chapter 13

i could hear izzy and clary walking behind me.

 i tried to block out their conversation but i could not.

"We need to find something of Jace's."clary speaks making izzy instantly disagree.

"Don't bother. Aldertree already has people tracking him 24/7." izzy explains to her.

"jace must be using a rune to block it, otherwise somebody would've found him by now."clary says shaking her head wrapping are arms around her self as we walk towards alecs room,.

i instantly push open the door my heart throbbing as i see magnus sat by the side of alecs bed, alec laying there completely stilll.

"magnus" i whimper making his eyes instantly shoot up and look at me.

seeing me stood in the doorway, wet hair, large clothes and a cut on my head he stands up his face dropping as he comes over and scopops me up letting me finally relax and break down in his arms.

"where have you been?" he questions sitting down quietly next to alecs bed holding my head aginst his chest as i sob. 

"dont let me go magnus please" i gasp crying my breath uneven as he holds me.

i can feel his confused look as he sits me on his lap holding me but he just shushes my cries bringing me as lose to his bdoy as he can.

no ones pov:

'"Has he been in there with Alec the whole time?"clary questions staring in the doorway wathing her sister seaking comfter in the warlock next to their lovers bed.

"He's the only reason Alec still has a chance." izzy mutter sadly looking at the couple."But his magic can't last forever. Sooner or later, he's gonna burn out. "izzy sighs sadly glacning at the couple before her phone rings making the girls leave.

gracies pov:

leaning aginst magnus chest looking down at alec, with my thumb in my mouth,

my crying and upset making me regress futher.

magnus grindes up ingredients in a dish on the table next to me working quickly.

i sigh looking at alec wondering what my last words even where to him.

"just get out..."

i didnt have time howver to really think about this because izzy comes walking into the room quickly making me look at her.

"we have a plan" she says making magnus turn with wide eyes.

izzy and me sit on the edge of the bed me sucking my thumb still, her pulling my hair up into two frenh braid, the now faded pink in my hairweaving in and out of the whitish blonde.

magnus works in the same seat he has always been sat in messing with different bottles.

and alec..well hes still just laying there...well was..

"best team" he mutters making izzys hands freeze in my hair. she looks towards alec with wide eyes.

magnus hears his mutters too and instantly leans forwards.

"its okay ale. you hear me.?" he speaks leaning against his chest."we're gonna get you out of here and bring you back"magnus says making my heart flutter slightly at the show of effection.

izzy smiles slightly and continues to bride my hair just as aldertree and his shadow walk into the room loudly.

"You put in a request to transfer your brother to Idris?" he asks storming in the room looking at izzy annoyed.