chapter 26

"why do i keep getting kidnapped?"simon asks as he gets pushed into a chair.

"not to be self-centured but i think ther after us."clary says before she is also pushed into a chair. 

i whine as i pulled from clary and shoved itno a seat across from her.

i look around seeing were in some resturant place.

one guy disapears as alaric and another come and sit infront of us making me shuffle away and against the wall.

both clary and simon have handcuffs on but not me so i bring my legs to my knees and hide.

the men sit looking at her until alaric leans on the tbale and corsses his hands.

"Okay, what is going on? "clary asks looking at him."Alaric, did you arrest us for trespassing or something, because, news flash, I was in my own apartment."she says harshly glaring at him.

"We're just having a little conversation, that's all."alaric says quiely looking at her.

"Do you always handcuff people you wanna talk to? I bet this guy has one of the scariest online profiles ever."simon speaks annoyed.

making alaric laugh quietly.

"This guy's funny. I like funny."he says chuckiling to himself."Look, I know you're scared of Luke. He's trying to find you, I can keep you safe."alaric says leaning forwards looking at clary."You just need to tell us where the Mortal Cup is."he tells her quietly.

"Everyone thinks I can find this Cup, but I don't know where it is!"clary replys back harshly making me look up at her,.

"Think, Clary. I'm trying to give you a chance."alaric tells her.

"I can't help you. I'm sorry. Now, will you please let us go?"she begs until the othet guy looks at me making me gulp.

"maybe this one knows...after all you are jocylen fairchilds daughter to." he says smirking at me.

i shake my head knwoing i know nothing that can help at all.

"Playtime's over then," he says slamming a bag on the table making me jump and gasp.

"Theo, just let me talk some sense into them."alaric says quietly but theo sakes his head.

"No, we did it your way. Now, we're gonna try it my way." he says gestruing for that other guy to come back over.

he does along with another.

wjhere the hell do they keep coming from.

he and he grabs simon and then the other pulls me from my chair making me whimper.

"tell us where the mortal cup is...or your funny friend and sister die."theo says making me gulp.

"please dont hurt them...i promise you i swear to you i do not know where this cup is."clary says leaning against the table tears in her eyes as she begs them.

"thats too bad...get rid of them"theo says before im pulled backwards.

"clary" i whimper as i struggle as the guy pulls me and simon back.

he struggles with me in his hold as he pulls us into a back room where simon gets shoved to the floor and im shoved into a wall.

i slowly drop to the floor leaning against it as i lift my knees to my chest whimpering.

"gracie you okay?" i hear simon ask making me whimper.

i feel tears rolling down my face as i hear him walking towards me.

"go away simon." i mutter hugging my knees to my chest.