chapter 28

"Tell us what?.....What's so important that Luke risked his life?"clary asks confused looking at luke who is now alseep laying on the sofa.

im sat on the counter with a sippy cup filled with water. magnus made it appear when i asked if i could have a drink. 

he walks around with a glass of scotch.

"Everything Jocelyn hoped to hide from you."magnus says snapping his fingers making a book and pen appear infront of clary.

"Why?"she asks looking at it.

"When you were younger, I'd watch you sketching. you liked sketching hracie liked painting...both different but both so simillar...It was your bliss." magnus eplains amking me look at him.

so is that where i recongize him from?"

"You're gonna need some bliss now." he says walking over and mixing the pot before he looks at calry who has opened the book and is string at the blank page.

"Back then, there wasn't a day I didn't draw. It was like breathing. Now, I look at this blank page and I barely even know what to do."she says looking defeated."Sometimes I feel like my art, my memories... My life, it... it all vanished with that Memory Demon."she sighs dropping the pen.

"Your art, everything you are... they're all still here."magnus says looking at her."You're the women your mother always knew you could be." he says looking between me and clary.

"But tried to keep us from being." clary says looking bakc at the page.

"That's why you need to know how you got here."magnus sighs stepping back and standing next to me.

"Will it help me find my mother?" clary asks looking up at him.

"That's the only reason I can think of why Luke would be so adamant." magnus tells her before he lifts his drink to his lips.

"I'm ready. Bring it, warlock."clary says  grabbing the pen as she starts to draw.

"When I first heard about your father, around the time he and Jocelyn first got together, long before the Uprising and the Circle, Valentine elevated the Morgenstern name to be synonymous with virtue."magnus eplains.

he puts his cup down and pciks me up walking and sitting on the sofa with me on his lap as i drink from the cup.

"And your mother was at his side." he says tilting my head back slightly."But by the time my people came to know him, barely two years later... his name had become synonymous with devastation." magnus expliains to clary more than me as my eyes sart to drop." Your mother told me it was then she first saw the signs." he sighs.

he tells her the story of how valentie had a fight with the warlocks and how it had broken so many laws.

"They never found all the bodies. We'd all stood with the Clave for centuries" magnus says pulling the cup from my mouth making whine.

"How could that not matter to him?"clary asks looking up from her sketch.

"He was obsessed with ensuring purity of blood. Convinced that the impurities were a threat to peace. He was the threat to peace. Mad men rarely make sense. Mostly, they just hate. And he hated the Downworlders, for the gifts that we possess that he could not have."magnus says looking down at me with my eyes closed as i put my thumb in my mouth and snuggle into his chest.

i wake up to the sound of groaning again and the whole place shaking making me gasp and sit up. 

i look aroud quickly until i see magnus crouched by luke his hands ammitting loads of blue light making luke groan.

"magnus?" i call loudly confused. he turns and looks at me before quickly looking back at luke.

"gracie come here." he shouts over the loud noises. i get up quickly and stummble to his side when i crouch down next to him confused."give me  your hand." he says quickly making me pass him my hand.

he holds it tightly as i  feel as if im being drained of all my engery.

magnus starts to slowly lean back and i ty and keep him up but alec appears and grabs him holding him up.

"help me." magnus graons looking at my other hand making alec see that fact that he;s holding it in teh first place.

alec looks at me before he grabs my other hand making me whimper at the drained feeling.

both boys help me to sit up more and then we somehow puhs the blue light further into lukes chest.

i feel my eyes beginning to drop  the longer we hold hands.

clary comes rushing over simon  and jace ebhidn her as she holds a cup and then pours it into lukes mouth making him stop moving at all.

i fall back into alec's lap my legs landing on magnus's as i collaps in exshaution.

luke opens his eyes and smiles looking up at clary.

"clary.." he mutters looking at her happily. she looks at us and smiles  amking me smile to.

"you alright sweetheart?" alec asks looking at me in his lap my eyes closed.

"im good" i mutter before i yawn.

after that alec layed me on the sofa on the of the room and  even though i just had a nap i feel like i could iuse another.

clary comes and sits next to me she holds my other hand as i have my thumb in my mouth as i lay down.

"alec"clary says watching him come over again to check on me.

ive only been here for 15 minutes and he's came over at least 5 times.

"If you hadn't gotten here in time, I... I'm just...." clary stuttes looking at him as he comes and crouches down next to em and brushes the ahir out of my face,.

"I didn't do this for you."he says looking at her before he looks back at me making me lazily blush.

"Then I'm glad you did it for her." clary says smiling at me and alec.

jace comes walking into the room and walks straight up to alec making him stand up and hug him.

"Thank you."jace says hugging him before he lets go and look at clary.

they bith egt up and leave leaving me and alec.

 "you alright now munchkin?" he asks looking at me laying on the sofa sucking my thumb.

i shrug shuffiling to sit up. i reach one hand out for him and he chuckles sitting down letting me climb onto his lap and snuggle into his chest.

"awec," i mutter making him warp his arm around me.

"yes?" he asks slowly.

"mganus is a nice person." i say pulling my thumb from my lips and sitting up to look at him. he looks at me confused.

"can we hang out with him tonight?" i ask him giving him puppy eyes.

he sighs and looks down for a moment.

"okay." he says making me smile.