chapter 65

gracie didnt know what was going on, after spending the night with her boys, her and alec had to return back to the institue.

business....

but something didnt feel right.

she felt off, really really off.

almost like she was sick.

gracies pov:

"We've lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single, radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters." alec speaks, he was currently looking out at all of the shodwhunters appart of the new york institue.

trying to make an announcement about who was murderng shadowhunters and carving out their runes.

"So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular Cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York." alec explains seriously looking around at every single shaodhunter.

"I'm all for unity. But does he have to bring them here?" a random shadow hunter speaks with disgusted laced in her voice making me turn and glare at her.

i go to speak but a hand wraps around mine making me look down seeing izzy holding onto it.

" What do you expect? He's dating a warlock" another shadow hunter mutters to the other one making me clench my jaw.

" Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge." the women speaks rolling her eyes making me look at izzy.

" Just wait. In a week, it'll be someone else." the other one speaks, izzy pulls her eyes from alec to see me angrily flashing my eyes trying to hold in my frustation.

" Hey. Show some respect."izzy hisses towards the two bitching shadow hunters making me them both look at her beforefacing back towards the front.

" Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome." alec's voice speaks looking out at everyone.

" come on." izzy speaks putting her around around me making me duck my head down slightly feeling the anger still radiating off my skin. eyes still flashing brightly.

everyuone departs making izzy lead me straight over towards jace and alec and clary who are stood by a table talking.

" guys, we might have problem." izzy speaks leading me over cutting off their converstion instantly.

everyones eyes dart me to quickly making alec unlock his hands he had behind his back quickly grabbing my face. his hands holding up my face so he can see my eyes/.

" i cant make it stop."i say panicking shaking my head slightly looking straight at him, my eyes now flashing bewteen colours of yellow and red.

"gracie?" clary speaks confused she looks at me with worry in her eyes.

alec quickly scoops me up from under my legs making me gasp grabbing onto him.

"go, meet the seeile queen, ive got this." alec speaks looking towards jace and clary who are both staring at me confused.

a small groan leaves my lips feeling a pain in my head, suddnely, as if someone was screaming in my ears, i grab a hold of my head digging it into alecs chest.

" alec?"clary questions looking at him with concern in her eyes for me as he shifts me in his arms.

"we got this. go its important" izzy speaks looking between clary and jace making them both nod before they turn around and walk away.

"magnus."i gasp grabbing the sides of my head in pain grutning.

izzy looks up at alec seeing the worriedlook on his facr too before she puts her hand on his arm.