chapter 68

"alec you know we have to talk about it"magnus speaks as they walk threw the front door of his apartment.

alec was carrying gracie, as she sleeps her head on his shoulder, her hand wrapped around his jacket holding onto him.

"lets just umm...put her to bed"alec whispers, making magnus take a deep breath before nodding

so they did, they took of the pink dress she was wearing and as alec dressed her in one of magnus t-shirts, magnus wiped the girls face clean of makeup and took out her hair.

alec stood their akwardly as magnus tucked her up into the bed and tucked her rabbit into her side before both of them crept out of the room.

at first no one said anything, as magnus poured them both a drink and walk back over the sofa where alec was sitting with his head in his hands.

"here drink, it'll help"magnus speaks lightly before passing over a glass.

alec didnt think tiwce before downing the cup and shrugging off his jacket. he could feel how uncomfortabe this conversation was going to be.

" start from the beginning." magnus didnt even have to look at alec, to know what this was all about.

"its not right magnus....when when she was a vampire we were sorting it out or we were going to have to make do and deal....but now....hearing that she's not even a shadowhunter?"

alec couldnt even really think. his mind felt as if it wasnt working. like it kept on being covered with this haze every single time he tried to work out how he felt.

"be honest, does graceylnne not being a shadowhunter change the way you feel towards her?" magnus was short as he spoke.

for he knew from the moment he laid eyes on gracie that she was his soulmate...as was alec.

"i-....i ummm"

alec couldnt bring himself to say it. 

"it does doesnt it?"

mangus was staring towards him, with saddened eyes, alec didnt know what to do. he couldnt help the way he felt right now.

he thought that...well one of his lovers not being a shadowhunter was bad enough but at least one of them was right.

at least he was following orders at least some what....but now learning this...

he felt as if everything he had ever known was a lie.

like...he should always fall for a shadowhunter....always choose someone who was going to carry on the family name...

but how could he do this now...

"alec....alexander look at me"magnus could see it in the boys eyes that he was getting caught up in his head. he shifts over on the sofa and grabs the glass from alec's hands before taking his cheeks in his palms."we have a beautiful, beautiful women in that bedroom, who i know would die for the both of us....and whatever morals or orders you think you've been given...there not true"

magnus could tell the battle alec was having.

and he couldnt stand it.

magnus believed, if you loved someone you should go for it. no matter what. be who you want to be. love whoever you want to love.

 which was why it was hurting him so much watching alec fight inside himself.

"alexander look at me"magnus was trying not to tear up, as alec stared back at him."tell me you understand.?"

magnus didnt want to seem like he was begging....but knew for a fact that alec cared for gracie, for him...

"im so confused" alec was the first one to allow a tear to roll down his cheek, that instantly making magnus pull him towards him both of them embracing each other.

" i know my darling, i know but its going to be alright" magnus speaks rubbing his hand up and down alec's back.

magnus know how it must be so confusing, to always believe one thing yout whole life and then for everything to suddenly change.

"alec? magnus?"

a voice speaks making both boys pull apart quickly, them both turning and seeing graacie standing in the doorway to the living room with a concerned look on her face.

" oh gracie sweet come here" magnus reaches out a hand for the girl making her quickly run towards them, her bare feet slapping across the floor before she dives onto the sofa between the pair, both boys latching onto her as she hugs them.

the morning felt awkward.

magnus and gracie were the only ones awake, with alec still being in bed.

sitting at the breakfast bar just slowly eating a bowl of ceral, gracie felt like she was being lectured like a small child.

" but he's the one who's been off with me!" gracie whines shaking her head, whilst pushing around the last final pieces of ceral in her bowl.

" yes but alexander is clearly going threw a struggle right now, and your not to upset or push him even more okay?"magnus tells her seriously before walking around the kitchen island making himself a mug of coffee.

"yeah yeah whatever...not like im going threw stuff either"gracie replies back rolling her eyes, instantly magnus snapping his fingers in her direction with his back turned.

" none of that, do i have to remind you of the long list of rules we created?" magnus pointedly speaks pouring himself a mug and then alec one before looking over at gracie.

" does that stuff still mean anything? because honestly it seems like we have more important struff to foucs on"gracie mutters, sliding down from her stool before walking around into the kitchen and placing her bowl in the sink.

" yes that still applies so i wont be taking attitude from you, am i understood?" magnus tells her again, his tone stern as he grabs hus mug and looks towards her raising his eyebrows,

" yeah yeah whatever" gracie mutters again,

"attitude"alec mutters yawning walking into the room pulling his shirt over his head.

"not you too..."gracie mutters under her breath leaning against the side in the kitchen.

" goodmorning"magnus speaks smiling lightly looking up before sliding alec's coffee towards him.

"i would ummm, say the same but it kinda looks like neither of you have slept"alec speaks frowning glancing between the two of them,

"i slept for an hour to two"gracie mutter shurgging her shoulders before brushing past alec, almost spilling his coffee onto his shirt as her shoulder nudges his.

she walks off into the bedroom as magnus almost glares at the back of her head, alec standing there slightly shocked.

" she's ummm...finding things a bit difficult to understand"magnus mutters quickly turning his back and wiping down one of the kitchen sides,