chapter 41

crying in magnus's arms was not how i planned this night to go.

me and alec should be wrapped up in bed right now bunny under my chin,alec's arms wrapped around.

instead im sat on magnus lap on his sofa bunny in my hand as i cry my heart out. he rubs a hand up and down my back calming me slightly.

still confused with whats going on since the moment he came and got me ive done nothing but cry.

"sweetheart please tell me whats happened?"magnus speaks slowly making me shake my head and flop onto his chest crying harder.

i cant believe alec would do this...after everything thats happened today...actaully no since ive gotten to the institite.

"its all gonna be alright."he mutters putting his arms around me hugging me as i cry.

i got extremely tired whilst crying so magnus and me moved to his room where he helped me into bed before getting me bunny. he got in the bed too so i snuggled up to his chest making him smile.

nearly asleep with my eyes closed with nothing but alec on my mind magnus phone starts to ping rapidly making him sit up confused.

"one moment little one." he mutters climbing out of bed making me whine. i rub my eyes sitting up my thumb in my mouth as he gets up and grabs his phone before answering a call.

"yes?"magnus asks into the phone

"tell me you have gracie"alec's desperate voice speaks. i whimper hearing his voice.

"i do shes very upset feel free to tell me why"magnus speaks rolling his eyes.

"ummm....i..um...uh.....just put her on the phone."alec stutters. magnus looks at me seeing the tiredness in my eyes and shakes his head.

"i cant do that right now alexander she's exshausted."magnus speaks shaking his head watching me whimper in tiredness.

"well you both need to come here now...theres been a break in to the institute"alec speaks quickly amking magnus eyes widen.

"on our way." magnus says before hanging up.

he looks at me sadly before coming over and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"we have to go." magnus speaks softly making me whine.

"no see awec" i say sniffing tears wanting to fall again. he sighs and pulls me towards him onto his lap.

"we need to" he mutters standing up he grabs bunny handng him to me before he snaps his fingers and we both appear in the main room of the institute making me whimper and hide my face in his neck.

he carries me over to where everyone is stood no one noticing us yet.

"i do believe i was requested." magnus speaks making everyone turn and look at us. everyone frowning at me.

"gracie thank god." alec says qucikly going to take me off magnus but i whine and hold onto him tightly making alec frown.

"i dont think she likes you right now."magnus whispers to alec making alec even more confused.

i hide my face in his neck as he walks past alec's father who glarew at me, he sits me down on a chair making me whimper reaching for him but he shakes his head.

"stay there. i promise i will be right back" he speaks softly before kissing my head making me nod. i lean back against the chair bringing my knees to my chest hiding the fact that im sucking on my thumb and bunny is tucked away on my lap.

i can feel alec's eyes on me watching me as i sit here watching magnus but i dont bother to look at him.

magnus goes up to one of the main monitors and glides his hands over it checking the warding making sure everything is in place.

"Are the wards solid now? Nothing will get through?"alec's father asks moving to stand next to magnus as he stops fixing the screen.

"Even my magic has limits. The wards won't hold off that Forsaken attack. But my protections will slow them down."magnus speaks to alec father glancing at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Extra time is priceless. "alec's father mutters looking at the screen still/

"No... say that after you get my bill." magnus says turing and looking at the man. he smirks slightly seeing alec's fathers face.

"Lydia will take care of that."his father mutters before walking off away leaving just me and alec and magnus alone.

"go now." i tell magnus whining raeching for him but he shakes his head. alec looks at me confused.

"A Forsaken wound often needs a little warlock TLC. May I? Uh, free of charge." magnus speaks looking at alec, 

i only just realise the hand alec has placed on his side making me slightly worry,

"It's okay. I'm fine." alec speaks strongly shaking his head.

"If anything were to happen to you... either of you." magnus mutters looking between me and alec making me frown.

"Magnus... I'm good. All right?"alec snaps lightly at magnus making me whimper. he turns and looks at me worried." gracie?" he asks looking at me making me whimper again.

"i dont know whats happened but shes staying with me for a while."magnus speaks walking around alec to pick me up from the chair.

i wrap my arms and legs around him quickly hodling onto him and bunny tightly.

"okay...." alec mutters sadly looking at me holding onto magnus." ive ummm i gotta-" alec mutters looking over his shoulder.

"Go? Of course. You're a busy man. And i should find this lydia person. payment up front is much better. where would i find her?" magnus asks shifting me on his hip looking around.

"I haven't seen her. But if I do, I'll send her your way." alec speaks looking at me making me hide my face in magnus chest.

i can barely look at him anymore.