chapter 19

i pull on izzy hand as we walk down the hallways looking for alec,im excited to show him my dress.

over the past cpuple days we've gotta really close.

"awec.awec.awec.awec.awec" i chant the moment i see him. i let go of izzys hand and rush over to him.

"what?" he asks crouching down to look at me.

"what do you think?" i ask him gesteruing to my dress. he looks at it and smiles.

"beautiful."he says making me blush like mad. which makes him chuckle.

he stands back up and starts to mess with arrows on the table making me to grab one but he stops me.

"Pick a weapon. I suggest your whip."alec says when izzy arriveds at the table.

"What's wrong with you? "izzy asks him frowning sice he was just so happy with me.

"Nothing."alec replys grabbing an arrow,

"We're going to a Downworlder's rave. You should be a little more excited. "izzy tells himwalking around the table and grabbing a blade.

"It's a mission, not a party."alec says making me nod. i dont like partys.

there loud.

"Yeah, whatever. Before Clary and gracie got here, every day was the same. Go on a mission, kill demons. Go on a mission, kill demons. At least now things are interesting."she says smirking at me.

"Interesting?"he asks looking at izzy ,i feel him reach aand put his hand over my ears so i dont hear what they're syaing. "Valentine is alive and actively seeking the Cup. He threatens our entire world. And we're helping his daughters. Who, by the way, we have no reason to trust. And who showed up out of nowhere."he tells her i didnt hear anything of ehat he just said so i stand there confused

izzy frowns at this. and thinks "why the hell would he say all of that if he treats gracie the way he does."

"On top of that, we're gonna end up overpaying some warlock who may or may not have information we need. So, no, Izzy... I don't find it interesting."alec says his voice now loud makimg me whimper making him stop.

"Whoa! Feel better now?"izzy asks him quietly.

"No, I don't......Okay, maybe a little." he says grabbing his bow and arrow and putting it on his back. i hug him around the waist knowing something is up.

"You can't keep bottling things up, Alec. It's only a matter of time before they explode. And not the fun kind of explode."izzy says smirking.

he nods and grabs my hand.

"All right, let's go." he says looking down at me and then at izzy." And we're not going for the music."he tells her as we meet up with everyone at the door.

we all go to the club but we break off into two groups as me and clary go with jace to the entrance since magnus wants to meet us.

"are you sure this is a good idea?"clary asks as we line up. i hug alecs jacket around me, i didnt bring one so he gave me his,"last time we was here, this place was crawling with vampires..."clary says looking around."and should gracie even be here...you know how you feel about parties."she says looking at me.

"relax all downworlds hang out here. we just came on vampire night." jace explains."and gracies fine arent you...well all look out for her," he says making me smile,