chapter 18

walking down the hallway stuffing my hand into my pockets im still searching for my mom,

ive looked everywhere and i still cant find her.

 i have so many questions.

 like when was she going to tell me we was moving to idris?

and what the hell if i dont wanna go?

and i really really need to ask her about my runes...

sighing i wipe a hand down my face as i turn a corner and instantly crash into someones chest making me stumble back.

"sorry i wasnt looking where i was-" i go to say looking back up at the person but instantly falling silent.

infront of me is raj, but he doesnt look right, instead he has black eyes, and there seriously freaky.

"hey raj."i mutter about to go past him only for him to grab me and push me against the wall.

struggiling in his hold, whimpers leaving my mouth as i fight him slitghly. hes definelty alot stronger than me.

"i think its pathetic how your little boyfriends are so greedy." he growls making me gulp and kick him making him drop me.

he grunts as i try ti run only for him to grab a hold of my leg making me fall to the floor. screaming loudly as he drags me and pins me back to the wall. he tears open the zip of the jacket alec had placed on me and digs his fingers into my chest making me scream even loudly trying to push his hand away from me.

a mixture of fear and pain makes tears roll down my face as i struggle trying to get him away from me,

"gracie!" a voice shouts angrily before an arrow comes flying threw the air hitting raj in the leg making him release me.

i drop to the floor holding my chest tear rolling down my face,. bawling myself up as small as i can as alec goes to shoot another arrow at raj only for black smoke to suddnely start pooling out of his lungs.

it disappears up into a vent above me.

"gracie!" alec gasps instantly coming over and pulling me into his arms making me whimper.

"alec it hurts" i cry as he puts pressure on my chest, the blood seeping out onto his hands. he doesnt reply instead he just scoops me up into his arms and pulls his bow onto his back.

i look up at him with blurry eyes tears filling my vison noticing the worry on his face as he walks threw the institute quickly.

i must of blacked out before we reached the infermary because the last thing i remember was alec carrying me threw the institue.

and now well...im in one of the beds.

whimpering i push myself to sit up noticing how there isnt anyone around.moving slightly i hiss in pain and look down at my chest seeing how im in a white vest and theres a large bandage around my chest.

groaning i push myself out of the bed and look around.

"hello??" i call putting my feet down on the floor looking around, 

no one replies.

sighing i look in the bag on the bedside table and find my outfit, so i grab my jeans and shoes and pull them on before grabbing the hair tye that was there and pulling my hair up out of the way.

taking a deep breath i walk out of the insitute and look around, at least the place isnt fully abandoned.

theres still people rushing around.

i looked all over the place for alec, or izzy or clary or even my mom again and i couldnt find any of them.

sighing i went to return to my room and just get into bed but as i walked down the hallways towards it i noticed someone sat leanding against a wall.

"alec?" i mutter looking towards him, he slowly looks up, with tears in his eyes.

and as i slowly walk towards him i notice it.

his hands.

covered....stained in blood.

"what did i do?" he mytters looking down at them, making me gulp.

"alec..." i whisper staring down at him confused....surely he wouldnt hurt anyone...

i look away from him and notice a small patch of blood, and then another patch of blood.

i glance at alec one more time seeing him staring at his hands before i follow the small patches of blood.

alec stands up and walks behind me as i walk into a room following the pools of blood with a confused look on my face.

that look instantly drops the moent i realise who the blood belongs to.

my whole body freezes as i slowly slide down the doorway and drop to the floor tear instantly forming in my eyes and rolling down my face.

my head is completely foggy as i stare at the person laying on the floor infront of me.

my mom.....

shes dead.