chapter 56

"this is so werid"i say looking at valentines body stood infront of me rubbing his wirsts in pain," i mean my boyfriend is in my dads body..." i mutter looking at him with a confused expression on my face.

the inquisitor left instantly after hearing the news. i couldnt even process that right now.

 my dad is boyfriend

my boyfriend is my dad...

" i know its confusing graceylnne."magnus speaks trying to step towards me making me hold my hands out instantly stopping him.

"its more than confusing magnus. its...disgusting" i say looking at him with wide eyes shaking my head.

"we've got to go"alec says serously looking between me and magnus....

" right yeah"i say nodding before we all rush out of the cell

"I don't know why you felt the need to bring him here."alc huffs holding onto my hand as we rush over to magnsu apartment.

sebastine and clary walking quickly behind us.

" We need all the help we can get alec" i say seriousky looking at him making him huff but continue to walk over to magnus apartment.

clary goes to reach forward for the door but alec grabs her arm instantly.

"woah" he speaks pushing her arm away from the wavy barrier covering the door.

"Wards are up." sebastine speaks looking at the doors.

" You said Valentine wouldn't have this kind of warlock power."clary speaks confused looking at seb.

"Yeah. As always, he defies expectations."sebastine speaks shaking his head looking at the door." Look, we're gonna need you."sebastine speaks seriously looking at clary making her sigh.

 i frown watching her as she grabs her seele from her pokcet looking down with a worried expression.

she starts to draw runes onto the wards but it doesnt work.

she tries again and it doesnt work again,

"Try again."sebastine speaks seriously looking at her

"I can't make it work."she huffs back looking at us all with an annoyed face.

" Yes, you can."sebastine speaks seriusly looking at her, they make eye contact with a moment before she sighs and looks over at me, amking me frown before she draws a rune onto the door.

 it still doesnt work though,

sebastine movs towards her grabbing her arms seriously,

" Tell me what it feels like to have your entire family ripped away from you."sebstanine speaks looking at clary with serious expression.

"That's enough."i say going to step towards them only for alec to hold me back.

"What?"clary speaks confused looking at him.

" Trust me on this, OK? Trust me." sebastine speaks looking at clary with a serious look on his face." Look, your mother? She's never coming back. Jace is not your brother.you sister, she sout of control and you dont know how to help her" he speaks making my eyes widen."You feel like you're all alone in this world, don't you?" sebastine speaks making clary tear up slightly.

"Stop it!" clary shouts at him angrily shaking her head.

"your mother is never coming back. Your father will never love you. The only reason he wanted you was to use you and your sister" sebstanine speaks looking at clary who just looks back at him with tears in her eyes.

"sebastine this isnt working" alec speaks, his hold on me has changed, my eyes glow listening to the words that he speaks,

"you wanted a brother so badly, because then at least youd have something to share the pain with." sebstaine tells her."  you cant share it with gracie." he speaks shakingh his head making clary look over at me seeing my eyeflahsing and an anger expression my face."your too worried that one minuet shes gonna break and the next she'll run away " sebastine speaks making a grwol come from y mouth casing everyone to look at me.

"stop it" clary speaks the tears rolling dowm her face.

"I can't stop it, Clary. That empty feeling that eats away at your soul and makes you feel like you want to die, day after day after day, it never stops!" sebsatnine shouts at her making her face suddnely change.

"now take that paint and use it" he tells her seriously before stepping back.

he looks over at me and alec, alec having to hold onto my arms now.

"im sorry" sebastine speaks looking at me making me growl slightly at him causing alec to hold me tigher.

clary starts to draw a rune into the door instantly making the wards fall down and the doors burst open.

we all glance at each other before rushing into the room.

 seeing magnus and valentine fighting, we rush over.

"alexander!"magnus shouts as the pair of them fall to the floor.

valentine quickly stand sup, as mganus makes a portal appears, instantly clary ruhes over to valentine and dthey fall threw the portal.

i run over to magus who is on the floor instantly dropping to my knees holding onto him, crushng him in a hug.

" im so glad your okay" i say hugging onto him crying, making him hug me back breathing heavily looking around.

magnus sits on the sofa in his apartement.

 eveeyone but me and alec had left.

we wanted to stay back and help clean up.

"are you sure your okay?" i question walking over to him making him open his arms and pulls me onto his lap, brushing his fingers threw my hair.

"im more than alright graceylnne" magnus speaks smiling at me, pulling me in for a small kiss making me smile.

"Magnus, I am so sorry" alec speaks walking into the room with a guilty expression on his face, holding a bucket of glass in his hands from cleaning up ." for everything you had to go through. That agony rune..."alec speaks comingto sit down next to us, making magnus throw is arm around the back of the seat.

"it made me relive memories I've spent... centuries trying to forget."mganus speaks sadly, brushing his fingers threw my hair still as he looks away from alec.

" Magnus, tell me how to fix this. Just tell me what to do." alec says looking at magnus with sad eyes making me look between them with a worried expression.

magnus looks away from the pair of us making me worriedly glance at him, almost as if i could hear the cogs in his head turning as he thinks.

"magnus?" i questiuon looking at him frowning, but he doesnt speak instead he just lifts me from his lap sitting me down on alecs lap instead before rubbing a hand down his face.