chapter 67

by the time that magnus had woken gracie, she had mentally decided that she didnt want to face the world.

at leats not as her big self.

magnus was currently on the phone with alec, whilst also trying to get the young girl infront of him line up the large amount of stuffed animals she had begging magnus to make appear.

"its important this meeting tonight go smoothly" alec's voice speaks coming from the ohone

gracie was sitting on the floor, with around 10 stuffed animals lined up along the carpet, as magnus stands just behind her.

"it will. and we'll be by your side the whole time"magnus tells alec with a charming smile before he glances down at gracie seeing her positioning one of the stuffied aniamls again,

"actually i-id rather you not" 

alec's voice made magnus quickly freeze.

"have i done something wrong?" magnus speaks slowly, the ohone was on speaker so he quickly glances at gracie before taking a couple footsteps away from her." if this is about gracelynne then alec i-"

"no no  not at all....i just dont want to be accused of any kind of...warlock favouritism" alec speaks akwardly, magnus could almost picturing him rubbing the back of his neck looking down.

"i see...perhaps another warlock should go instead" magnus speaks sighing, walking into the kitchen and filling up a sippy cup with water for gracie.

he could hear her lightly babbiling in the other room still as he fills the cup, with the phone pressed between his shoulder and ear.

"no, no i need you there magnus"alec lightly scoffs shaking his head."but as a warlock representative not as my boyfriend"alec tells magnus slowly making him sigh walking back into the room holding the now filled cup." is that okay?"

gracie looks up at the sound of magnus walking into the room, her eyes frowning as she notices the slight hurt look on one of her boyfriends faces.

"of course" magnus speaks quickly, before smiling and hiding the hurt look passing her, the cup."its best that we keep our personal and proffesional lives separate" magnus rushes out before taking a seat on the sofa near by watching gracie drink her sippy cup.

"thank you" alec's voice speaks slowly.

" but there is the small matter of gracelynne" 

alec was trying not to frown. he didnt know why. but even hearing her name was making his skin crawl right now.

"what....what about her?"he speaks threw the phone

magnus was watching as the girl sits her cup down on the floor before grabbing a stuffed animal and giggiling.

" well....it seems as she's decided to be little for a while...and i most certainlly cannot leave her here alone"magnus was serious as he spoke. he didnt understand why alec was treating their girlfriend this way but he wasnt happy.

"bring her with...i'll have izzy take care of her"

was the last thing alec spoke before he hung up the phone, and magnus sighs sadly glancing towards their little girl.

"now remember what i said?" magnus speaks crouched down looking into gracies eyes.

 they were just around the corner from alec, and magnus was trying his hardest o get the girl to understand how serious tonight is.

but gracie wasnt having any of it.