chapter 22

when i was younger, i enjoyed painting.

getting covered in the coloured liquids, making hundreds of different picture.

not just vecause it gave me another way to express myself.

no because it wa something my mother and me liked to do togther.

she would sit across from me, her own clean canvas infront of her.

both of us would have wide smiles on our faces as we paintined. me always in little space so she would listen along as i babbled on about radnom things.

they were my faviourite times.

the times when there wasnt anything dangerous happening.

when my mom and me could just be happy.

looking down at the picture of me and my mother covered in paint. a happy grin on both of our faces as i sit on her lap holdibg up one of my lastest creations.

 a singer tear drop rolls down my cheeck landing on the picture making  em sniff and wipe it away as a knock on my door happens.

before i can call out howver and tell the person to go away my door opens.making me look up from the precious photograph and see alec.

"alec" i mutter looking at him before looking away from him and back at the picture.

sat crossed legged on my bed, he looks at me and slowly walks into the room, taking in the mess and my broken phone on the floor.

"Look, I, uh... " alec says slowly stood at the side of my bed making me shake my head.

"Please don't." i whisper as tears form in my eyes again.

"gracie, I am so sorry. I would do anything, I mean anything, to take back those 30 seconds.to get your mom back." alec says his tone dropping sad as he stares at me as i just stare at the picture in my lap

sniffiling i look up at him and i swear his face dropped at the tired look on my face.

" Alec, maybe we can get her back." i mutter slowly making his eyes widen.

"What?" he questions slowly sitting down on my bed making me shuffle and turn around to face him.

"clary found a warlock who claims she can do it. But there are risks."i explain to him quietly maming him stare at me.

"I'll go with you. gracie, if there's any chance that we can get your mother back, we have to take it."alec tells me reaching out fo my hand making me pull back straight away.

he stares at me for a moment and have fast i pulled away before sighing.

"No matter what happens, I'll be there. Okay.?" alec says looking at me seriously making me stare at him.

"Let's do it." i reply back sneidng him a small sad smile before climbing off my bed grabbing my jacket.

" you know magnus has tried calling." alec tells me as we leave my room and walk down the hall towards clarys.

"my phones broken,." i mutter knocking on clarys door;.

"are we going to be okay?" alec asks me quietly, i dont reply as clary opens the door.

"were getting mom back" i say seriously making her eyes widen as she looks at me and then alec.

"Are you here to see Dr. Rouse?"a women asks us opening the door to the warlock womens place.