annoyed.

i just cant get the thought out of my head that alec is in love with someone.

is this what he wanted to tell me earlier.?

that were only ever gonna be friends?

"she's different." he says looking at clary very annoyed.